• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Order of events for May 21st 2011

Will May 21st 2011 begin Judgment Day?

• Yes it will

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No it won't

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_me_Mike

For those interested, there is a high likelihood that events will unfold as following.

• At around 6pm New Zealand time on May 21st their time, a massive rolling earthquake will take place.
  • From that point it will work its way around the globe and within 24 hours to touch all places on the earth.
  • The graves of the earth will be thrown open and the grounds will be littered with dead bodies, as foretold in the bible, so that they will be put to an open shame.
  • Around 2 billion people will die that day.
  • Those that remain will witness those that are going to be with God, leave and be with God. Some will weep and wail, and others will be bitter and angry.
  • This horror will last until October 21st 2011, a five month duration which will conclude judgment day
  • Finally Earth will be completely destroyed, and no humans will remain.
For those that joke, and say they will have a BBQ on that day, I just don't see that happening. And if I am still here when it happens, I will be devastated.

Any questions let me know.

Mike

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
What do "those who are going to be with God, leave and be with God" look like? Just so we know what to witness.

Just_me_Mike

What do "those who are going to be with God, leave and be with God" look like? Just so we know what to witness.
We do know according to the book of Corinthians, that "they" will be transformed instantly into a spiritual being. Shedding the mortal flesh for a new spiritual body. As to what that looks like, it does not say.

Just_me_Mike

1st Corinthians 15
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I honestly don't care one way or the other. The chances that I die in a car accident in the next six weeks are billions of times greater than the world ending via supernatural means on May 21. If I gave much more than a second's thought to all the things that I could think of that could possibly, however remote it may be, end the world for me on any given day, all I would do is obsess about the end of the world and cease living, drive family and friends away from me, and flush the joy and wonder of being alive now down the toilet.

So you'll excuse me, Mike, if I tell you I don't give a flying _____ about whatever crazy end-of-the-world scenario you are obsessing about, other than to say I think you seriously need non-Christian therapy if this isn't a put on.

Just_me_Mike

doppelgänger;2417689 said:
I honestly don't care one way or the other. The chances that I die in a car accident in the next six weeks are billions of times greater than the world ending via supernatural means on May 21. If I gave much more than a second's thought to all the things that I could think of that could possibly, however remote it may be, end the world for me on any given day, all I would do is obsess about the end of the world and cease living, drive family and friends away from me, and flush the joy and wonder of being alive now down the toilet.

So you'll excuse me, Mike, if I tell you I don't give a flying _____ about whatever crazy end-of-the-world scenario you are obsessing about, other than to say I think you seriously need non-Christian therapy if this isn't a put on.
Most people feel as you do. No one wants to be told that some pending judgment is coming on a specific day. It cheapens and lessens all you might hold dear. I can understand that.

If I indeed felt this date was as random as your mentioning dying in a million other ways all the time, I would not bring it up.
However, if you knew specifically when the thief was coming in your house, I doubt seriously you would casually ignore it, especially if you have kids sleeping and all of that. Imagine knowing a thief is breaking in your house tonight, because you were tipped of by the robbers partner who decided to become good or whatever.

You wouldn't ignore it. So you'll excuse me, as I think you are full of ____ if you say otherwise.

So for me, it is as real as if I knew the thief was coming tonight. It just so happens it is not real for you, and to that, I have nothing to say, other than what I already said at the top of this reply. Most people will feel the same as you.

I do appreciate the concern though. You seem like a extraordinary person.

Just_me_Mike

I told Frodo not to throw the evil ring in that volcano!

But seriously, why New Zealand?
Has to do with the time zones. If an Earthquake is to be felt all over the world on May 21st, it makes sense it would start there. Say for example it started in California at 6pm on May 21st. It would no longer be May 21st other parts of the Earth.
This event must take place on May 21st.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
Hi there, Mike is it? Without sounding rude, but dont you think what you say sounds a little insane? What evidence or logic drives your conviction here?

The whole religious end of the world prophesy thing is a little old fashioned dont you think? Humanity has intellectually moved on from taking such things seriously, and if not, then maybe we do face a crisis of a different kind indeed.

Alex

blackout

Violet.
I can't think like that. Sorry.
It is definitely going to happen.

Ok then... just for the sake of a conversational exercise...
lets just SAY... imagine.... pontificate...
that it doesn't happen.

In what way would that effect how you continued on from there?
In what way would that effect your view of world/self/god/reality/prophets etc etc...

