• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Openly carry your flamberge in Texas.

The Holy Bottom Burp

*Checks to see this isn't in the jokes section, then remembers it is America.* I do find it a bit puzzling that an idiot is not allowed to carry or wear brass knuckles in America, but the same idiot is allowed to carry a gun. If I'm being attacked by that idiot, I'd rather he was armed with the brass knuckles, gives me a chance at least. The idiot can shoot me dead from a considerable distance, he (it's not going to be a woman, face facts fellas) has to get up close to hurt me with brass knuckles. He has to be pretty close to kill me with a sword as well, so shouldn't the same principle apply? Weapons that you have to get close to the victim to kill are illegal, weapons that you can use to kill sh*t loads of people from a distance are legal. At least be consistent America!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'm more a fan of household tactical nukes, myself. To each their own, I suppose.
mushroom-cloud.png

No fuss, no muss. :) Pretty sunsets...

Oooo...I know what I want for Christmas...

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Per the CNN article, "There are some places where the new law won't apply -- including schools, prisons, hospitals, amusement parks or places of worship."

If the new law expressly prohibits blades at places of worship, Texas might find they have to amend that since there are religions that have ceremonial/ritual blades.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You would still look foolish carrying a sword in public without a good reason.
I have a leather trench coat and black pants. I'd look bad ***! :D
If I'm being attacked by that idiot, I'd rather he was armed with the brass knuckles, gives me a chance at least.
And not to mention, "serves him right" since the hypothetical idiot is probably going to end up doing some serious damage to his wrist in the process.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is my bloody-thirsty little hellions weapon of choice.
Ju1Wf6T.jpg

Truth be told, mine are much nicer than the one above, but, hey, someone has to find them. :)