• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Future Among the Stars

Heyo

Veteran Member
This is a spin-off of "end times". Our discussion about space travel has become off topic there, so we'll continue here.

In general, what do you think of space travel and living in space or on other heavenly bodies other than earth?

Heyo

Veteran Member
@ChristineM wrote in "end times":

Interstellar flight is the problem. Moving a ship to close to the speed of light will require a way to counteract the massive increase in mass.

The alternative is slow (relitively) speed taking some time, a 10 light year journey will take around half a million years
Using only known physics and technology that has been shown to work at least in principle, 20% of c seems possible. Using nuclear fusion while capturing interstellar hydrogen overcomes the rocket problem.
I.e. a trip to proxima centauri takes about 20 years.
Take extended life span into account and interstellar travel becomes interesting.

Heyo

Veteran Member
@ManSinha wrote in "end times":

I think we should create another thread for this - rather than go on in end times
Sorry, our intention was not to spam your OP. Here is the new thread.

BUT that said - what about the method used in Stargate - bending the space time continuum?
People are seriously discussing the Alcubierre drive - Wikipedia. (Inspired by Star Trek, not Stargate.) While that seems to be a theoretical option to overcome the lightspeed barrier, it depends on absolutely unknown technology. My suggestion will work with what we already know and have.

IIRC there have been experiments where protons or some other sub atomic particle has been able to be projected at two separate points using quantum mechanics .........
Yes, but it doesn't work on macroscopic objects.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
This is a spin-off of "end times". Our discussion about space travel has become off topic there, so we'll continue here.

In general, what do you think of space travel and living in space or on other heavenly bodies other than earth?
we are not leaving this solar system

unless

and now I reference to a movie with Keanu Reeves in the lead
the Day the Earth Stood Still

It's a remake of black and white movie

his character by means of high tech can assume the form of the life on the planet they visist

stands to reason
without that ability.....walking on alien turf would be difficult to plan for

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and of course
getting from point a to b.....you need the speed of light
and more

to do that you have to become AS light

I am of course hinting......we will leave this world
but we will leave our bodies behind

ClimbingTheLadder

Up and Down again
With practicality, do you mean physical or economical? I think it is physically feasible. But there is, at the time, no economical drive in it. It's a thing you have to want to do - and it is pretty expensive.

Kinda both, it's a "do the ends justify the means" sort of thing in my mind. Aside from that, if we can't all get along on earth, how can we assume that this will change elsewhere, lol.

Heyo

Veteran Member
stands to reason
As I said in the other thread, living on other planets becomes pretty pointless once you are able to live in space. What you want are easy to dismantle small rocks to build new living space.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Kinda both, it's a "do the ends justify the means" sort of thing in my mind. Aside from that, if we can't all get along on earth, how can we assume that this will change elsewhere, lol.
Conflict comes with the territory, literally.
“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”

― Douglas Adams

In space, you can just move away.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I think humanity or our descendants will eventually be able to travel to the stars...and from what I understand, it will take the ability to control a significant fraction of the energy of the sun to do anything more than send a few probes on one-way missions...and so when our technology and our economy has grown a few million-fold...

maybe then...in tens or hundreds of thousands of years...or longer...

ManSinha

Thanks @Heyo for creating the thread (BTW "end times" was not my thread - I was just another poster trying to be polite :))

There are a couple of variants of star travel in sci fi literature - as mentioned - warp speed in Star Trek - based on the energies obtained out of careful mixtures of matter and anti-matter in the dilithium matrix chamber

Stargate with its "gates" and beaming technology (at least that is how I understood it) is another example

Yet another with a similar theme was the five year run of Andromeda starring Kevin Sorbo - featured "pathways" in space created by "ancients from Tarn-Vedra" - an evolved civilization - that allowed faster than light transport along those pathways - kinda like a bus or train route - where one had to get off at a pre existing point and then navigate to one's destination.

So - one of the (vanishingly small) options is that humanity could discover technology left behind by another more advanced race instead of having to build it from scratch.

And yes - the experiments in quantum physics are just that at the moment, experiments - but I am also hoping for nanotechnology to evolve to more effectively deliver cancer curing treatments at the heart of the tumor or indeed alter the body's genetic makeup to fight cancer

In other words - it frequently starts off as imagination - then someone does it in a controlled situation in a lab and then - who knows

I am not for an instant saying that we shall see these in our lifetimes - I am around half way thru mine :) - but a guy can hope ......

Where are @Subduction Zone and @shunyadragon when you want them around? And I have heard @Revoltingest mention a past life as an engineer.