Would it force you into a new paradigm?
Or would you just look for a new prophet
with a new date.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I can't think like that. Sorry.
It is definitely going to happen.
What makes you think so? What reason do you have to say that it's going to happen?

You seem upset (or at least annoyed) that people aren't taking you seriously, but what if I came up to you and told you that the world would end on Christmas Day, 2011 without giving any reason why? Would you be inclined to believe me? If you didn't accept what I said, would this be a sign that you just wanted to ignore my "awful truth"?

Just_me_Mike

Hi there, Mike is it? Without sounding rude, but dont you think what you say sounds a little insane? What evidence or logic drives your conviction here?

The whole religious end of the world prophesy thing is a little old fashioned dont you think? Humanity has intellectually moved on from taking such things seriously, and if not, then maybe we do face a crisis of a different kind indeed.

Alex
Insane? Yeah probably it is. Unreal? Not so sure. the only evidence is figuring out the bible. Which is not acceptable to most people. I understand why though, and it is OK. I am not trying to convince anyone here. I am simply doing my duty of bringing awareness.

Ironically, the bible, says people like myself will be wished silenced at the end, so much that it would be like they are dead, because NO ONE will want their message. Even the churches will want people like me silenced (or metaphorically dead, and maybe really dead in some cases). The bible teaches this will happen...... I know, it sounds crazy to you and just about everyone else.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass

that it doesn't happen.

In what way would that effect your view of world/self/god/reality/prophets etc etc...

with a new date.
There's usually something extremely awry that underlies such extreme and obsessive behavior, and it will tend to manifest in a new obsession after the shock wears off.

Just_me_Mike

that it doesn't happen.

with a new date.
I can't say UV. I mean I never set out to find a date to begin with. I heard about this guy, laughed about it, decided to research it, and ended up here.
I can see how it is easy for some to point and say, oh Mike is just sick and weak minded, susceptible to a good con. Maybe so, but I doubt it. It is just not my character.
It is difficult for me to imagine beyond that time. It is like me saying unicorns are real and explaining what magic powers they have. When in reality we know they aren't real. So to, is time beyond that date like a unicorn. It seems fictional to even think about it.
To be sure, if you are right, I will of course have to deal with it. But, to imagine it now? Just can't do it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Insane? Yeah probably it is. Unreal? Not so sure. the only evidence is figuring out the bible.
You mean the Bible that says "But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. Take heed, keep on the alert; for you do not know when the appointed time will come"? That Bible?

Which is not acceptable to most people. I understand why though, and it is OK. I am not trying to convince anyone here. I am simply doing my duty of bringing awareness.
That seems a strange thing to do. You don't want to help us avoid whatever torment you think is in store for unbelievers, but you do want us to be able to think "Mike was right!" when it happens? Hmm.

Ironically, the bible, says people like myself will be wished silenced at the end, so much that it would be like they are dead, because NO ONE will want their message. Even the churches will want people like me silenced (or metaphorically dead, and maybe really dead in some cases). The bible teaches this will happen...... I know, it sounds crazy to you and just about everyone else.
It doesn't sound crazy so much as familiar. Do you think you're the first person to take refuge in those Bible passages when their end-of-the-world claims weren't taken seriously?

blackout

Violet.
No one wants to be told that some pending judgment is coming on a specific day. It cheapens and lessens all you might hold dear. I can understand that.

Uhhhh.... no Mike. It actually doesn't at all.

Tyrants are tyrants.
Actually tyranny only reinforces the deep love and appreciation I have
for all I hold dear.
Tyrants can plunder your world,
but
they cannot cheapen and lessen
the things of greatest importance INSIDE Your Own Self.

Just_me_Mike

What makes you think so? What reason do you have to say that it's going to happen?

You seem upset (or at least annoyed) that people aren't taking you seriously, but what if I came up to you and told you that the world would end on Christmas Day, 2011 without giving any reason why? Would you be inclined to believe me? If you didn't accept what I said, would this be a sign that you just wanted to ignore my "awful truth"?
Upset? Not really at all. I have totally accepted the reality of the situation.
It is not my task to convince or trick anyone into believing. It is simply an effort to bring awareness, and occasionally there will be those interested in more information. If not, that is OK too.
If you would prefer I stop posting on the RF, you're the boss, just let me know. But, I am not upset at all.
I understand your question as well, but I have given some reasons in the past. I am not just going to post a bunch of reasons, without being prompted too. Maybe I should, but it doesn't seem right to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.