• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our lives and safety are of no concern to law enforcement.

averageJOE

zombie
This is not a pro/anti gun debate. There are other threads for that.

I hope everyone knows that at least 40 Uvalde cops stood outside the school and did NOTHING as the shooter slaughtered children and teachers.
Watch this video:

I hope all the "back the blue" bootlickers finally see what we've been trying to tell them for years now. And that is law enforcement have NO DUTY to protect citizens. There are multiple Supreme Court laws stating this. This is what it looks like when cops say things like "officer safety", "feared for my life", "first priority is to make it home at the end of my shift", "rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6". This is not the first time an armed cop did nothing but cower during a school shooting.

These cops claimed they were waiting for a key. Which begs the question, after decades of blasting through all types of doors in seconds to conduct a no knock raid, why all of a sudden did they need a key for this door???

Cops are cowards. I hope everyone finally sees that a cop will never sacrifice themselves or their fellow cops for any citizen...ever.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I hope everyone knows that at least 40 Uvalde cops stood outside the school and did NOTHING as the shooter slaughtered children and teachers.
Watch this video:

I hope all the "back the blue" bootlickers finally see what we've been trying to tell them for years now. And that is law enforcement have NO DUTY to protect citizens. There are multiple Supreme Court laws stating this. This is what it looks like when cops say things like "officer safety", "feared for my life", "first priority is to make it home at the end of my shift", "rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6". This is not the first time an armed cop did nothing but cower during a school shooting.

These cops claimed they were waiting for a key. Which begs the question, after decades of blasting through all types of doors in seconds to conduct a no knock raid, why all of a sudden did they need a key for this door???

Cops are cowards. I hope everyone finally sees that a cop will never sacrifice themselves or their fellow cops for any citizen...ever.
It's why residency requirements become more important then ever.

You hire an officer who dosent have any personal investment in the neighborhood itself, dosent
even live there, this is typically what happens.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

You ever try to break down a school door?

Good luck

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
No. But the government didn't give me millions of dollars of military equipment either.

You really thing 40 cops couldn't enter a school, but a single gunman could?

Yes. Doors get locked down at first sign of an emergency/shooter.

The cops have to wait for not only permission to enter, but the ability to do so. They need to know where the gunman is, and whether or not he has hostages. They need to ascertain whether or not the shooter has multiple weapons. Running in blind, they are just as likely to shoot a kid/teacher, then the shooter itself.

It's ****ty, but it's how it works.

Edited

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Watch this video:

Considering the recent anti-police sentiment, why should they risk their lives for others?
I hope the defund the police crowd begin to understand the consequences.

Cops Say Low Morale And Department Scrutiny Are Driving Them Away From The Job

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Watch this video:

It's a little unfair to judge every cop by the actions of a few.

74x12

Watch this video:

A strong case for armed citizens especially in the schools to protect the kids. Everyone knows the police job is to show up after the crime and investigate. Too late to save anyone. Besides police have protocals to go by. They don't just rush in.

There are reasons they could have held back. Perhaps they thought it was a hostage situation. He did take hostages at first. The door was designed to help stop/prevent school shooters. Apparently no one thought it could be used against the police as well.

I don't know how it stopped the police since they usually have access to special equipment but it wasn't your average door. Perhaps they wanted to use a silent approach. If they busted in the door then the shooter would know they were coming. This may spur him to shoot more hostages(the police didn't know he was already shooting indiscriminately).

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Considering the recent anti-police sentiment, why should they risk their lives for others?
I hope the defund the police crowd begin to understand the consequences.

Cops Say Low Morale And Department Scrutiny Are Driving Them Away From The Job
Police stations were full of corrupt and selfish, self interested, power hungry, abusive, evidence planting cops long before defund crowd came along. Moral is low because people aren't tolerating the corrupt cops and those who look the other way (which is the same thing in my book) anymore.
Consequences, give me a break. "Why are you guys so mean to us for being systemically corrupt? :( :( :( "

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not a few. And the phrase that gets thrown around "a few bad apples" is "a few bad apples spoils the bunch." As in, the entire lot need to be thrown out if the many are willing to be complicit to a few. And they are. Cops which break laws more often than not just get sent to a different precinct and nothing changes.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
'Police' is a word that means 'Janitor', originally. Society mostly needs them to clean up after crimes and accidents. They cannot do a lot more than that. They try.

danieldemol

Premium Member
@averageJOE ,
I can understand why you have low respect for law enforcement, but don't really get why you appear to feel they should throw their lives away for a few meagre dollars.

