• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Order of events for May 21st 2011

Will May 21st 2011 begin Judgment Day?

• Yes it will

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No it won't

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I'm easygoing, Mike.

I think it would be far better if you dropped the whole notion, personally. To say I don't want you to discuss it sounds a bit mean - but I don't want you to believe it because I don't think it's good for you to hold such a notion.

Think about how you are living right now, according to yourself.

Apparently, you are living a minimalist lifestyle
....in a rented house
....with very little of anything
...because you're convinced the world is going to end.

Your children and spouse both know you think the world is going to end soon.
You spent some time in care...
...and you even faked your own death
...and pretended to be your wife informing us.

You feel as though God is going to kill two billion people in one day.

The only notion that gives this idea is one guy's idea based on a literalistic interpretation that it's supposed to be a few thousand years after Noah entered the ark
...despite the fact there is no evidence Noah existed
...or a worldwide flood happened
...or anything like that.
...and the guy made a previous "hypothetical" claim that the world was "possibly" going to end in 1994. It didn't happen.

And you're believing in this despite the fact hundreds of end of the world prophecies have been
...and have failed.

Unfulfilled religious predictions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This isn't good for you, man. I don't want to go "HAHAHA! You were wrong and you suck!" or "HAHAHA! YOU'RE NUTS!!!". I am, however, worried for your mental health if you truly believe this. If you're trolling, you're a patient troll. If you aren't, I am concerned.

And rightly so.

tl;dr I want you to drop the whole idea for your own sake.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
As long as you are willing to say,
"Okay, I was wrong. I've been had."

I will pat you on the back. Virtually, of course, as I don't live near you.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Let's say May 21st was not real, and for some odd reason it never happens. I move on and drop religion altogether.

Will I ever be able to live it down, this episode in my life? If you knew me personally in real life, how would you treat me? Am I simply the mental guy that needs help?

Just looking for feedback as to how people think...

Your just a person holding vehemently on to a particular view. Your not the first or last person with conviction to which upon it's uneventful passing understandably makes for disappointment and perhaps enable a degree of embarrassment.

Habitually persistent occurrences involving obsessiveness over end time dates may require a degree of mental counseling to find root causes, but not necessarily indicates madness to the likes of Jack Nicholson in the Shining. ;O)

Status
Not open for further replies.