• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of Life and the End Times definitions

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Some of these are self-explanatory, but others I have no idea what they mean. Could someone please explain what each of these mean and how someone came to that conclusion. Note: I ask that this be an explanation thread, please don't debate theory is which is right and which is wrong, start a new thread for that. Thanks.

Origin of Life Theories:
Young Earth Creation
Old Earth Creation
Gap Theory
Theistic Evolution
Atheistic Evolution

End Times Theories:
Historic
Preterist
Futurist
Amillennialism
Premillennialism
Postmillennialism
Pretribulation
Midtribulation
Posttribulation

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Actually Evolution has nothing to do with how life got here... just what it did after it got here. ;)

YEC- the earth is roughly 6000 years old, based on a literal reading of the 'begats' in the bible.
OEC- God made the earth as in Genisis, but he did it within the timeframe of accepted
Scientific dates... billions of years ago not thousands of years ago.
Gap Theory- akin to OEC... there is a gap within the 'days' of Genisis of millions/billions of
years to account for the scientific demonstrated age of the earth.
Theistic Evo- Evolution is accepted as a tool of God in the creation of life.
Athiesitic Evo- Evolution is a natural process that doesn't need the tinkering of a god to work.
* Abiogenisis*- Life formed naturally out of natrually forming chemical compounds like amino
amino acids. This is the actual scientific theory of life origins.

Historic- ?
Preterist- Revelation prophecies have already happined.. end time is now.
Furterist- Revelation prophecies have yet to happin.
Amillenialism- The 1000 year rein of Christ is figuritive. We are in the 'millenium' right now.
Premillenialism- Christ is going to show up any minute now to start the 1000 year reign.
Postmillenialism- christ is going to show up after the 1000 year reign...
Pretribulation- The good people of the church will be taken to heaven before the tribulation.
Midtribulation- it will happin during the Tribulation
Postribulation- it will happin after the tribulation to end it.

a helpful link: http://solascriptura-tt.org/EscatologiaEDispensacoes/Eschatology-Gilley.html

wa:do

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I am sure someone will work through the lot of them
I looked up a few on Google and wished I hadn't.
It seems they are all there, but would take too long for me to devote to it.
But help yourself.

Terry

joeboonda

Maize said:
Some of these are self-explanatory, but others I have no idea what they mean. Could someone please explain what each of these mean and how someone came to that conclusion. Note: I ask that this be an explanation thread, please don't debate theory is which is right and which is wrong, start a new thread for that. Thanks.

Origin of Life Theories:
Young Earth Creation
Old Earth Creation
Gap Theory
Theistic Evolution
Atheistic Evolution

End Times Theories:
Historic
Preterist
Futurist
Amillennialism
Premillennialism
Postmillennialism
Pretribulation
Midtribulation
Posttribulation
I know you did not want to know, but I HAD to say it. Now that you know the definitions, I just want to say I am Young Earth, dont believe the gap theory, or theistic evolution. And I am a Pretribulation Rapture man myself. Just for the record. PEACE!