• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oscar the Harbinger of Death

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
What do you guys think of this story?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070725/ap_on_fe_st/death_cat

In islam we believe that most if not all animals can see and sense the unseen. Meaning that animals can see the jinn, the angels, etc. So my guess is that the cat can simply see death, and that is why he is around the dying, and why his accuracy is so spot on. The angels that bring death linger with the dying, in my humble exeperiences with death. Always the dying understand they are dying and usually respond if they can to entities we cannot see. This leads me to believe that the angels are present and visible to the dying, and if the presence is strong enough the living percieve it without seeing. Just my two cents.

FatMan

That's an incredible story, but I just can't imagine how I'd feel about receiving a call that said "You should come be with your loved one, the Grim Furball just curled up next to them":cover:

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I don't doubt at all Oscar knows that they are going to die. We don't quite understand animals senses but they are the first to know about things like this... look how they clear out when a natural disaster is coming. Dogs are being used to "smell" cancer before doctors can find it. I have no doubt a cat can sense someone's final hours.

I've had dogs all my life. One was a Norwegian Elkhound named Louie. When I was a kid I had numerous surgeries and as soon as I came home from the hospital he would lay on the floor next to my bed and as soon as I wasn't in so much pain it would hurt he could climb on the bed and lay next to me. He refused to get up even to go outside or eat or drink unless he was forced to and he would prevent anyone but my mother, who he gave begrudging tolerance, to come near me.

Now my dog, a German Shepherd named Zahi, will come up to my room and lay against my back on nights when I am in incredible pain.

My horse Chala Chocka Khan, an American Wild Mustang, saved my life. (I adopted her after she had spent the first two years of her life with a feral mustang herd in the Nevada mountains and she accepted me in two days.) She was out in a pasture, pretty far away from the barn I was mucking out. Another horse, a very unpleasant one named Epona that I even had trouble with even though I'm considered a horse whisperer, came into the barn behind me. I didn't notice Epona until I looked up and Epona was in front of me, turning around to kick me with her back legs. I didn't even have enough time to scream. Chock came out of nowhere, ran between Epona and I, and kicked Epona to the ground. Chock then wrapped her neck around me, like a mother horse does with her filly, and guided me over to the gate where I could get out and recover. After she felt I was safe she than ran Epona out into the fields.

I have a cockatoo named Squishy. She's usually loud and rambunctious as a little kid, but when I'm not feeling well or upset she'll cuddle up to me and rub her face against mine and preen my hair with her beak- she's never this affectionate unless I'm not doing okay or she's around my SO who she is in love with.

I don't doubt for a moment animal's ability to comprehend and understand.