• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opting out of marketing e-mails not working?

ScottySatan

Sure, sure. We all have some junk e-mail account where we conduct our online business and don't have to read all the spam. But even then the spam gets so thick you can't even find that reciept or confirmation you need.

Tired of unsubscribing only to find that your spam is still coming or increasing? Maybe with some new vendors even thrown in? Don't unsubscribe or opt out, Change your e-mail address in their records! Go to their e-mail preferences link, log in if need be, stick in a fake e-mail address, and you'll never hear from them again. None of this "it may take us 16 weeks to proccess this" BS.

For one especially nastty spammer sending me stuff every single day, I actually called them, told them I valued their service but was moving, and changed my e-mail address over the phone. Not only did that stop, but a lot of other spam mysteriously disappeared too. Even spammers want their lists to be at least a little accurate.

Sorry if this is obvious to you, I'm not a digital native.

Now after about 15 minutes of work, I only get 5-8 spams a day in my junk account...****, that's still a lot, isn't it?