• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Organ harvesting pedophiles, rapists, and murderers

Would organ harvesting certain criminals be good for society?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you think it would do a good service to society if organs were harvested and transplanted from rapists, pedophiles, and murderers to save better members of society?

Keep in mind that it could save a lot of lives and eliminate taxpayers dollars which cost a fortune keeping them locked up.

It would give purpose to their existing. As I said, they could even be responsible for saving or enhancing lives.

Think carefully before you vote.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Do you think it would do a good service to society if organs were harvested and transplanted from rapists, pedophiles, and murderers to save better members of society?

Keep in mind that it could save a lot of lives and eliminate taxpayers dollars which cost a fortune keeping them locked up.

It would give purpose to their existing. As I said, they could even be responsible for saving or enhancing lives.

Think carefully before you vote.
I'm strongly against violating the human rights of prisoners, no matter what their crimes. In America at least, our constitution protects all citizens from being subject to cruel and unusual punishment. Literally extracting people's organs would absolutely constitute cruel and unusual punishment. Plus, given that our main method of execution nowadays is lethal injection, do we really want to harvest organs which have been subjected to that kind of biochemical nuking and give them up for organ transplants?

If prisoners choose to donate their organs upon their death, that's their prerogative. But nobody should be forced to have a kidney taken from them, least of all while they're still alive.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I would oppose it not for the sake of those guilty of such heinous crimes, but because of an untrustworthy justice system prone to error and overreach.

Daemon Sophic

I'm strongly against violating the human rights of prisoners, no matter what their crimes. In America at least, our constitution protects all citizens from being subject to cruel and unusual punishment. Literally extracting people's organs would absolutely constitute cruel and unusual punishment. Plus, given that our main method of execution nowadays is lethal injection, do we really want to harvest organs which have been subjected to that kind of biochemical nuking and give them up for organ transplants?

If prisoners choose to donate their organs upon their death, that's their prerogative. But nobody should be forced to have a kidney taken from them, least of all while they're still alive.
I agree with the protections from cruel and unusual punishments.

Also, there are two main concrete problems with the OP’s suggestion.
1. The numbers generated just wouldn’t put much of a dent in the numbers needed. With legal costs making this a waste of time and resources.
2. The subset of hardened criminals for whom we might consider the punishment of “being harvested”, has an infectious disease rate that far exceeds that of the general public. (hepatitis, syphilis, HIV, etc...). The criteria for being a donor would exclude many of the would be “harvestees”.

Daemon Sophic

If you really want to have an effect, then do as some other nations have done. Which is to say, “You want a driver’s license? Then you are a donor.”

Problem solved.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Come to Mondas and you will have no need of organs. You will become wires and steel.