• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our greatest stumbling blocks...

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
@Xavier Graham
It sounds to me as if the direction of your life is in the balance! I can not do for you as my own goddess has done for me, not nearly… but perhaps I can still help in some small way…

@Aštra’el I have seen you say that you have a god of fitness. Can you share me details on this god?

Well… “fitness”, yes… but among other things.

I can share the attributes of my “patron goddess”, as I have experienced her—

“Aštoreth- within my religion- exemplifies and inspires focused passion, wisdom, willpower, war, fitness and athletic prowess, strength/ speed/ stamina, combat, competition, discipline over emotion, equanimity, strategy and tactics, pragmatism, perseverance, and victory in battle.”

I have also described some ways in which I worship her:

“I worship Aštoreth through training. Combat. Competition. Running, lifting, and any manner of exercise… are all means of worship. The harder I push myself, and the stronger my body gets… the more our connection grows, the more I develop in her image and attributes, and the more I honor my goddess. The greatest moments are when you feel like you can’t go on, and are ready to give up… but you feel your goddess inspiring you to keep going, to continue, to push on and excel and reach new heights. That sense of victory and achievement, when you have triumphed over yourself, your weaker self, and conquered your limits, while reaching ever higher….”

There is another means of worship that I find great purpose in. I have described it as “opening gateways for my gods to enter the hearts and minds of man”. Art. Through art, I can find ways to convey my gods so that people can get an idea of how I experience them through my religion. They can get glimpses into the conflicts within me, and the euphoria, the pain, the passion, and purpose. All of it, and more. One day, I will no longer be here… but the gates will remain open.

Speaking of worship… I have seen many people worshiping their gods through one sided prayers, randomized altars, and meaningless rituals… with no real connection or relationship at all! I do not understand it. Establish a relationship, and grow and develop that connection! Give them face and give them voice! Do for them as they have done for you! Expand their presence in this world through your choices and actions! Give them the power to exemplify all that you seek to be! Attune your conscience so that when you are at a crossroads, it is your gods you feel pushing you in a certain direction! You will not hear their voice with your ears, but as you would your own conscience, inspiring you to navigate a certain path…or as you would a familiar song, in the back of your mind, igniting passions and inspiring True Will…

I have the means to get fit, but I suffer from a severe lack of motivation to take care of myself. However, I believe it would motivate me plenty to have a god to offer my pursuit to get swole.
We have all endured setbacks from time to time. An injury, a pandemic, being distracted by addiction, some “time off”… etc. It can be painful. The most difficult part is getting back in the gym and facing how weak you have become, and how pathetic you are now, compared to before… even if others can not see it. Do not allow that to hold you back! It is always easiest to “level up” at the beginning… even if it is your first time.

It’s true. When you work out frequently, and for a long time, eventually you hit a plateau. The gains come slower and it feels like you are lifting mostly to maintain what strength you’ve amassed… and when you stop, your body loses it quickly. But when you first begin, or when you finally return… the gains come quickly.

Every day, you are either becoming stronger or weaker…

Consider focusing less on getting “swole”, and focus more on developing strength, speed, and stamina. The rest will follow- the body you desire will come in time. Watch the numbers when you workout to track your progress and see the results for yourself… you just have to be consistent and not let up. You start small, but as the weeks go by, the months, those incremental gains in strength will add up.

Let the gym become a sacred temple.

Start slow and ease into it. Discover and rediscover the exercises you enjoy. Become familiar with 4x 10 and 3x 6. Try upper body one day, and lower body the next. Give yourself rest days when you need them. Research new exercises and how to properly do them. Take music with you. Create music playlists throughout the year to commentate the moments and keep you motivated. Drink lots of water and consume lots of protein. Abandon the addictions that destroy your life! Embrace the ones that strengthen you! What do you hunger for more… addiction… or power? Take pride in who you are! Convince yourself to overcome any obstacle before you!

Make it a ritual— the act of becoming stronger. When you have found your god(s), and you can feel them with you throughout this journey… remember them. Thank them for all they have done, and do for them as they have done for you!

And when you do begin to excel, when you have proven to yourself that you are rising above most of the people around you… take it even further! Do not stop. Keep going. Identify your so called “limits” and surpass them! Your primary competition is not against other human beings… it is against yourself.

Inspiration, motivation…

So you struggle with staying motivated. Why? Are you not worthy of the future you envision for yourself? Step up and claim it! Defy the odds and conquer your worst self!

Here is a thought. Do you ever feel like you are getting glimpses into parallel versions of yourself… incarnations of “you” who have already succeeded in achieving everything you aim to achieve? Do not be weighed down by such visions! Let them inspire you, utilize them as a roadmap for how you might excel! Forbid regret from ever taking hold!

My inspiration is gods. My inspiration is music. My inspiration is a hunger for power. My inspiration is dreams, and ambition. Passion. Love. Hate. Pain. Purpose.

Destiny. True Will.

What… inspires you?

Call to action…

You can feel that natural calling to bond with a god or goddess who complements your greatest dreams and goals and ambitions. I can see it… but… what are you willing to sacrifice? To experience this path… I had to close some doors forever, and give up something incredibly precious to me. It has all been worth it.

When you do find them— the god or goddess for which you resonate with the most, and feel most naturally drawn to as if it were fate— then I encourage you to do your part in strengthening your deity through your life choices and actions! Expand their influence in this world! Grow in their image! Allow them to evolve through you and your own spiritual-religious system into an Exemplar of the here and now!

This is my advice. You will what you Will… I hope.

Last edited: