• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of life

King Phenomenon

"Scientists are not close to knowing the exact processes that took place on the earth which led to the origins of life. They may never know the exact answer because the evidence for this very primitive life has probably been destroyed by the more efficient life which evolved from it."

Does anyone know of any theories as to why they don't know, or a way that could explain this in a little bit more detail?

I read that scientists theorize that RNA came before DNA. I couldn't find anything Theorizing what came before RNA. Does anybody know if they have theorized something before RNA?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
years ago.....
a science experiment was preformed
three glass spheres were joined and sealed
one had what is believed to be the water content.....millions of years ago
one had what is believed to be the atmosphere....millions of years ago
the last one had two electrodes charging the sealed experiment as if it were lightning

the water in the lower sphere turned brown
and proved to be amino acids

the building block of life

epronovost

That answer was submitted by a biochemist in 1999. There has been a LOT of new discoveries in the field of abiogenesis since then and a while clear and robust theory still hasn't been formulated the situation isn't at all the same as the one of 20 years ago. Please check the date of publication of your articles especially in domains in which progress is extremely fast like in genetics, biochemistry, computer engineering, green energy (including nuclear), etc.

PS: weren't you leaving the forum?

King Phenomenon

years ago.....
a science experiment was preformed
three glass spheres were joined and sealed
one had what is believed to be the water content.....millions of years ago
one had what is believed to be the atmosphere....millions of years ago
the last one had two electrodes charging the sealed experiment as if it were lightning

the water in the lower sphere turned brown
and proved to be amino acids

the building block of life
So amino acids led to RNA which led to DNA is what you're theorizing?

King Phenomenon

That answer was submitted by a biochemist in 1999. There has been a LOT of new discoveries in the field of abiogenesis since then and a while clear and robust theory still hasn't been formulated the situation isn't at all the same as the one of 20 years ago. Please check the date of publication of your articles especially in domains in which progress is extremely fast like in genetics, biochemistry, computer engineering, green energy (including nuclear), etc.

yeah I was asking about something that's clear and robust. I guess I'll leave when I leave haha

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
"Scientists are not close to knowing the exact processes that took place on the earth which led to the origins of life. They may never know the exact answer because the evidence for this very primitive life has probably been destroyed by the more efficient life which evolved from it."

Does anyone know of any theories as to why they don't know, or a way that could explain this in a little bit more detail?

In part, because the science of abiogenesis is anew science and the researcld only begin after the discovery and research of the nature of DNA/RNA.

I have a thread on the advances in the research and discoveries concerning abiogenesis.I believe there is more known about the environment and processes in the pre-life Hadean world that abiogenesis took place.

King Phenomenon

Yeah I've heard of abiogenesis. So in a way I guess I'm asking about the details of that in layman's terms and how it relates to RNA and DNA

epronovost

yeah I was asking about something that's clear and robust.

The RNA hypothesis is the one with the strongest support at the moment. You might want to look it up. Of course, I trust that you have a more than high school level of understanding of biochemistry else you might not be able to fully understand and correctly appreciate the current research.

King Phenomenon

In part, because the science of abiogenesis is anew science and the researcld only begin after the discovery and research of the nature of DNA/RNA.

I have a thread on the advances in the research and discoveries concerning abiogenesis.I believe there is more known about the environment and processes in the pre-life Hadean world that abiogenesis took place.
Cool I'll read that
Hadean cool never heard of it
Hades hahaha

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
yeah I was asking about something that's clear and robust. I guess I'll leave when I leave haha

Expecting something 'clear and robust' is projecting anthropomorphic expectation using vocabulary not common to science. As a scientist and professional geologist with a strong background in the sciences of abiogenesis and evolution and I have no idea what this means.

What is your educational background, and what have you researched concerning the current research and discoveries concerning abiogenesis?

King Phenomenon

The RNA hypothesis is the one with the strongest support at the moment. You might want to look it up. Of course, I trust that you have a more than high school level of understanding of biochemistry else you might not be able to fully understand and correctly appreciate the current research.
Yeah I read about it how RNA just appeared and how many think that it's highly improbable

King Phenomenon

Expecting something 'clear and robust' is projecting anthropomorphic expectation using vocabulary not common to science. As a scientist and professional geologist with a strong background in the sciences of abiogenesis and evolution and I have no idea what this means.

What is your educational background, and what have you researched concerning the current research and discoveries concerning abiogenesis?
I don't know too much about I just know it's life from non-life. Well I was kind of hoping for something robust it was kind of a joke really

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you break down the list that came before RNA?
I do not know what came before in the chemical evolution leading up to RNA and DNA. I know that amino acids can form from basic chemicals with the application of energy. Possibly hydrothermal or lightning are potential energy sources.

What I have surmised from my reading is that what is hypothesized is that at some point there was some form of autocatalysis or self-replicating chemistry. More complex molecules formed naturally in the environment through that process leading, over time, to increasing complexity with RNA being one of those molecules.

My knowledge of the subject is very general. You can learn more by doing a literature search with Google Scholar.

King Phenomenon

Yeah I just scanned about abiogenesis on Wikipedia and it looks like nobody's really come up with anything substantial I found this quote

"Any successful theory of abiogenesis must explain the origins and interactions of these classes of molecules."

So I can see the difficulty in proving this. it's pretty neat stuff though

King Phenomenon

I do not know what came before in the chemical evolution leading up to RNA and DNA. I know that amino acids can form from basic chemicals with the application of energy. Possibly hydrothermal or lightning are potential energy sources.

What I have surmised from my reading is that what is hypothesized is that at some point there was some form of autocatalysis or self-replicating chemistry. More complex molecules formed naturally in the environment through that process leading, over time, to increasing complexity with RNA being one of those molecules.

My knowledge of the subject is very general. You can learn more by doing a literature search with Google Scholar.
That's cool I didn't know you could get amino acids from striking chemicals with lightning haha

King Phenomenon

Yeah that's probably why it's so hard to understand because of Auto catalysts and self replicating chemistry is involved