• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orthodox Christians?

No*s

Captain Obvious
Basil said:
Are there any Orthodox Christians in this forum?

Yes, there are :).

I'm in the process of converting, and it's a somewhat difficult process, but a steady one.

Given Joannicius' statement, are you a bishop?

Basil

Hello, everyone!

No, I'm far from being a bishop, but I am in Bishop Basil of Wichita's archdiocese.

I'm 32. I was received into the Church 10 years ago as of this upcoming Holy Saturday. At the time of my conversion I was attending a charismatic university, studying to be a pastor, but began looking for the truth after taking a church history course and meeting another dear friend who was disenchanted with the charismatic movement. We were both ready to begin our search together, first exploring the Catholic Church and the Episcopal Churches before stumbling on Orthodoxy. We went to an inquirerer class and immediately we were drawn to Orthodoxy, believing it to the the True Faith passed down by Christ.

I am married. My wife converted last year from her Baptist background to Orthodoxy. We have 2 children, Anna and Elijah, and one more due in June.

That's my story in brief. Thanks for the welcome.

Basil

Joannicius

No*s said:
Yes, there are :).

I'm in the process of converting, and it's a somewhat difficult process, but a steady one.

Given Joannicius' statement, are you a bishop?
It seems to me that Orthodoxy isn't meant to ever be easy, but quite rewarding in this life and beyond. I think you have that, No*s

katherine2001

I am Orthodox. I converted from Baptist. It will be 4 years on Holy Saturday since my chrismation.

It isn't an easy process becoming Orthodox, and once you become Orthodox, the journey gets more difficult, but it is worth the difficulty.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Basil said:
Hello, everyone!

No, I'm far from being a bishop, but I am in Bishop Basil of Wichita's archdiocese.

I'm 32. I was received into the Church 10 years ago as of this upcoming Holy Saturday. At the time of my conversion I was attending a charismatic university, studying to be a pastor, but began looking for the truth after taking a church history course and meeting another dear friend who was disenchanted with the charismatic movement. We were both ready to begin our search together, first exploring the Catholic Church and the Episcopal Churches before stumbling on Orthodoxy. We went to an inquirerer class and immediately we were drawn to Orthodoxy, believing it to the the True Faith passed down by Christ.

I am married. My wife converted last year from her Baptist background to Orthodoxy. We have 2 children, Anna and Elijah, and one more due in June.

That's my story in brief. Thanks for the welcome.

Basil

Welcome :D. And I'm quite glad to have you on the forums.

No*s

Captain Obvious
katherine2001 said:
I am Orthodox. I converted from Baptist. It will be 4 years on Holy Saturday since my chrismation.

It isn't an easy process becoming Orthodox, and once you become Orthodox, the journey gets more difficult, but it is worth the difficulty.

Greetings Katherine and welcome to the forums. I, also, am a former Baptist :).

Matrona

Hi everyone! I recognize a couple of you! :)

I'm an Orthodox convert--this Holy Saturday, it'll be two years since I joined the Orthodox Church.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I'm beginning to think this is the official Orthodox welcome thread. Three new people in under 24 hours :D.

No*s

Captain Obvious
Welcome :).

It's good to see more Orthodox Christians on here. For a while I was the only one, and I'm hardly a good representitive.

Rex

Founder
No*s said:
Welcome :).

It's good to see more Orthodox Christians on here. For a while I was the only one, and I'm hardly a good representitive.
I think you have done a great job!

And welcome all new comers!

No*s

Captain Obvious
Rex_Admin said:
I think you have done a great job!

Thank you :eek:.

I often worry, because I'm not that experienced. I may have it right in the head...but the heart is not yet conformed.

Rex_Admin said:
And welcome all new comers!

Your forum continues to hop...and largely thanks to your, and the moderators', hard work.

Joannicius

Wow,.............welcome Matrona and K2001

It's good to have you with us, we needed more fellowship here.​

Tell us a little more about yourselves and about your conversions.

I love to here others tell of the beauty we've found.

____________________________________________​

I can't help but disagree with you Rex, No*s has done a terribly wonderful job.​
:jam: (can you put him on the payroll?) ;)