• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other Sacred Texts That Have Bizarre, Esoteric Symbolism

David Davidovich

Hello. Does anyone know if there are any other sacred texts besides the Bible that have bizarre, esoteric symbolisms in its writings such as the Bible's books of Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Have you ever read or looked through the books of Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation?

Yes, but everyone's take on what makes them esoteric or bizarre is different. Certain symbols call to each person differently.

They are all roughly end-times stories. Lots of traditions have stories of this sort. Ragnarok for instance.

David Davidovich

Yes, but everyone's take on what makes them esoteric or bizarre is different. Certain symbols call to each person differently.

They are all roughly end-times stories. Lots of traditions have stories of this sort. Ragnarok for instance.

So, does Ragnarok have symbolic language that looks like it's some sort of secret code, along with bizarre representations of beings/entities and events?

The Cherubim, later shortened to Cherub, is the lowest in rank among the four. The Bible describes these beings as animal-human hybrids, tasked with guarding the garden of Eden against humankind.

In the Book of Ezekiel, the prophet’s vision depicts them as having four faces: that of a lion, an ox, an eagle, and a human. They have straight legs, four wings, and bull hooves for feet that gleam like polished brass. One set of wings covers their body, and the other is used for flight.​

click here: How Angels Really Look Like, According to the Bible | by Ben Kageyama | History of Yesterday

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Unfortunately, the two browsers that I used won't let me go to that site. They both say that it's not safe.
yes, i noticed that, but it's an erroneous message because there's no username/password/login/cc# used to access the resources on the site. on my browser there's an advanced option then i chose to ignore the warning.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
So, does Ragnarok have symbolic language that looks like it's some sort of secret code, along with bizarre representations of beings/entities and events?

The Cherubim, later shortened to Cherub, is the lowest in rank among the four. The Bible describes these beings as animal-human hybrids, tasked with guarding the garden of Eden against humankind.

In the Book of Ezekiel, the prophet’s vision depicts them as having four faces: that of a lion, an ox, an eagle, and a human. They have straight legs, four wings, and bull hooves for feet that gleam like polished brass. One set of wings covers their body, and the other is used for flight.​

click here: How Angels Really Look Like, According to the Bible | by Ben Kageyama | History of Yesterday

Yes it does.

74x12

Hello. Does anyone know if there are any other sacred texts besides the Bible that have bizarre, esoteric symbolisms in its writings such as the Bible's books of Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation?
Both books of Enoch. Although their authenticity is questionable they have a lot of value as well.

David Davidovich

yes, i noticed that, but it's an erroneous message because there's no username/password/login/cc# used to access the resources on the site. on my browser there's an advanced option then i chose to ignore the warning.

Okay, I was going to try that, but now I'm able to easily access the site. :D

David Davidovich

Of course

Otherwise I would not have asked

I could answer in multiple ways

Well, since you asked nicely. ;)

Well, there seems to be a perception (or at least with me or perhaps something that I heard before) that the esoteric and bizarre symbolic language that some of the Bible scriptures have is proof that a higher power (e.g. God) inspired the minds of the writers to be able to produce such writings. Therefore, from what I know, the Bible seems to have a monopoly on this and I wanted to know if other scared scriptures had this type of writings in them. Although, I have heard some people say that the bizarre nature of some of the Bible writings are a result of psychedelic mushrooms. :fearscream: