• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama bin Laden is dead!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If people vote for Obama because of this than my respect for fellow voters will dip into the negative. It's already at zero.
By 2012, this news will be as current as last week's haggis.
That's one reason I don't think there's any hoax....bad timing for real political gain.

gnomon

If I vote for Obama again, it won't be because our military finally got a hold of a guy they've been hunting since 2001.

If it could be shown that something Obama did, diplomatically or otherwise, helped to bring this about, then that would be a definite and deserved plus for him.

As commander in chief I'm sure Obama was brief on the intelligence and gave the go ahead. I seriously doubt any tactical planning on his part, however.

Do you excuse Bush's actions? Would you celebrate if someone were to assassinate him?

Do you always answer a question with a question?

Do I always respond to those questions with a question?

Will Luke defeat the Empire?

Chisti

As commander in chief I'm sure Obama was brief on the intelligence and gave the go ahead. I seriously doubt any tactical planning on his part, however.

Do you always answer a question with a question?

Do I always respond to those questions with a question?

Will Luke defeat the Empire?

Why are you evading the question?

A

angellous_evangellous

Exactly. He's an administrator.

But correctly interpreting and approving / disapproving actions is a significant part of this process.

Not to mention making sure the right people were doing the right jobs.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Get over it. The guy was not worse than any other politician round the corner. To call him 'evil' makes little sense, unless of course we call every politician evil.

Do you excuse Osama's actions based on the above statement?

Do you excuse Bush's actions? Would you celebrate if someone were to assassinate him?

You did not answer my question.

But to answer yours, no, I hold Bush fully responsible for mishandling the war in Afghanistan, and for starting an unnecessary way in Iraq.
Would I celebrate his assassination? No, but I would support a complete investigation into his actions, and a trial if evidence was found of war crimes.

Now, back to my question.

Do you excuse Osama's actions based on your "not worse than any other politician" statement?

gnomon

Exactly. He's an administrator.

But correctly interpreting and approving / disapproving actions is a significant part of this process.

Not to mention making sure the right people were doing the right jobs.

That's true. I'll give him credit for doing his job right in this instance.

But it's not enough for someone like me. A good start would be dropping Michele Leonhart out of the DEA and installing a more rational human being in that position. Seeing some of his promised change in domestic departments would be great.

I'll probably vote for him again anyway seeing what the other party has offered up so far. There are no third party candidates or independents to even appear to be worth notice at the moment.

Bismillah

Submit
Someone asked if all politicians are murderers to which I say only the important ones.

Someone asked if Osama's actions are excusable to which I say thousands of souls say no.

Someone said that they would not celebrate if Bush was assassinated, I wonder if they do not see the irony of the statement.

Someone said if Bush was found guilty of war crimes. We do know that he fabricated evidence and pushed for an illegal war, knowing his evidence was faulty, seems like the literal definition of war crime.

People will wonder why Osama's death will be lamented by some morally bankrupt people in the Muslim world, the answer to that is the double standards of justice and all her fury.

A

angellous_evangellous

That's true. I'll give him credit for doing his job right in this instance.

But it's not enough for someone like me. A good start would be dropping Michele Leonhart out of the DEA and installing a more rational human being in that position. Seeing some of his promised change in domestic departments would be great.

I'll probably vote for him again anyway seeing what the other party has offered up so far. There are no third party candidates or independents to even appear to be worth notice at the moment.

It's not enough for me, either.

And I think that it will destroy Obama if he pushes the Osama issue too much - or maybe even at all. It's just such a negative thing.

BUT, I don't care why people vote for Obama - I just hope to God we don't get a Republican in 2012.

A

angellous_evangellous

Someone asked if all politicians are murderers to which I say only the important ones.

Someone asked if Osama's actions are excusable to which I say thousands of souls say no.

Someone said that they would not celebrate if Bush was assassinated, I wonder if they do not see the irony of the statement.

Someone said if Bush was found guilty of war crimes. We do know that he fabricated evidence and pushed for an illegal war, knowing his evidence was faulty, seems like the literal definition of war crime.

People will wonder why Osama's death will be lamented by some morally bankrupt people in the Muslim world, the answer to that is the double standards of justice and all her fury.

The difference I think is that Osama is a rat and Bush is a fat cat.

RitalinO.D.

Get over it. The guy was not worse than any other politician round the corner. To call him 'evil' makes little sense, unless of course we call every politician evil.

Im sorry but you have a seriously sick view of the world.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
He wanted to be the modern caliph. At least he was as rich and militarily powerful as any caliph. In some ways, he achieved that stature. He was a hero to many Muslim youths all over the world and was treated like Saladin.

To compare this jerkoff to Sahaladin is ridiculous