As far as actually girding up and looking to explore over the next hill in space - my feeling is that it would depend on several things
1. Safety
2. Affordability
3. Likelihood of return versus one way trip - this may be different for settlers on a nearby "M class planetoid" versus those that take off to explore aka Starship Enterprise with Picard (think families etc)

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

It's fine for everybody else but I'll stay here.

rational experiences

Veteran Member

Interstellar flight is the problem. Moving a ship to close to the speed of light will require a way to counteract the massive increase in mass.

The alternative is slow (relitively) speed taking some time, a 10 light year journey will take around half a million years
Using only known physics and technology that has been shown to work at least in principle, 20% of c seems possible. Using nuclear fusion while capturing interstellar hydrogen overcomes the rocket problem.
Take extended life span into account and interstellar travel becomes interesting.

The science story as relativity has to first involve looking at the God O stone body.

And he said, in modern times after his own returned life and reincarnated life was re owned by atmospheric gas changes....that he remembered what happened to God the O stone Earth body as a ship that travels/moves through a cycle.

And he told us all that story his own self. He said that God the stone ARK had travelled with its family, of 8 parent bodies and 3 son bodies and 3 daughter bodies through space on that stone ARK through space from Orion/Sirius.

And said that the other family members had been sacrificed in the flooding of it.

Always said that God existed upon the face of the water....meaning spatial body.

For O God the planet as a once burning body of gases made water form in space due to space being so cold against is burning mass.....water got put onto the face.

Science relativity.

Therefore science in Satanism always said the Ark of the covenant is STONE.

And told a story how a multi galaxy of other family members in science had died and were put deep below the attack in the flood. Meaning that they fell in space into the great deep, exploded as O God families and became black hole star groups.

The rest of our galaxy that held us up as an Earth review where science sees other bodies likened to Earth existence.

So males told a story about how the ARK of destruction was formed by the Sun of the rebellion of God the burning Hell angels....Suns. And it was a UFO war they said.

As the story, a pattern is a story of a story of a story of a story.

To emulate.

Originally the God O planet theme, stone was natural in its origins. Males said it had been flooded with water in the original Sun attack upon its body.

Where and how the first relativity of the sciences was thought upon.

And males changed the Sun so that God our O planet plunged into the Great Deep, so he said it fell into a space well.

And the Satan God bodies that exploded gave the Earth buoyancy so it floated upon the waves of burning radiating bodies beneath it.

Which stopped Earth from plunging into the depths where Satan fell.

Science therefore claimed that Earth existed with a parent body.....our Sun...and its Mother the Earth, as a stone ARK theme.

Owners of it.

And then said, that it supported 3 female bodies and 3 male bodies as 6 main other bodies.

So it said holiness was the 7 planetary Union.

Mars at that time was not implemented in that union, as science on Earth introduced other bodies into the cosmology....and it increased.

Such as the newly gained moons.....very large released bodies joined in the union.

In that new Universal gain, collisions and planetary changes were apparent.

What human male scientists knew....about how they as a male personally shifted Earth in space and never expected it to survive.

Why scientifically they know so much about the stories in the cosmology seeing the original male scientists were involved in the change to the cosmos.

How our Sun became a very small Sun from all the losses in the fall through space.

And cosmological science as a plan and a theme is based on that historic information of how males in science shifted the Earth and made it drop in space.

Therefore it is obvious that science knows that is owns a symbolic plan of references that involves the Earth as God O with physical mass changes through space....and it involves activation of huge Earth flooding also.

Males in science knew that if they heat up the Sun to Earth cold radiation fusion into heated released radiation fusion by Earth science...that the spatial deep cold empty pit or well.....sucks the higher irradiating body down deeper into space and we begin to move away from the higher galaxies and become smaller.

For the original plan of the first scientist was to force the Earth gases to go cold and not burn....which would mean to force the Sun to be extinguished...and that out come can only be by dropping it forcibly in a plan into the great deep.

Why the story about male human sciences said that they burnt us all to death and tried to send God back to its spatial beginnings.....its coldest non alight stone form.

Of just a planet of stone sitting in deep empty non gas atmospheric space.

So science in human male memory proves that it knew exactly what it had caused in the past as a scientist on Earth. And owned every intention of causing it again.

To force the stone ARK to move....being planet Earth to shift its mass by a calculation of its ARK measurement of reasoning how to shift mass.

In the past the ICE melted.....it poured with rain in such a huge ICE mass removal that it rained for a timed period of 40 days and 40 nights...and then it stopped.

It stopped the male said when the Ark landed and hit Mt. Ararat, after it had blackened and scorched the face of Mt. Sinai.

Therefore it is real that a burning activated attack must have sent Planet Earth into a speeding travel of spatial drop...to own the causes of water lifting up into the air off the ground...and massive Ice flooding.

