• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Open Abortion Clinics on Federal Lands!

Should Biden have abortion clinics opened on federal lands?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Maybe/Unsure.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So my wife could have killed my child without my consent? You realize that's partly my DNA, right?
Yes the baby has the right to bodily autonomy.
Again, not your child.
The right has been pushing an evangelical, religious doctrine over a practical, outcome based approach. I don't see how imposing fundamentalist christian regulations here is any different from the Taliban imposing fundamentalist Muslim regulations in Afghanistan.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Supreme Court decision simply brought the abortion issue back to the states, where people in each state will decide. This will allow 50 experiments to be run, to see what is the best way. Medical tourism may become common, with private funding and donations needed to replace current system of forced taxation, without representation.
Do you really think the right is going to leave this issue to the states? Overturning Roe v Wade is just the 1st step.
Abortion is really closer to a cosmetic procedure, similar to a nose job. I own my face and have the right to a nose job. Neither are necessary for my physical health, but both may benefit my psychological well being. But since this is a choice that only benefits the ego, but is not needed by the body, it should not be paid for by the tax payer. Women may need rot start saving for college, retirement and abortion.
Women don't abort on a whim. Unwanted children can ruin women's lives. They destroy dreams and opportunities and create an impoverished class of women, children and, later, adult children living off the dole and filling our prisons.
Government subsidized abortion saves money, as well as allowing otherwise impoverished women to rise into higher tax brackets.
The fear is less about not being able to find a state for an abortion, but about Big Government losing some of its power to force feed funding, at the tax payer expense.
Again, abortion saves money. You pay a little and save a lot, in the long run.
Moreover, most women pay out-of-pocket. Its a simple, inexpensive, out-patient procedure.
Some states may make it legal, but may not be able to afford to foot the bill. This is an opportunity for abortion supporters to put their money where their mouth is; charity, or be hypocrites.
Just how expensive do you think a five minute D&C or vacuum extraction is? We're not talking about open heart surgery.

esmith

Veteran Member
Let see now, doesn't the Hyde amendment say no federal money for abortions.
Seems to me if you are using federal land that the expense of maintaing that land is payed for by taxpayers.
I'm sure that a lawsuit we be brought against any abortion clinic on federal land.
But I have been wrong before, I think I tilted a pinball machine back in the 50's.:)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Let see now, doesn't the Hyde amendment say no federal money for abortions.
Seems to me if you are using federal land that the expense of maintaing that land is payed for by taxpayers.
I'm sure that a lawsuit we be brought against any abortion clinic on federal land.
But I have been wrong before, I think I tilted a pinball machine back in the 50's.:)
How much land maintenance would a medical tent on BLM land entail?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My child is not my child?
That's my DNA. Why would she suddenly become my child upon birth but not before?
The stupid lengths people will go to to deny the truth just amaze me.
It's not a child; not a person. It's a fœtus.

Other than species, what qualities does it possess that would give it a claim to moral consideration? It's not even a sentient being.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
It's not a child; not a person.
He or she is certainly a person. Legally too. If you kill a pregnant woman you can be charged with a double homicide.
And you didn't explain why she would not be my child during the entire development. Men who wanted children are affected by abortion also.
And BTW it seems that the left suddenly knows what a woman is again. Weird.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I wonder if those who want abortions outlawed are willing to pay higher taxes to take care of all these children and their mothers who may need help? I've seen no evidence thus far that they would.