• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Order of events for May 21st 2011

Will May 21st 2011 begin Judgment Day?

• Yes it will

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No it won't

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_me_Mike

And what about the believers? They will live on?
That day the believers, will transform into spiritual beings. As written in the following:

1st Corrinthians 15
[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
and similarly
1st Thessalonians 4
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Just_me_Mike

This document contains too many "could haves" and "might haves" for me to take Mr Camping's claims serious. He mixes speculative assumption with his obsession for numbers to come up with an erroneous conclusion.

In an interview with the SF Chronicle last year, Mr Camping explained how he reached his conclusion for May 21, 2011:

He somehow postulates the number 5, equals "atonement." Ten is "completeness." Seventeen means "heaven." With this in mind, he goes on to say Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D., Now go to April 1 of 2011 A.D., and that's 1,978 years. Camping then multiplied 1,978 by 365.2422 days - the number of days in each solar year , not to be confused with a calendar year. Next, he noted that April 1 to May 21 encompasses 51 days. Add 51 to the sum of previous multiplication total, and it equals 722,500. Camping realized that (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17) = 722,500. Or put into words: (Atonement x Completeness x Heaven), squared. "Five times 10 times 17 is telling you a story," Camping said. It's the story from the time Christ made payment for your sins until you're completely saved.

I cannot fathom anyone staking their current reputation, credibility, and ultimate salvation on this type of reasoning. But that's "Just me Mike" ;)

Here's the source:
Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011 | Full Page
I understand. I am not here to convince you, I am just doing my part. That information you posted, is one of many reasons put forth, literally the bible is dripping with information about this subject.
Just so you know, we still use numbers all the time to signify things. Listen to a radio channel sometime for police. "What is your 20?" "10-4"
That is nothing new. Throughout the bible God does in deed use numbers to signify things. The number 3 is used quite often etc... Just because what camping did with that set of numbers seems odd to you, and most others, it isn't grounds to say the bible doesn't use numbers as words, with special meanings.

Flankerl

*sigh* This fear and love for some kind of world ending disaster is so christian.

Wont happen. Like all the "THIS THE END!!!!!111" dates before.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The bible teaches the wages of sin is death. So if a person dies unsaved, they simply die, cease to exist. During this judgment period their corpses will be risen and left on the ground for an open shame. Those that are unsaved and remain alive during the judgment period will witness this, and when they die, they too will cease to exist.
Hell only means the grave. There is no eternal torture, only eternal cessation. God is a God of mercy, not torment. Despite what many think.

Mike this doesn't make sense,their corpses laid bare for an open shame,if they cease to exist they are not going to know anything,.

If people wait until May 21 to start talking to God, it will be too late. Just like the Ark, the boat will be closed.

Mike i think you could do with some expert help,i really do,this obsession isn't healthy

blackout

Violet.
No. Nor will it happen any other day.

ever.

Though at some point we may mostly blow ourselves up,
or some solar event may wipe us out or something.... :shrug:

**** happens.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh 9, I am afraid you will only have 5 months to make the money, and I really think money will be the last thing on your mind when it happens.
Well, given the choice between facing the apocalypse with a bit of cash in my pocket or facing it skint, I know which one I'd choose.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe you will face it with sword raised high and go for as much loot as you can?
I've already got the sword. Seems a shame not to put it to use while I can... :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.