• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Order of events for May 21st 2011

Will May 21st 2011 begin Judgment Day?

• Yes it will

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No it won't

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

David69

Angel Of The North
I voted no because in my opinion it will be next year after my book is published but it leads upto the new beginning and not the end of the world or whatever. some guy came up with the date after adding 7000 years to the date of noahs floods or something like that. Not that convincing to me.

Just_me_Mike

Let's say May 21st was not real, and for some odd reason it never happens. I move on and drop religion altogether.

Will I ever be able to live it down, this episode in my life? If you knew me personally in real life, how would you treat me? Am I simply the mental guy that needs help?

Just looking for feedback as to how people think...

ninerbuff

godless wonder
If you can then that's great. I just think you show very obvious symptoms of anxiety. Didn't you say you owned a business or are in business for yourself? Does your business put so much stress on you that anxiety sets in?
So was that a yes or no? And if your business does stress you out, what type of business is it...a service business from home, a service business where you have to work around others, etc.?

Just_me_Mike

So was that a yes or no? And if your business does stress you out, what type of business is it...a service business from home, a service business where you have to work around others, etc.?
I love what I do. I create signage for amusement parks, large companies, etc... It is a creative and stimulating business. No problems there.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Let's say May 21st was not real, and for some odd reason it never happens. I move on and drop religion altogether.

Will I ever be able to live it down, this episode in my life? If you knew me personally in real life, how would you treat me? Am I simply the mental guy that needs help?

Let's just say that, if you can laugh at yourself, we'll be right there laughing with you.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Even if you do need help (and frankly, it sounds like you might), you're not "simply the mental guy who needs help".

IMO, mental issues get an unfair stigma attached to them. If you had appendicitis or diabetes, these wouldn't be things that you would need to "live down". Same for mental illness in my books. I certainly want people who suffer from mental illness to get better, but mental illness shouldn't be a point of shame.

Just_me_Mike

Even if you do need help (and frankly, it sounds like you might), you're not "simply the mental guy who needs help".

IMO, mental issues get an unfair stigma attached to them. If you had appendicitis or diabetes, these wouldn't be things that you would need to "live down". Same for mental illness in my books. I certainly want people who suffer from mental illness to get better, but mental illness shouldn't be a point of shame.
That makes sense.

David69

Angel Of The North
Mike I think you should write about your journey, at least if you are wrong you will have some reward for your troubles!
As you know, I am one of those head jobs that really beleives that he's the messiah (mashiach) but I am that convinced, I am not bothered what people will think if I am wrong. In that case, I will accept that I am wrong and take it on the chin! Im considering having a dna test done by my possible clan. they are of royal blood, suposedly traced back to Abraham and beyond.
If you were me, would you trust your family to not turn you over to your enemy if they are after getting on the throne of David? Scary stuff!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I want to know the truth so badly, and my quest has led me here. If it had led me to a pint of Jack Daniels then so be it, I'd be there. It is not the end I seek, but truth.

Truth is found through logic and evidence, and because your claims hold neither, we can conclude that they are in fact not truth.

That was easy.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Personally, I'd rather start a betting pool regarding how many threads you'll create on the subject between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.