I would think Occupational Health and Safety would be the primary consideration of any occupation.

In my opinion.

averageJOE

zombie
A strong case for armed citizens especially in the schools to protect the kids. Everyone knows the police job is to show up after the crime and investigate. Too late to save anyone. Besides police have protocals to go by. They don't just rush in.

There are reasons they could have held back. Perhaps they thought it was a hostage situation. He did take hostages at first. The door was designed to help stop/prevent school shooters. Apparently no one thought it could be used against the police as well.

I don't know how it stopped the police since they usually have access to special equipment but it wasn't your average door. Perhaps they wanted to use a silent approach. If they busted in the door then the shooter would know they were coming. This may spur him to shoot more hostages(the police didn't know he was already shooting indiscriminately).
I was military police for 11 years. Worked hundreds of hours with multiple departments and SWAT teams. What you describe is not in any police, sheriff, state trooper, or federal law enforcement SOP. All of them, are engrained from the very beginning to NEVER sacrifice themselves. They are trained with a feared based mentality from the get go.

averageJOE

zombie
, why should they risk their lives for others?
Exactly!!!

This is the EXACT mentality cops are TRAINED to have. And the Supreme Court backs this up. Law Enforcement will NOT risk their lives for others. EVER. Not even for innocent children, like this situation showed. I hope everyone sees this.

Cops are COWARDS.

Back the blue until it happens to you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes. Doors get locked down at first sign of an emergency/shooter.

The cops have to wait for not only permission to enter, but the ability to do so. They need to know where the gunman is, and whether or not he has hostages. They need to ascertain whether or not the shooter has multiple weapons. Running in blind, they are just as likely to shoot a kid/teacher, then the shooter itself.
It sounds like cops aren't much use in such situations.
Why have 40 of'm standing outside when just 5 standing
outside would be more than adequate, eh.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It sounds like cops aren't much use in such situations.
Why have 40 of'm standing outside when just 5 standing
outside would be more than adequate, eh.

All they get is a report of shots fired. Which is an all hands on deck event, especially at a school. They could have left. Only one team need enter. But then you've support personnel as well. As for the remaining. It's hard to look away from a tragic train wreck.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The problem is that it's more than just a few.
Wrongful assault, shooting, abuse, & even robbery
have all been going on for a very long time.
Cops have earned scorn for what many did & still do.
Alas, we're not seeing any meaningful widespread
reform of the whole system.
It'll take a long time for policing, & consequently public
perceptions to change.

averageJOE

zombie
Also, some cops actually entered the school to save their own kids, and left all the others.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Exactly!!!

This is the EXACT mentality cops are TRAINED to have. And the Supreme Court backs this up. Law Enforcement will NOT risk their lives for others. EVER. Not even for innocent children, like this situation showed. I hope everyone sees this.

Cops are COWARDS.

I looked for their active shooter protocols.

It is the policy of this agency in active shooter situations where ongoing deadly force is reasonably likely to be employed by a suspect—and delay in taking law enforcement action could result in injury or death—that immediate action by officers at the scene is necessary when such actions are deemed reasonable to prevent further injuries or loss of life.
https://www.theiacp.org/sites/default/files/2021-07/ActiveShooter2018-UpdatedFormat 07.16.2021_0.pdf

I would hope for immediate action. Though I suppose it is easy to point out all of the mistakes after the fact.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All they get is a report of shots fired. Which is an all hands on deck event, especially at a school. They could have left. Only one team need enter. But then you've support personnel as well. As for the remaining. It's hard to look away from a tragic train wreck.
Yet they don't appear to be prepared for a situation
that they deemed need 40+ cops on hand, eg, with
door breaching equipment, body armor.