• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A true statement because you left out all the verses that explain Jesus being God.
By all means quote Jesus saying "I am God".

I've quoted you an incomplete sample of Jesus saying "I am not God." Did you actually try to digest what they say?

And you seem to overlook that Jesus didn't obtain God status till the fourth century CE with the invention of the Trinity doctrine.

Why is it that Christians seeking to affirm the Trinity doctrine (which anyway is incoherent) never mention the verses I've quoted? It seems a dishonest way to proceed.
“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.” Colossians‬ ‭1:15-20‬ ‭ESV‬‬
Sure, but nowhere does that say "Jesus is God" and as I quoted you, Paul says Jesus is "Lord" as distinct from "God" (and in Paul and John but not in Mark, Matthew or Luke) dwelt in heaven with God and created the material universe in the role of the gnostic demiurge.
‭‭
You’re missing His whole mission
You're saying his entire mission was a thick and constant skein of lies about his actual identity. I'd expect a righteous god to have better morals than that.
What’s plain to see is that Jesus Christ isn’t the Father but the Son. That He was not only The Son of God but the Son of Man. That He is God and who became a man. What the Bible describes is the Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That Jesus Christ who was at the beginning and created everything became a man, died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose the 3rd day according to the Scriptures.
What do you think these verses, which I quoted earlier, mean?

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Philippians 2:11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Luke 18:18 And a ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known.

John 17:3 “And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

John 20:17 “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”
Just tricks, just lies and deceits, you say?

Luke 18:18 And a ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.
So was Jesus good? Yes, He is perfect, never sinned and no deceit found in His mouth. That’s what He was saying, I am God in the flesh
Was Jesus worshipped? Yes
Can a mere man be the exact representation of God the Father? No, but Jesus is the image of the invisible God who said If you’ve seen Him you’ve seen the Father.

“And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:17-20‬ ‭ESV‬‬

All authority is given to Jesus Christ, a mere man? No, God the Son!

Last edited:
“Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭ESV‬‬

So to those who continuously try to marginalize Jesus Christ because He did this for us…I would hope you would rethink your views.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So was Jesus good? Yes, He is perfect, never sinned and no deceit found in His mouth. That’s what He was saying, I am God in the flesh
No. You're trying to impose your own wishes on a text that says nothing of the kind. Read it again: Jesus says that no one is good but God alone therefore don't call me good. Nowhere in the NT does it say Jesus is "perfect". And his unprovoked attack on the traders in the Temple going about their lawful business was exactly that, and not the act of a good person. If he had any argument with the Temple's practices, he should have taken them up with the Temple's administration instead of resorting to arbitrary violence.
Was Jesus worshipped? Yes
Was Elvis worshiped? Yes.
Can a mere man be the exact representation of God the Father?
Quote me the part where Jesus claims to be a representation of God. You'll find instead he merely claims to be a representative of God.
“And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.””
Who do you think gave it to him? His boss, that's who.

Nowhere in the NT does it say Jesus is "perfect".
“(for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”), by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7:21-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Which verse are you referring to where Jesus says "I am God in the flesh"?
Jesus didn’t say those exact words. He demonstrated and said it in different ways like this:
“Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.””
‭‭John‬ ‭10:25-33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple,”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:54-59‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
In the vein of Biblical construction, you'd do better to quote verses from Bibles far earlier than the King James Version, which is notorious for being more of a political translation (all approved by King James) than a faithful translation of scripture.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Certainly not a bible written in 1611 as a political gambit to broker peace between waring sects of Christianity in England, relying on inaccurate and back-translated Greek manuscripts that the scholars were not familiar with, and introducing over 100,000 altered words and phrases.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
“(for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”), by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing. But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭7:21-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
I repeat. the NT does not attribute 'perfection' to Jesus. And the conduct attributed to Jesus regarding the moneychangers at the Temple is simply bad conduct. and as I said, wholly misdirected ─ if Jesus didn't like the role played by the moneychangers, his argument was with the Temple authorities, not with the moneychangers they had licensed.

Certainly not a bible written in 1611 as a political gambit to broker peace between waring sects of Christianity in England, relying on inaccurate and back-translated Greek manuscripts that the scholars were not familiar with, and introducing over 100,000 altered words and phrases.
You’ll have to pick your translation because the other translations communicate and are translated the same for those verses at least the multiple that I looked at whether the Geneva Bible or others.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
If all the other translations "communicate", and are translated the same, then why do so many of the 42,000+ versions of the bible differ? Especially the KJV?

I repeat. the NT does not attribute 'perfection' to Jesus. And the conduct attributed to Jesus regarding the moneychangers at the Temple is simply bad conduct. and as I said, wholly midirected ─ if Jesus didn't like the role played by the moneychangers, his argument was with the Temple authorities, not with the moneychangers they had licensed.
That’s just your opinion. Obviously Jesus the Son of God did have that authority.
“Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ” Then the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them. But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise’?””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭21:12-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