• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Quran

nutshell

The original Qu'ran was a collection of the prophet Muhammad's teachings that was put together by those closest to him after his death. It was in Arabic and was intended to stay forever that way, but the Turkish-Ottoman empire had it translated into Turkish to make it more accessible.

Radar

nutshell said:
The original Qu'ran was a collection of the prophet Muhammad's teachings that was put together by those closest to him after his death. It was in Arabic and was intended to stay forever that way, but the Turkish-Ottoman empire had it translated into Turkish to make it more accessible.
OK you are misreading what I worte. I know what the quran is and how it came together. I am looking for a location of the original. Muslim's claim it exist, if so where is it?

nutshell

Ah, well in that case it's probably buried somewhere in Mecca or Medina, but a Muslim would know better than me.

Radar

nutshell said:
Ah, well in that case it's probably buried somewhere in Mecca or Medina, but a Muslim would know better than me.
No, they wouldn't and you will see.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Radar said:
Where is the original quran? Does anyone know? Let's see what people come up with.
first of all what do you mean by where?

nowdays, it's everywhere all over the world.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Radar said:
No, they wouldn't and you will see.
Ahem; you sound like you :-
a) Know something that we don't
b) Are pretty sure we won't find the answer, because a simple yahoo search on :Where is the original quran kept gives quite a few websites.......:p

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Radar said:
Where is the original quran? Does anyone know? Let's see what people come up with.
As Muslims we didn't used to such a question.:D I will tell you why.

Since the revelation of the Quran to Mohammed (PBUH), there have been generations coming one after another, reciting the Book of Allaah and studying it, memorizing it and writing it down. They have not omitted a single letter, and no one can change even the vowel point of a single letter. Writing is just one means of preserving it; basically it is preserved in their hearts.

If you read any verse of the Qur’aan, then you go to America or Asia or the jungles of Africa, or to the deserts of Arabia or any place where there are Muslims, you will find that all of them have the exact same verse, memorized by heart or in their books; not a single letter of it will have been altered.

anyway, I'll help you with some usefull websites.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/compilationbrief.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran#Origin_and_development_of_the_Qur.27an

Radar

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Radar said:
So there is no original quran. Not even the scripts that it was originally compiled from. We do know that early copies did not use vowing or dotting. All I am saying without the original who knows what has been changed, omitted, or added. Here are couple of websites that may help.
http://www.sspx.ca/Angelus/2001_October/Understanding_Islam.htm
http://www.sspxafrica.com/documents/2001_August/Understanding_Islam.htm
http://answering-islam.org.uk/Books/Goldsack/Readings/chap5.htm
Ohh Radar, After all this time in my life wondering why most of non-Muslims are seeing Islam as a false and unlogic religion. I thought it was about the dogma itself but it turn out that it's because the misconception people got based in false assumption and information.

Just now i understand from where do you came with these claims from the time to another.

I feel sorry if all people were depending in these websites and similar websites to it because the first two links are full of totally wrong information about Islam. The third link was like a surprise for me because people in charge of that website made alot of mistakes and they mentioned a person as a quit famous scholar in islam but i never heard of him before but that doesn't matter now.

Because my first language is Arabic so the first thing i put my eyes on was the translation of the word ( من ) as ( man ) in the begining of the third link you gave to me which is wrong because we spell this arabic word as you spell ( man ) in english but it's meaning is different.

( man ) in arabic means (رجل) BUT ( من ) means ( whom ) in english which is the same as ( الذين ).

Actually, that website was so long and so wrong and i'm ready to correct the information in all these three websites if you are interested whether it talks about Quran our topic or about Islam in general because i can't except them as valid sources to discuss about Quran this way.

Radar

That's all well and good but you cannot tell me where the original quran is or the pages that it was compiled from. The bible at least has the dead sea scrolls, but the quran has nothing.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Radar said:
That's all well and good but you cannot tell me where the original quran is or the pages that it was compiled from. The bible at least has the dead sea scrolls, but the quran has nothing.
Dear Radar, you can't compare between the bible and Quran.

Quran was an Oral revealation but the bible according to a lecture i attended by a Christian proffesor was inspired by the holy spirit letter by letter and dot by dot.

The bible is a translation for the original Injeel and a collection of letters by the diciples and the other unknown writers.

Now let's have a deal, If you want to compare between Quran and the bible so i don't mind but don't ignore facts i bring about the bible which you will not like. Nevertheless, If you want to discuss about Quran according to how muslims see it supporting it by VALID sources so i don't mind too. However, If you have a speicfic facts about Quran which i don't know so please forward it to me supporting it with a VALID sources not false one.

Radar

I could care less what you say about the bible or the quran. I believe both are books of man, both have contradictions, both hold no truth and neither can be verified. I believe that both are books that were collected from stories that were passed down and then at one point compiled into a book.

Now as far what sources you would except as a reference I am sure that they would all have to favor islam and find no fault with it. I think that would be onesided and dishonest. We should try to be objectional. But I know that is a hard thing to achieve when we are discussing religion and people hold their convictions near and dear to their hearts. Validity can be subjectional. What I see as valid, you may not. So you tell me what is a valid source? I will probably say that it is not or that it is onesided. So we must take on all sources to have valid and truthful debate.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Radar said:
I could care less what you say about the bible or the quran. I believe both are books of man, both have contradictions, both hold no truth and neither can be verified. I believe that both are books that were collected from stories that were passed down and then at one point compiled into a book.

Now as far what sources you would except as a reference I am sure that they would all have to favor islam and find no fault with it. I think that would be onesided and dishonest. We should try to be objectional. But I know that is a hard thing to achieve when we are discussing religion and people hold their convictions near and dear to their hearts. Validity can be subjectional. What I see as valid, you may not. So you tell me what is a valid source? I will probably say that it is not or that it is onesided. So we must take on all sources to have valid and truthful debate.
I hate to say it guys, but you are not going to succeed. Many have tried it before you - and there are sites on the Web that offer arguments for and against Biblical interpretations. Bsides, radar, as you have said yourself, you each have personal goal.;)

Radar

michel said:
I hate to say it guys, but you are not going to succeed. Many have tried it before you - and there are sites on the Web that offer arguments for and against Biblical interpretations. Bsides, radar, as you have said yourself, you each have personal goal.;)
My only goal is to stir the pot ;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ah, well remember the old saying; 'He who stirs the pot had better be a good cook';)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Radar said:

ok just don't give me many websites full of logical mistakes about islam but if you insist so give me things and we can discuss about it point by point if you wish.;)

Merlin

The Truth said:
As Muslims we didn't used to such a question.:D I will tell you why.

Since the revelation of the Quran to Mohammed (PBUH), there have been generations coming one after another, reciting the Book of Allaah and studying it, memorizing it and writing it down. They have not omitted a single letter, and no one can change even the vowel point of a single letter. Writing is just one means of preserving it; basically it is preserved in their hearts.

If you read any verse of the Qur’aan, then you go to America or Asia or the jungles of Africa, or to the deserts of Arabia or any place where there are Muslims, you will find that all of them have the exact same verse, memorized by heart or in their books; not a single letter of it will have been altered.

anyway, I'll help you with some usefull websites.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/compilationbrief.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran#Origin_and_development_of_the_Qur.27an
It is a legitimate question. All you know is that you are all learning the current Qu'ran. You do not actually know if it is the original one unless there is the actual original manuscript to compare to. As it was written about 600 AD, there is no reason why the document should not exist. There are many documents older than that which exist. People could hardly claim not to realise it was important, so one would assume the original would be preserved.

So the question is, where is it.