And in modern times, science claiming the speed of light are only talking about the Earth gases burning that own light. And as science does not own natural light if they claim they want to speed it in science, then they know the history and the exactness of what they explain in relativity of the shifting of a natural body of mass in its held fixed position in space.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
we are not leaving this solar system

unless

and now I reference to a movie with Keanu Reeves in the lead
the Day the Earth Stood Still

It's a remake of black and white movie

his character by means of high tech can assume the form of the life on the planet they visist

stands to reason

Which is why my ancestors hybridise the most promising host on any target planet..
In this case primates.
It also circumvents the need for terraforming, which is very costly compared to gene splicing.
:alien:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
AI updated everyday in male NDE death conditions, owner natural death and also unnatural artificially forced/caused death says to everyone science is the cloner.

And said it related to the alienation of life and discussed scientific laboratories, even before it was lived, chosen and enacted. So we know it is our Satanic brother, the scientist doing it all, by all of his evil how to separate everything and give it a separated radiation pulsed sound, to say, that O God sound will kill off plants, this O God sound will kill of the trees, O this God sound insects, O this God sound humans.

What he knows...what he claims is the worlds of life on Earth and how to end it.

Therefore I learnt that he was trying to shift the mass of God stone. And science knows that mass can only shift in a conversion/transformation by a radiated heated spatial hole made...what nuclear mini dust conversions did. And so multiple masses of that interaction daily, built up a new AI vision model that told science that a particle owned a huge world upon world of massive power releases...and lied.

For the ^ pyramid as plan of ET meant stone upon stone.

Guess what natural atmospheric cold gas mass are? Stone historic gases, released out of stone.

Guess what science tried to give Earth atmospheric mass by machine atmospheric experiments? To claim I will shift stone is to take stone from its owned cold gas mass history to make it disappear, sink holes. Our stone gas history is cold gases in the atmosphere...they disappear too and become hot burning gases.....a male idea of shifting the physical mass of the presence of stone by atmospheric shifting.

And that involves natural stone gases, increasing metallic radiation bodies to infer stone in its physical form history, when it is not stone. As if they were trying to convert the history stone gases back into stone above our heads.

As if stone was going to hit us with stone.

Outcome is that mass of stone by irradiation eventually does hit Earth with incoming stone mass...as point in space where stone exists as known to scientists mapping out points and places in cold space where stone sits/exists.

Which is how they shifted God the mass of stone in the past, we dropped into the pond of space like a rock does...and sunk. So Earth natural gases as speed of light as quoted in science is not and never was natural day light. For natural gas day light does not speed. In science extra gas masses illuminated by and due to science, the speed of light already caused by science in nuclear conversion exists.

So science causes it. Science then pretends it is natural when it is machine owned held constant attack...then science tries to emulate it and therefore increase it. How the speed of light burns up our gases and Earth drops out of it pressurized cold holding in cold space...as they heat it up or abominate it, as another term.

Known.

So Satanists in the Moses depiction, knew what Earth travel stone Ark was historically stated, calculated and known...by stories, maths and science in the cosmos..what everyone always said. The Destroyer subliminal AI possession of the male science mind psyche.

Why medical male in a phenomena brotherhood study owned the public proof of its causes...knowing that subliminal possession in AI is real. And it is a Destroyer mentality in the sciences....for the Moses theme proved that ancient scientists knew what information that were inferring. Stone o the planet moved as that Ark from Sirius.

Today males tried to convince their own selves that Sirius and its trajectories was advice how stone was put back into the point/place that Earth as stone existed as natural stone...and lied....by subliminal messaging.

The story talked about how Earth as a stone planet with its Universe had been released out of the higher galaxy and dropped into deep cold space from original male chosen sciences....who never thought they would live again. It was not their male human intention to return to life on Earth. They expected Earth to become a black hole.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

@ChristineM is right. Just think about the impacts from space dust and other matter that regular spacecraft incur requiring continual maintenance and repair.

Imagine what those impact's would be like hitting them at the speed of light.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
@ChristineM is right. Just think about the impacts from space dust and other matter that regular spacecraft incur requiring continual maintenance and repair.

When I was being constantly attacked over a long period of time, the NASA satellite overheated and was hit, it had to be repaired.....an Earth machine.

That should have been enough evidence that science is wrong.

Air planes for many years being suddenly impacted and dropped out of the sky, or gaining huge indentations other evidence.

As was flocks of birds falling out of the sky dead.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Space is mostly empty, interstellar space even more so, so it wouldn't be a big risk to hit anything. But some serious shielding would definitely be in order.

PureX

Veteran Member

We haven't even figured out how to live on the Earth, yet. We don't deserve to presume the right to infect and exploit anywhere else.