• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

original Satanic/Luciferian sigils/symbols

Yadon

The inverted cross, the inverted pentagram, the sulphur symbol, 666/616 ect aside?

This is the only symbol I now of that is any more original: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Sigil_of_Lucifer.svg

It was in a grimoire from x hundred years ago to represent Lucifer.

What I am talking about is origin-al ones as in new ones, not re purposed ones like Saint Peter's Cross or the inverted pentagram, but new ones made specifically for Satanism and Luciferianism.

Do you know of any?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
The inverted cross, the inverted pentagram, the sulphur symbol, 666/616 ect aside?

This is the only symbol I now of that is any more original: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Sigil_of_Lucifer.svg

It was in a grimoire from x hundred years ago to represent Lucifer.

What I am talking about is origin-al ones as in new ones, not re purposed ones like Saint Peter's Cross or the inverted pentagram, but new ones made specifically for Satanism and Luciferianism.

Do you know of any?

That symbol doesn't have much importance to all Luciferians or Satanists (to some it may), it is more relevant to Thelema.

Not sure if there are any original ones that are official to either of them. But I've seen plenty that were fanmade.

Yadon

That symbol doesn't have much importance to all Luciferians or Satanists (to some it may), it is more relevant to Thelema.

Not sure if there are any original ones that are official to either of them. But I've seen plenty that were fanmade.

I'm not aware of Thelema being influenced by the Grimorium Verum.

I'd imagine someone somewhere has made a sigil or symbol to represent Satanism that wasn't repurposed. Though I'm not surprised that I don't see a lot of that, sadly to say people are not that creative in general. Satanists and Luciferians are no exception.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'm not aware of Thelema being influenced by the Grimorium Verum.

I'd imagine someone somewhere has made a sigil or symbol to represent Satanism that wasn't repurposed. Though I'm not surprised that I don't see a lot of that, sadly to say people are not that creative in general. Satanists and Luciferians are no exception.

People are creative in their own ways, as I see it.

But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) it has mostly to do with symbols that can be related with. Many people would see an inverted pentagram as something dark, and also considerably bad. And the use of symbols has more to do with triggering the mind's thinking with somewhat recognizable symbols, sort of like subliminal messages.

Yadon

People are creative in their own ways, as I see it.

But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) it has mostly to do with symbols that can be related with. Many people would see an inverted pentagram as something dark, and also considerably bad. And the use of symbols has more to do with triggering the mind's thinking with somewhat recognizable symbols, sort of like subliminal messages.

If you care about what others think or want them to recognize the symbol, then it makes perfect sense to borrow symbolism from somewhere else or to use the common symbols.

Erebus

While not necessarily Satanic/Luciferian there are a lot of sigils used in Demonolatry, both the goetic versions and the more modern ones:

untitled.JPG

Goetic_Sigils_by_TheSoulCaptor.jpg

Plenty to choose from there and they are by no means the only ones around. Since practitioners are encouraged to discover things for themselves there are a lot of other sigils floating around out there.

Yadon

Thank you Gjallarhorn and Shyanekh that is the kind of thing I was hoping to find. I guess I just didn't consider demonoltry as I don't usually associate it with Satanism.

Erebus

Thank you Gjallarhorn and Shyanekh that is the kind of thing I was hoping to find. I guess I just didn't consider demonoltry as I don't usually associate it with Satanism.

No problem :)

Yeah Demonolatry's an odd duck, some lean more towards theistic/symbolic Satanism, others lean more towards Paganism.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
From what I gathered the OP is asking for New Original symbols
"What I am talking about is origin-al ones as in new ones"

Yadon

From what I gathered the OP is asking for New Original symbols
"What I am talking about is origin-al ones as in new ones"

Old ones work too, so long as they are not ones "stolen" so to speak from other religions. I was curious if there was any out there that were actually used. The most common (about the only) one I've ever seen was the Luciferian sigil I gave in my first post.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
The Grimorium Verum sigil shown in the OP is only a part of the whole Lucifer sigil
Lucifer%20sigil%20characters.jpg