• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osiris and Horus the Younger

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I've often (as show clearly by my "anti-Osirian title) viewed Osiris and Osirian ideology to be that which is at the heart of things like Christianity, and western thought in general. However, this seems to be inaccurate. Christianity cannot honestly be stated as pure stagnation, they're certainly striving for a different world, they want a certain kind of stagnation. Horus the Younger represents a mix of Horus (order) a d Osiris, not simply Osiris. Right now beside this post I myself and just chilling and watching Netflix, purely Osirian through and through. Of course there's the obvious connection between Horus being a child, and the behavior of the western gods, western materialism and pseudo-skepticism, etc. What are your thoughts on these Forms? Is Horus the Younger or Osiris more like the Abrahamic gods and western anti-theistic ideologies? Perhaps most interestingly, how does this relate to Crowley's Horus?

Onyx

Premium Member
I see it very differently, the godz of Egypt were judged by the real one

facepalm.jpg

Premium Member
The ideology of the Aeon of Horus (the younger) is based around statements such as "every man and woman is a star." Crowley envisioned a universe of stars in perfect harmony, never colliding, never changing. Crowley and his religion of Horus sought/seek a kind of stagnation themselves, where they can be perfectly in tune with Order, and follow it unchangingly. Horus the Elder + Osiris.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The ideology of the Aeon of Horus (the younger) is based around statements such as "every man and woman is a star." Crowley envisioned a universe of stars in perfect harmony, never colliding, never changing. Crowley and his religion of Horus sought/seek a kind of stagnation themselves, where they can be perfectly in tune with Order, and follow it unchangingly. Horus the Elder + Osiris.

I don't view Horus or the principle of Osiris as necessarily stasis. Osiris, to me, is the principle of plateaus, those necessary times of rest and sinking within to gather renewed strength of being on the Path of Xeper. Of course, too much rest does lead to stagnation and the diminishing of the Black Flame.

Premium Member
I don't view Horus or the principle of Osiris as necessarily stasis. Osiris, to me, is the principle of plateaus, those necessary times of rest and sinking within to gather renewed strength of being on the Path of Xeper. Of course, too much rest does lead to stagnation and the diminishing of the Black Flame.

I agree with Osiris, which is why I don't see "Osirian" things to necessarily match with groups like Christianity.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I agree with Osiris, which is why I don't see "Osirian" things to necessarily match with groups like Christianity.

Christianity was created during the Aeon of Osiris, it is a faith-based religion that consists of white magic, a symbolic form of movement and change, though geared toward self-subjugation and doing "good" works to please only the will of God and Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Christianity was created during the Aeon of Osiris, it is a faith-based religion that consists of white magic, a symbolic form of movement and change, though geared toward self-subjugation and doing "good" works to please only the will of God and Jesus Christ.

I think this is easily equated with Horus the Younger. Look at the nature of Egyptian society and belief once the move away from early Setianism occurred.