• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Sin?

rosends

Sure:
(Genesis 3:3) . . .God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’”
(Genesis 3:6) . . .So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward, she also gave some to her husband when he was with her, and he began eating it.

The Bible in referring to that act states:
(Romans 5:12) . . .through one man sin entered into the world

Thanks for asking
I don't see the word "sin" in the Genesis verses. Why not call it "crime"? The Hebrew text has a variety of words that are translated as "sin" and yet none appears in these verses. If their action was a sin, why wouldn't it be labeled as such?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Two questions...

Does Judaism include the theology of Original Sin?

And,

Prior to Paul, Where is the concept of Original Sin discussed in the Bible?
Moses did not present any concept of Original Sin. It is, I understand, one of the the collective productions of the Anti-Christ/Dajjal i.e., Paul, his associates, the Christianity Church
and Missionaries/Priesthood of Christendom, to deviate from the reasonable teachings of innocent Jesus, please. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
That's what you got? Okay.
At least you got something. That's important.
If we go through life, not getting anything, then I don't see how we could be considered living.

Sounds like it's a puppet you are describing, and everyone is pulling the strings.
By now, I would think it would be torn to bits, if that were the case. Not being translated into more languages, than it already is.
View attachment 46337

Seems to me, it's speaking to the hears of billions, and millions are understanding the one pure language it speaks.
What could possibly account for that.
Yet, I understand, it does not contain the true teachings of Jesus and or Moses rather it propagates the teaching of the Anti-Christ* or Dajjal in the world, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes. The Bible is the most read book.
Even if only a small portion is read. Even Atheists, agnostics, yes, skeptics read it to come on forums like these. :D
Quran is the most read and memorized book in the world, I figure. Right, please?
Regards
  3. Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-tung, Mao Zedong – 800m
  4. Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes – 500m
  5. Harry Potter series, JK Rowling – 450m
  6. A Tale Of Two Cities, Charles Dickens – 200m
  7. The Lord Of The Rings, JRR Tolkien – 150m
  8. Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – 140m
  9. Alice In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll – 100m
  10. Dream Of The Red Chamber, Cao Xueqin – 100m
  11. And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie – 100m
  12. The Hobbit, JRR Tolkein – 100m
  13. She: A History Of Adventure, H.Rider Haggard – 83m
  14. The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, CS Lewis – 85m
  15. The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown – 80m
  16. The Catcher In The Rye, JD Salinger – 65m
  17. The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle – 60m
  18. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, Jules Verne, 60m
  19. Millennium Trilogy, Stieg Larsson – 50m
  20. Watership Down, Richard Adams – 50m
  21. Odyssey, Homer – 45m
  22. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Eric Carle – 30m
  23. To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee – 30m
  24. Gone With The Wind, Margaret Mitchell – 30m
  25. Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell – 25m
  26. The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald – 25m
  27. The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain – 20m
  28. Anderson’s Fairy Tales, Hans Christian Anderson – 20m
  29. Pride And Prejudice, Jane Austen – 20m
  30. Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe – 9m
The most popular book of all time isn't Harry Potter
Read more: The most popular book of all time isn't Harry Potter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: Log into Facebook

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, you said earlier (which is why I begain this digression), "Seems to me, it's speaking to the hears of billions, and millions are understanding the one pure language it speaks."

But in my view, if they're all understanding "the one pure language," they wouldn't have spent a couple of thousand years developing hundreds of sects and killing each other for being heretics.

Nor could possible, in their millions, fall so abysmally short of understanding Christ's message, and in their misunderstanding, sinning by hurting so many.
to further one's point, who has taken data from the hearts to make the claim as our friend @nPeace has claimed? It must be as I understand a sheer conjecture of our friend @nPeace , I understand.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sure:
(Genesis 3:3) . . .God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’”
(Genesis 3:6) . . .So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward, she also gave some to her husband when he was with her, and he began eating it.

Thanks for asking
I understand, the writer of Romans is a sinner to make such a claim, please.
Jesus never made such a claim of original sin, I figure, please. Right friend, please?
Innocent Jesus himself said that he was Son of Adam/Man, did Jesus mean that he himself was a sinner, please? Right friend, please?

Regards

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Quran is the most read and memorized book in the world, I figure. Right, please?
Regards
  3. Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse-tung, Mao Zedong – 800m
  4. Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes – 500m
  5. Harry Potter series, JK Rowling – 450m
  6. A Tale Of Two Cities, Charles Dickens – 200m
  7. The Lord Of The Rings, JRR Tolkien – 150m
  8. Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – 140m
  9. Alice In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll – 100m
  10. Dream Of The Red Chamber, Cao Xueqin – 100m
  11. And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie – 100m
  12. The Hobbit, JRR Tolkein – 100m
  13. She: A History Of Adventure, H.Rider Haggard – 83m
  14. The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, CS Lewis – 85m
  15. The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown – 80m
  16. The Catcher In The Rye, JD Salinger – 65m
  17. The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle – 60m
  18. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, Jules Verne, 60m
  19. Millennium Trilogy, Stieg Larsson – 50m
  20. Watership Down, Richard Adams – 50m
  21. Odyssey, Homer – 45m
  22. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Eric Carle – 30m
  23. To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee – 30m
  24. Gone With The Wind, Margaret Mitchell – 30m
  25. Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell – 25m
  26. The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald – 25m
  27. The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain – 20m
  28. Anderson’s Fairy Tales, Hans Christian Anderson – 20m
  29. Pride And Prejudice, Jane Austen – 20m
  30. Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe – 9m
The most popular book of all time isn't Harry Potter
Read more: The most popular book of all time isn't Harry Potter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: Log into Facebook
I wonder how different your numbers would be if you did not limit the Bible to one version.
Did they make the same edit for the Koran?

capumetu

I don't see the word "sin" in the Genesis verses. Why not call it "crime"? The Hebrew text has a variety of words that are translated as "sin" and yet none appears in these verses. If their action was a sin, why wouldn't it be labeled as such?

Again: (Genesis 3:3) . . .God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’”

capumetu

Please quote the verses.

Regards
Sure:
(Genesis 3:1-13) . . .Now the serpent was the most cautious of all the wild animals of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it said to the woman: “Did God really say that you must not eat from every tree of the garden?” 2 At this the woman said to the serpent: “We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden. 3 But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’” 4 At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.” 6 Consequently, the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something desirable to the eyes, yes, the tree was pleasing to look at. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward, she also gave some to her husband when he was with her, and he began eating it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized that they were naked. So they sewed fig leaves together and made loin coverings for themselves. 8 Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden. 9 And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: “Where are you?” 10 Finally he said: “I heard your voice in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid myself.” 11 At that he said: “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree from which I commanded you not to eat?” 12 The man said: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, so I ate.” 13 Jehovah God then said to the woman: “What is this you have done?” The woman replied: “The serpent deceived me, so I ate.”

capumetu

I understand, the writer of Romans is a sinner to make such a claim, please.
Jesus never made such a claim of original sin, I figure, please. Right friend, please?
Innocent Jesus himself said that he was Son of Adam/Man, did Jesus mean that he himself was a sinner, please? Right friend, please?

Regards

Jesus was the son of Jehovah and Mary. He died sinless. It is true that he was a descendant of Adam, through his mother Mary.

rosends

Again: (Genesis 3:3) . . .God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’”

Again -- there is no mention of "sin" in the Genesis verses. A quote from a separate book labels it sin.

capumetu

Again -- there is no mention of "sin" in the Genesis verses. A quote from a separate book labels it sin.

Yes sir you are correct, the Bible clarified it as being a sin, first one as a matter of fact. If you desire to call it a crime, so be it, as that is exactly what sin is, a violation of God's law.

rosends

Yes sir you are correct, the Bible clarified it as being a sin, first one as a matter of fact. If you desire to call it a crime, so be it, as that is exactly what sin is, a violation of God's law.
But sin is biblically labeled as sin. This act is conspicuously not. There are chapters and chapters of things that qualify as sin and yet there is no word here labeling this act as ANYTHING. Why would there be a decision later to give it a name? Was God incapable of doing so at the time?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Sure:
(Genesis 3:1-13) . . .Now the serpent was the most cautious of all the wild animals of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it said to the woman: “Did God really say that you must not eat from every tree of the garden?” 2 At this the woman said to the serpent: “We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden. 3 But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden: ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die.’” 4 At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.” 6 Consequently, the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something desirable to the eyes, yes, the tree was pleasing to look at. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward, she also gave some to her husband when he was with her, and he began eating it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized that they were naked. So they sewed fig leaves together and made loin coverings for themselves. 8 Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden. 9 And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: “Where are you?” 10 Finally he said: “I heard your voice in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid myself.” 11 At that he said: “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree from which I commanded you not to eat?” 12 The man said: “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, so I ate.” 13 Jehovah God then said to the woman: “What is this you have done?” The woman replied: “The serpent deceived me, so I ate.”
There is no mention of sin in it, please, Right friend, please?
Who is the narrator of this narration, please, name him for us, please?

Regards