• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ouija Boards

Do you believe that Ouija boards allow contact with the spirit world?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Comicaze247

See the previous line
My sister and I have used one in our house. It's just a common one that you get from a toy store, glow in the dark and everything.

In using it, my sister and I discovered that we have a spirit in our house. He was asked by my grandmother, who had died recently, to watch over us. He had great insights on things that my sister and I had not shared even with each other, and even scared one of my sister's good Mormon friends because he gave accurate information on something about her mother that NOBODY knew.

I know people are skeptical about Ouija boards, spirits, and all that. So were my sister and I. But I assure you, we did not move it by ourselves. We were using just the very tips of our fingernails, and it would move. My sister claims feeling as though there were a pair of hands holding her wrists and guiding them.

I'm just wondering what other RFers think of this.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Look up ideomotor movement. It gives one natural explanation for the phenomena seen while using an Ouija board.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Look up ideomotor movement. It gives one natural explanation for the phenomena seen while using an Ouija board.
Oh I understand that, trust me. As I mentioned, I was skeptical as well. But I also mentioned that my sister and I used only the tips of our fingernails, basically unable to move it by ourselves.
And it also displayed knowledge of things that nobody touching the board knew. The Mormon girl I mentioned wasn't even touching the board.
As a psychology major, I don't doubt that the ideomotor effect could be a factor in many cases. So my sister and I took every precaution we could to minimize the possibility.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Using these boards exposes your eternal soul to daemonic influence. Every time you try to contact the spirit realm or communicate with evil forces you risk becoming infected by Satan. These boards may lead to daemonic possession and only a priest can perform the appropriate exorcism to save your soul. I suggest you stay away from such evil parlor games.

Oh wait, did you say ouija boards? I thought you said Candyland. Forget what I said, ouija boards are nonsense. I tried one once and all it kept spelling out was "daddy, daddy, you b*****d, I'm through." :shrug:
sylvia-plath-ouija-board-23386-1252448180-176.jpg

tarasan

Using these boards exposes your eternal soul to daemonic influence. Every time you try to contact the spirit realm or communicate with evil forces you risk becoming infected by Satan. These boards may lead to daemonic possession and only a priest can perform the appropriate exorcism to save your soul. I suggest you stay away from such evil parlor games.

Oh wait, did you say ouija boards? I thought you said Candyland. Forget what I said, ouija boards are nonsense. I tried one once and all it kept spelling out was "daddy, daddy, you b*****d, I'm through." :shrug:
sylvia-plath-ouija-board-23386-1252448180-176.jpg

you do not want to **** off candy land....

that stuffs realy dude.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
You better believe they work. I used to own one. You better be careful with them too, they can draw spirits you may not like. Always light white candles when you use the oracle and think good thoughts.

tarasan

You better believe they work. I used to own one. You better be careful with them too, they can draw spirits you may not like. Always light white candles when you use the oracle and think good thoughts.

If you run the risk of some bad stuff goin down wouldnt it be better to just not contact an oracle?

Rainbow Mage

I still frequently use other oracles like the Tarot though. The Tarot actually relies on no outside energies, it's your own energy bonded with the deck as a tool to bring out your inner untapped psychic energies.

tarasan

Tarasan I got rid of mine. Some of my friends were being influenced by it.

yeah indeed my statement wasnt really aimed at you i was just following that train of thought so i quoted you.

I have no idea if those things are real or not, personnaly i wouldnt want to find out.

Rainbow Mage

Tarasan if you fear it's definitely best to stay away. Your fear will definitely draw some negativity. Alistair Crowley was right about one thing, if you mess with magic, you better give it all you got, magic without tears. The spirit world can be unforgiving.

Erebus

I'd believe ouija boards work if it wasn't for the fact people are touching the glass/triangle. As it is, I'm pretty skeptical.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I can't say really say that I'm personally sold on Ouija boards, but I know people that are and they would avoid them like the plague after having bad experiences with them. I wouldn't mess with them just to be on the safe side.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
:D
Oh wait... you were serious? :areyoucra

Ouija boards work because the ideomotor effect is well documented and people's self delusion further confirms their bias to believe in the magical when there's nothing supernatural involved at all.

blackout

Violet.
I like pendulum dowsing.

Either way spelling stuff out takes WAY too long.

Ultimately we all answer our own Selves anyway.
Some of us like doing it enshrouded in an aura of magic.

I personally prefer black candles to white ones.

:bkcat: