• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bashing them could not and did not alter anything.
Sure it did, wasnt any need for sacrifices after He was crucified as the veil of the Temple was torn and now anyone could enter God’s presence through Jesus after He rose from the dead. That’s what Acts shows.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The Gospel is this: That Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures.
This is the Gospel message that hasn’t change

I would have thought that all four actual gospels would have agreed on those points, but they don't.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You make it seem like Hebrew Scriptures aren’t available and believers don’t search out the scriptures or the original language. Satan is described pretty well in the Bible

There is a metamorphosis of Satan/Lucifer/Adversary through scripture, as there is about El/Yahweh/Jehovah.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You’re assumption is that they were honest, they weren’t and that’s why they were called den of thieves and robbers. See you don’t know and The Son has the authority, it’s the Father’s house and his, which you continue to ignore. The merchants were thieves and robbers. Can’t you see that?
It sure did change things, people got healed.
So you agree that Jesus was wrong, and should have pursued any complaint he had with the Temple authorities, not the traders.

Just so. Not very bright, that boy.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sure it did, wasnt any need for sacrifices after He was crucified as the veil of the Temple was torn and now anyone could enter God’s presence through Jesus after He rose from the dead. That’s what Acts shows.
But of course his crucifixion was an engineered suicide, and death, as he stated from the start, was the point of his mission and ministry. That's why he made no attempt to escape.

As for rising from the dead, well, there are six accounts of it in the NT: none is by an eyewitness, none is within 20 years of the traditional date of the crucifixion ─ the first with any details, Mark, is 45 years or so down the track ─ and there's no independent mention of it. Oh, and each of the six accounts contradicts the other five on major points. In short, it's a forensic trainwreck. But of course nothing that faith can't fix.

There is a metamorphosis of Satan/Lucifer/Adversary through scripture, as there is about El/Yahweh/Jehovah.
It’s called Progressive Revelation, do you know what that means?
“Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:10-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬
God doesn’t reveal everything at once, the story unfolds, He continues to reveal more and more
as time goes on. Probably should be getting ready
for Jesus to return.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now you’re going mad and can’t read saying I agree. I have a recommendation, read the Bible for yourself.
Funny, I was about to suggest you read the bible again, this time with your eyes open and dealing with it as a set of ancient documents to be examined by reasoned enquiry. But I accept that you, as a believer, won't wish to do that.

Funny, I was about to suggest you read the bible again, this time with your eyes open and dealing with it as a set of ancient documents to be examined by reasoned enquiry. But I accept that you, as a believer, won't wish to do that.
The money changers were cheating people bro.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The money changers were cheating people bro.
Bashing them could accomplish nothing and was a foolish act of gratuitous violence. Jesus should have been entering into discussions with the Temple authorities.

Unless of course, he was just putting on a meaningless but sensational show and wasn't serious about wanting to change anything.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It’s called Progressive Revelation, do you know what that means?
I know what it means because it is the core teaching of my religion.

Progressive revelation is a core teaching in the Baháʼí Faith that suggests that religious truth is revealed by God progressively and cyclically over time through a series of divine Messengers, and that the teachings are tailored to suit the needs of the time and place of their appearance.[1][2] Thus, the Baháʼí teachings recognize the divine origin of several world religions as different stages in the history of one religion, while believing that the revelation of Baháʼu'lláh is the most recent (though not the last—that there will never be a last), and therefore the most relevant to modern society.[1]

Progressive revelation (Baháʼí) - Wikipedia

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Throughout the ages, God has sent Divine Messengers known as Manifestations of God—among them Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus Christ, Muhammad, and, in more recent times, the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh—to cultivate humanity’s spiritual, intellectual and moral capacities. Following the coming of a Manifestation of God extraordinary progress occurs in the world. Reaching to the roots of human motivation, His teachings awaken in whole populations capacities to contribute to the advancement of civilization to an extent never before possible.

Today, we find ourselves at the threshold of the coming of age of the human race. Passing through different stages, we have collectively traversed our infancy and childhood. Around the world, human society is being reshaped, and the ultimate trend is clear: we are witnessing nothing less than the organization of human society as a planetary civilization.

Revelation

Bashing them could accomplish nothing and was a foolish act of gratuitous violence. Jesus should have been entering into discussions with the Temple authorities.

Unless of course, he was just putting on a meaningless but sensational show and wasn't serious about wanting to change anything.
He sure did change things then and still is today. Have a good one bro. I see Leader and King kicking out the opportunist and thieves in the temple taking advantage of people.

I know what it means because it is the core teaching of my religion.

Progressive revelation is a core teaching in the Baháʼí Faith that suggests that religious truth is revealed by God progressively and cyclically over time through a series of divine Messengers, and that the teachings are tailored to suit the needs of the time and place of their appearance.[1][2] Thus, the Baháʼí teachings recognize the divine origin of several world religions as different stages in the history of one religion, while believing that the revelation of Baháʼu'lláh is the most recent (though not the last—that there will never be a last), and therefore the most relevant to modern society.[1]

Progressive revelation (Baháʼí) - Wikipedia

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Throughout the ages, God has sent Divine Messengers known as Manifestations of God—among them Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus Christ, Muhammad, and, in more recent times, the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh—to cultivate humanity’s spiritual, intellectual and moral capacities. Following the coming of a Manifestation of God extraordinary progress occurs in the world. Reaching to the roots of human motivation, His teachings awaken in whole populations capacities to contribute to the advancement of civilization to an extent never before possible.

Today, we find ourselves at the threshold of the coming of age of the human race. Passing through different stages, we have collectively traversed our infancy and childhood. Around the world, human society is being reshaped, and the ultimate trend is clear: we are witnessing nothing less than the organization of human society as a planetary civilization.

Revelation
What you describe in unscriptural progressive revelation

But of course his crucifixion was an engineered suicide, and death, as he stated from the start, was the point of his mission and ministry. That's why he made no attempt to escape.

As for rising from the dead, well, there are six accounts of it in the NT: none is by an eyewitness, none is within 20 years of the traditional date of the crucifixion ─ the first with any details, Mark, is 45 years or so down the track ─ and there's no independent mention of it. Oh, and each of the six accounts contradicts the other five on major points. In short, it's a forensic trainwreck. But of course nothing that faith can't fix.

“For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:3-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬
You’re mistaken there too, a lot of eyewitnesses