• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our 'miracle' field

JJ50

We owned a property, which I have mentioned on the paranormal board, between 1997-2012, where the weirdest things happened. It has a 3 acre field, which came to media attention when and Irish couple on a walking tour of our part of Wales claimed to see a vision of the Virgin Mary at the top of the field and they were cured of their ailments. For a time our very narrow lane became like a mini Lourdes with other people claiming to have seen Mary and received healing.

One evening in May 1997 I was standing at the gate of the field when for a second or two I saw what looked like the popular image of the Virgin Mary. As she was unlikely to have looked anything like the picture book image, I am of the opinion I saw what I wanted to see!

Some years later the local paper reported that a gentleman had been saved from committing suicide after a trip to our field! I have had people writing to me or sending me e-mails, including two from the US claiming photos of the field have cured them

I too received a ‘miracle’ cure when I had a painful frozen shoulder, which had defied the best efforts of my doctor. Some suggested I stood at the field gate and see if the vibes from the field would help me. More out of amusement than anything else I stood there for about five minutes and found that my shoulder was considerably less painful, by the next day it was completely cured, I think my body’s own healing mechanisms kicked in, the field acting as a catalyst. Maybe I should visit the field again as I fractured that shoulder quite badly in November due to total stupidity on my part.

I am firmly of the opinion there is a natural explanation for so called miracles, no god involved.

I attach a photo of the field.
The Field 1.jpg

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If it was natural energy or an spirit that healed you is difficult to answer come down to belief i woud say. But in my experiance nature has its own spirits that could have been to your help. not saying it was God or Mary.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
@JJ50, I am in substantial agreement with you about paranormal events. It seems to me that, to whatever extent such things are real, they are most likely the result of natural causes that we are currently unaware of.

About 500 years ago, St. Elmo's fire was seen dancing around the top of Sophia's Cathedral in Constantinople on the eve of the Ottoman conquest of the city. Naturally, it was ascribed at the time to a supernatural event, since the science of the day had no explanation for it.

But what is sometimes overlooked is that back then, even the best available science could not have possibly come up with an explanation for the fire. Had all the world's scientists gathered to study the phenomenon, they would still not have arrived at an explanation. The science of the time was at least twelve or more discoveries away from even being in a position to reasonably speculate about what caused St. Elmo's fire.

To a reasonable person back then -- even a person well-informed by the standards of the time -- a supernatural explanation would have looked most plausible. A scientific explanation would not have fit in with the sciences of the time.

Today, if any paranormal events are real, our sciences might easily be hundreds of years short of an explanation for them. Today, it is far easier to dismiss paranormal events as supernatural or as nonsense than it is to conceive of them as having natural explanations.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
We owned a property, which I have mentioned on the paranormal board, between 1997-2012, where the weirdest things happened. It has a 3 acre field, which came to media attention when and Irish couple on a walking tour of our part of Wales claimed to see a vision of the Virgin Mary at the top of the field and they were cured of their ailments. For a time our very narrow lane became like a mini Lourdes with other people claiming to have seen Mary and received healing.

One evening in May 1997 I was standing at the gate of the field when for a second or two I saw what looked like the popular image of the Virgin Mary. As she was unlikely to have looked anything like the picture book image, I am of the opinion I saw what I wanted to see!

Some years later the local paper reported that a gentleman had been saved from committing suicide after a trip to our field! I have had people writing to me or sending me e-mails, including two from the US claiming photos of the field have cured them

I too received a ‘miracle’ cure when I had a painful frozen shoulder, which had defied the best efforts of my doctor. Some suggested I stood at the field gate and see if the vibes from the field would help me. More out of amusement than anything else I stood there for about five minutes and found that my shoulder was considerably less painful, by the next day it was completely cured, I think my body’s own healing mechanisms kicked in, the field acting as a catalyst. Maybe I should visit the field again as I fractured that shoulder quite badly in November due to total stupidity on my part.

I am firmly of the opinion there is a natural explanation for so called miracles, no god involved.

I attach a photo of the field.View attachment 26400

That does sound like spiritual healing. In my experiences, I don't have a religion or faith to attribute healing and experiences to. I do see it's a combination of religious belief and experience. Not more of a psychological thing (which I believe that's part of it) but something extra which is more from one's belief and self-fulling prophecy (maybe?) than mechanisms and gadgets.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@JJ50, I am in substantial agreement with you about paranormal events. It seems to me that, to whatever extent such things are real, they are most likely the result of natural causes that we are currently unaware of.

About 500 years ago, St. Elmo's fire was seen dancing around the top of Sophia's Cathedral in Constantinople on the eve of the Ottoman conquest of the city. Naturally, it was ascribed at the time to a supernatural event, since the science of the day had no explanation for it.

But what is sometimes overlooked is that back then, even the best available science could not have possibly come up with an explanation for the fire. Had all the world's scientists gathered to study the phenomenon, they would still not have arrived at an explanation. The science of the time was at least twelve or more discoveries away from even being in a position to reasonably speculate about what caused St. Elmo's fire.

To a reasonable person back then -- even a person well-informed by the standards of the time -- a supernatural explanation would have looked most plausible. A scientific explanation would not have fit in with the sciences of the time.

Today, if any paranormal events are real, our sciences might easily be hundreds of years short of an explanation for them. Today, it is far easier to dismiss paranormal events as supernatural or as nonsense than it is to conceive of them as having natural explanations.

Sometimes I think scientific explanations seems to understate (if that's the right word) the validity of supernatural experiences. That's probably why people have more doubt than accepting and appreciating whatever happened whether mystery or not as is.

For example, I looked up half a month ago on people at their last moment of death. They couldn't communicate at all; then, one time before passing, they would say something to their loved one beside them; and then, die. Doctors (and media) try to figure how the dying person can just wake up, talk, and then die. It's a mystery and to many a supernatural experience; but, regardless of either, it's still a miracle to the family member. Doctors always give that swivel of 1%.

JJ50

I have had plenty of so called 'supernatural' experiences since I was born, I do hope there is, or will be, a scientific explanation for everything, which some people consider 'paranormal'.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have had plenty of so called 'supernatural' experiences since I was born, I do hope there is, or will be, a scientific explanation for everything, which some people consider 'paranormal'.

I doubt I'll see one in my lifetime, but maybe in yours.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Eh, I'll believe it when I see hospital paperwork showing their ailments being miraculously cured.
It appears that I'm in a pickle here, since that's not something I'll be able to get my hands on.
:shrug:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think there are a myriad of beings and energies beyond our physical plane by the sheer quantity, quality and consistency of human events. My opinion is that your field is likely a place where these energies and beings can operate more abundantly.