• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of life, Adam and the Dinosaurs

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Everybody is going to die one way or another. Who's fault is that? Chit happens, everybody knows that.
Who knows what Lot was thinking. He knew the Angels had come and were in his house. They were under his protection and Lot held nothing back to do just that. Lot himself stood between the raping homosexual mob and the Angels before they pulled him inside and destroyed the wicked city. Yes, i've read the story and have no problem with it.

Well, you should have a problem with it. Not only a moral problem, but also plausibility one. I am sure the Angels appreciated that. It is well known that wings do not always work when you need them to fly away from mobs :)

By the way, would you do the same with your daughters, if any? You know, just to be godly, as well.

And what do you mean with homosexual mob? Have angels a gender?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Don't worry slave. The second coming is nigh. In this life I can only cure blind people, walk on water, ressurect dead people and provide some magical wine for a wedding. No time for your chains, now, or even to make it clear cut that you should not have them. Don't disturb my agenda, with your petty requests.

Ciao

- viole

You could look at it that way, sort of a cup is half empty perspective though...

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You could look at it that way, sort of a cup is half empty perspective though...

True. I am sure it is to be expected that a slave see things more on the half empty side.

So, how many of them could profit from the second coming?

Ciao

- viole

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Well, you should have a problem with it. Not only a moral problem, but also plausibility one. I am sure the Angels appreciated that. It is well known that wings do not always work when you need them to fly away from mobs :)

By the way, would you do the same with your daughters, if any? You know, just to be godly, as well.

And what do you mean with homosexual mob? Have angels a gender?

Ciao

- viole

They were coming to check out Lots report that the city had become totally wicked and needed to be destroyed. So just like Jesus in the second coming they wait till the 11th hour, which was before anyone got raped by a mob.

Well they wanted nothing to do with the daughters, which leads one to believe they were homosexuals. Yes I believe those Angels were male. Not sure if all Angels are male, but they don't have sex anyway. That stuffs for mortals.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
True. I am sure it is to be expected that a slave see things more on the half empty side.

So, how many of them could profit from the second coming?

Ciao

- viole

All of them? I suppose it all works out that everybody is supposed to forgive everybody so God forgives us. So perhaps the second coming is like the Jubilee, when all debts are just forgotten like water under the bridge and everybody can move on. Maybe some won't do that though, I don't know.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
All of them? I suppose it all works out that everybody is supposed to forgive everybody so God forgives us. So perhaps the second coming is like the Jubilee, when all debts are just forgotten like water under the bridge and everybody can move on. Maybe some won't do that though, I don't know.

But why make it so complicated? First comings, second comings, multiple comings. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

Why not a simple:

Commadment XI: you shall not own another human being. That is abominable to the Lord. Even worse than eating fishes without scales, so that you get the idea. Period.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
But why make it so complicated? First comings, second comings, multiple comings. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

Why not a simple:

Commadment XI: you shall not own another human being. That is abominable to the Lord. Even worse than eating fishes with scales, so that you get the idea. Period.

Ciao

- viole

You mean eating fish with the scales still on? I don't understand..

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You mean eating fish with the scales still on? I don't understand..

Sorry, I meant fishes that have not scales. Typo. That seems to be unclean.

My point is that while that deserves a mention, owning a human being does not.

Ciao

- viole

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Sorry, I meant fishes that have not scales. Typo. That seems to be unclean.

My point is that while that deserves a mention, owning a human being does not.

Ciao

- viole

Parents basically own their children...

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Parents basically own their children...

We are not talking of children. Even assuming that they Are really owned by their parents.

So, what does your objective morality, if any, tells you? Is it OK to own another ADULT human being? Is it moral to prescibe how he or she should be beaten?

Why did the lord forget that simple commandment, in your opinion, while wasting stone space with many basically useless ones?

Ciao

- viole

Kemosloby

Premium Member
We are not talking of children. Even assuming that they Are really owned by their parents.

So, what does your objective morality, if any, tells you? Is it OK to own another ADULT human being? Is it moral to prescibe how he or she should be beaten?

Why did the lord forget that simple commandment, in your opinion, while wasting stone space with many basically useless ones?

Ciao

- viole

Parents beat their kids sometimes. The metaphor about having human rulers is basically being their slaves, like they are our parents. We can't get enough human rulers, we have federal, state, local, community etc. Then preachers and priests and etc etc. They prescribe punishment sometimes, even death.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Parents beat their kids sometimes. The metaphor about having human rulers is basically being their slaves, like they are our parents. We can't get enough human rulers, we have federal, state, local, community etc. Then preachers and priests and etc etc. They prescribe punishment sometimes, even death.

So, is that a no? I expect a one bit answer. Yes or no. Ok, two bits. I accept "maybe", too.

Is it ok to own adult humans like property according to objective morality?

Ciao

- viole

Kemosloby

Premium Member
So, is that a no? I expect a one bit answer. Yes or no. Ok, two bits. I accept "maybe", too.

Is it ok to own adult humans like property according to objective morality?

Ciao

- viole

Hard to say, I've never lived in a society where there were slaves. Ancient Rome had plenty, im sure. And before electricity and the steam engine, when work was really hard, there were lots of slaves. Is it wrong for Politicians to get fat and live in luxury while others work and serve them?

eldios

Could Adam have been alive with the dinosaurs according to scripture. Yes, absolutely. No fossils of humans are found with the dinosaurs because humans, Adam and Eve were immortal, they did not die like the animals.

In 7 days God created the Heaven and the Earth. With God a day is 1,000 years, a day is also a day our time. It is ambiguouos whether creation was 7 days our time or 7,000 years. But Man was created immortal, his days were not numbered. There is an indefinite time period between creation and the fall of man, which could have been millions of years. When Adam ate the fruit he became mortal, his days were numbered and time began. God said "In the day they ate of it they would surely die" A day with God is 1,000 years, so they would die within 1,000 years, which accounts for Adam's age of a few hundred years old, from the time of the fall of man until his death.

The origin of all things we experience began in the thoughts of our Lord who spoke those thoughts into a creation.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not sure if all Angels are male, but they don't have sex anyway. That stuffs for mortals.

So what are you expecting heaven to be like? Are you expecting to spend all of your time praising God? Sex is out. Taking a walk is out. The beach is out. Going out for lunch with a friend is out.

Consider this experience in cyberspace, and compare it with experiences in meat space. Here, for all practical purposes, we're all disembodied spirits - pure mind. Without the avatars and account names, which I assume souls in heaven won't have, I couldn't tell one RF poster from another. We never hear one another laugh or see one another smile or frown.

Are you expecting to be able to hear other souls? You won't have ears or use sound waves, so it would have to be something telepathic like the way you pray to God. If so, will you have any way to shut all of those voices out?

Are you expecting to retain your free will in heaven? Your sin nature?