• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama bin Laden is dead!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I honestly don't see what the hoopla is about. I thought this guy was dead months or years ago. Who knows - he may have been. There's no telling how the powers that be might spin a story once it's been confirmed that he's dead.

To even pretend that he's "the head of the snake" when it comes to radical Islam is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Yeah, I'm right there with you. If this happened 9 years ago, or maybe even 5 years ago, it could have been a big deal. But now it's just like "Oh, great, finally".

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Some 9/11 families have said this has given them a bit of peace. That, to me, is worth all the hoopla right there.

Chisti

How many politicians fly fully fueled planes into buildings for the sole, stated purpose of killing civilians.

To lump all politicians with Osama is perversely counter-intuitive.

They drop bombs, start illegal wars under false pretexts, kill civilians (and conveniently brush it aside as collateral damage). Yeah, you're right, they're so different from terrorists.:facepalm:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Right after 9/11, there was an attempt here to popularize the slogan, "United We Stand". That was fine with me, but that non-aligned slogan was soon replaced by the proselytizing, "God Bless America". I think that was my first hint they were about to take away rights (Patriot Act, etc) and needlessly invade other countries -- all the while not capturing or killing Osama Bin Laden -- for you know, when politicians talk of god, they mean mischief.

A

angellous_evangellous

They drop bombs, start illegal wars under false pretexts, kill civilians (and conveniently brush it aside as collateral damage). Yeah, you're right, they're so different from terrorists.:facepalm:

All of them?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Get over it. The guy was not worse than any other politician round the corner. To call him 'evil' makes little sense, unless of course we call every politician evil.
Do you excuse Osama's actions based on the above statement?

Yes Man

Premium Member
He deserves a second term anyway.

Killing Osama is one small part.
I could agree with you. Not attacking Obama, I just think this will be the icing on the cake for a lot of voters in 2012. At least, it'll come up in discussions a lot if it doesn't influence voters terribly.

A

angellous_evangellous

I could agree with you. Not attacking Obama, I just think this will be the icing on the cake for a lot of voters in 2012.

Unfortunately, people have short memories and a very tough time connecting the dots.

gnomon

If people vote for Obama because of this than my respect for fellow voters will dip into the negative. It's already at zero.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
If I vote for Obama again, it won't be because our military finally got a hold of a guy they've been hunting since 2001.

If it could be shown that something Obama did, diplomatically or otherwise, helped to bring this about, then that would be a definite and deserved plus for him.