• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our lives and safety are of no concern to law enforcement.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The problem is that it's more than just a few.
Wrongful assault, shooting, abuse, & even robbery
have all been going on for a very long time.
Cops have earned scorn for what many did & still do.
Alas, we're not seeing any meaningful widespread
reform of the whole system.
It'll take a long time for policing, & consequently public
perceptions to change.

Then we should hate every person in any profession. We should just hate and fear everyone.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Oh, I caught that.
But I inferred your message to be dismissing
concerns about dangerous cops because
everyone can be bad.

Then you read my post wrong, I didn't say or even infer dangerous cops should not be a concern. They should be convicted. But I don't hold their actions against all the decent cops. Same as I don't blame all check out operators for the ones that have ripped me off by being incompetent or the one who tried to steal $20 from me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then you read my post wrong, I didn't say or even infer dangerous cops should not be a concern. They should be convicted. But I don't hold their actions against all the decent cops. Same as I don't blame all check out operators for the ones that have ripped me off by being incompetent or the one who tried to steal $20 from me.
Be careful using sarcasm...or sarchasm.
It's easy to mis-infer.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
This is not a pro/anti gun debate. There are other threads for that.

I hope everyone knows that at least 40 Uvalde cops stood outside the school and did NOTHING as the shooter slaughtered children and teachers.
Watch this video:

I hope all the "back the blue" bootlickers finally see what we've been trying to tell them for years now. And that is law enforcement have NO DUTY to protect citizens. There are multiple Supreme Court laws stating this. This is what it looks like when cops say things like "officer safety", "feared for my life", "first priority is to make it home at the end of my shift", "rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6". This is not the first time an armed cop did nothing but cower during a school shooting.

These cops claimed they were waiting for a key. Which begs the question, after decades of blasting through all types of doors in seconds to conduct a no knock raid, why all of a sudden did they need a key for this door???

Cops are cowards. I hope everyone finally sees that a cop will never sacrifice themselves or their fellow cops for any citizen...ever.

Is it the younger generation that has different values or something? Things don't seem to be running as smoothly anymore. Heck, it's routine to get a package thrown in your yard or sent to the wrong address. Is there no work ethic or attention to detail?

averageJOE

zombie
The police have no legal obligation to put their lives in danger to protect or serve anyone. This idea is a myth sold to you by endless propaganda to create a false sense of security and to justify outrageous budgets for social control.

Deshaney v. Winnabego:
DeShaney v. Winnebago Cty. DSS, 489 U.S. 189 (1989)

Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales:
Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005)

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.

Police are trained to never put their lives on the line. Police are trained to sacrifice nothing. Even though law enforcement across the nation have SOP's for active shooter situations, they are under no legal obligation to do anything if they feel there is any chance even the slightest bit of harm can come to themselves.

Back the blue until it happens to you.

averageJOE

zombie
As a shooter was in a school killing children, the cops were outside tasing and handcuffing the parents who were trying to make it into the school to save their children.

If you ask me...the cops were protecting the shooter from the parents.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm judging the actions of every single cop that was there by the actions of every single cop that was there.
The <funny> rating is for you clever turn of phrase.
This is an alert to mods who might think the rating abusive.
(We gotta be circumspect here.)