• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama bin Laden is dead!

A

angellous_evangellous

Get over it. The guy was not worse than any other politician round the corner. To call him 'evil' makes little sense, unless of course we call every politician evil.

How many politicians fly fully fueled planes into buildings for the sole, stated purpose of killing civilians.

To lump all politicians with Osama is perversely counter-intuitive.

A

angellous_evangellous

I believe that congradulations is due the USA's armed forces and intelligence communities. Bravo and thanks.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
My question: how come it took the world's only remaining superpower a full decade to manage to hunt down a six-foot-six Saudi terrorist on permanent kidney dialysis?

This might've been more impressive five or seven or ten years ago, before we wasted uncounted billions and thousands of lives on a war that had nothing to do with this guy, and instead let the fight that actually did have something to do with this guy go to hell in a handbasket.

I'm just sayin'....
Because for 8 of those 10 years the Bush Admin wanted to stay in war mode.

A

angellous_evangellous

No we won't. ;)

You don't think that if he were alive, Osama would take the first chance he got to humiliate the USA with one of his famous videos?

And we know that some goofball in the armed forces would leak pictures of Osama if he were held captive.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Get over it. The guy was not worse than any other politician round the corner. To call him 'evil' makes little sense, unless of course we call every politician evil.

I like your sense of humor. So, if some politician kidnapped you and flew you screaming into a tall building, you would be the first to praise him for his "Gandhi-like" qualities? LOL!

gnomon

From what I heard this morning the Navy SEALS asked him to surrender and bin Laden refused. It was then charged to one SEAL to essentially execute him.

I still don't understand dumping the whole body thing. Just thinking back on American history notorious criminals were often exhibited in state as proof. You think someone of this notorious caliber wouldn't have been what.......kicked out of a helicopter over the ocean? Not sure exactly how the body was disposed of.

Apparently an al-qaeda statement confirms the death of bin Laden but still.

What worries me is given the fact of the U.S. history with the ISI in Afghanistan and the fact that we trained up bin Laden and others like him combined with the imbecilic manner in which the US conducted itself post 9/11, two unnecessary wars, and that there are more calls for the US to get involved with fracturing Arab states............

Have we learned anything yet?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What worries me is given the fact of the U.S. history with the ISI in Afghanistan and the fact that we trained up bin Laden and others like him combined with the imbecilic manner in which the US conducted itself post 9/11, two unnecessary wars, and that there are more calls for the US to get involved with fracturing Arab states............

Have we learned anything yet?
History teaches that history teaches us nothing.