• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OpenAI's effectiveness at mathematics and explaining itself seems to plummet as users complain about the new model(s)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

My comments: Honestly, some of the reports, including this one, are concerning to the extent of, since there is a premium version of OpenAI you can subscribe to, it makes it kind of look like it's not worth the money with the given issues. On the other hand, all of these issues with AI and already is making it look like narratives of "AI being smart enough to take over by itself" as more or less fantasy.

Orbit

I'm a planet

My comments: Honestly, some of the reports, including this one, are concerning to the extent of, since there is a premium version of OpenAI you can subscribe to, it makes it kind of look like it's not worth the money with the given issues. On the other hand, all of these issues with AI and already is making it look like narratives of "AI being smart enough to take over by itself" as more or less fantasy.

It also makes stuff up. My husband, a computer programmer, asked it to solve a programming problem, and it did so by inventing commands that were "grammatically correct", but didn't exist within the programming language.