• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Open Abortion Clinics on Federal Lands!

Should Biden have abortion clinics opened on federal lands?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Maybe/Unsure.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why don't you'all just wait and see what your State laws are on abortions before going off the deep end.
It's fun to speculate.
As for the deep end....that belongs to those
who think abortions are "murdering babies".

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
"Tell Joe Biden: Open Abortion Clinics on Federal Lands"

"We will be delivering this petition to the White House, so we want as many people to sign as possible. Please add your name and share this page with family and friends."

PETITION TEXT:

" On Friday, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, undermining a half century of precedent behind our fundamental rights to an abortion and bodily autonomy. We have to take immediate, bold action to ensure people can get the care they need in the wake of this dangerous ruling. Today we are calling on President Biden and the White House to take executive action to open abortion clinics on federal lands. This small step could help expand access to life-saving abortion care for people in all 50 states."

Tell Joe Biden: Open Abortion Clinics on Federal Lands | Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Congress (ocasiocortez.com)

open-graph.jpg
And they will be promptly dismantled when a Republican president inevitably comes to power in the future.
USA is a farce I tell you.

Heyo

Veteran Member
And they will be promptly dismantled when a Republican president inevitably comes to power in the future.
USA is a farce I tell you.
I don't think that executive order is meant to fix the abortion problem. It is a momentary solution for women who are unwanted pregnant now. It saves their right immediately even if the order gets overturned or ruled unconstitutional later.
It doesn't mean that there doesn't have to be a right to bodily autonomy at the highest possible level, ideally an Amendment. But that takes time, time a lot of women don't have.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
I suppose military doctors could provide them on base.

This is the most sensible solution, bypass state medical license shenanigans.
Those states lacking a base or adequate VA hospital could have portable facilities
(pre-fab or such) put on Fed land somewhere.

Problem, don't some states want to prosecute those who've gone elsewhere for procedures with
criminal charges? May need a system similar to witness protection plans as well.
Relocation assistance may be cheaper, help those who need it get the heck outa Dodge.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think that executive order is meant to fix the abortion problem. It is a momentary solution for women who are unwanted pregnant now. It saves their right immediately even if the order gets overturned or ruled unconstitutional later.
It doesn't mean that there doesn't have to be a right to bodily autonomy at the highest possible level, ideally an Amendment. But that takes time, time a lot of women don't have.
Yes I agree.
I was only commenting on the general tragic ridiculousness of the entire affair.

esmith

Veteran Member
Could not a military doctor licensed with a blue state practice surgery at a military hospital in a red state?
Military doctors are members of the military and the Hyde amendment comes into play.
In addition access to military bases are restricted.
In addition 26% of military doctors do not have a license, I was wrong in saying they had to be licensed. But that is a moot point given the above.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Because it shouldn't matter what the state's rights on abortion are. Abortion shouldn't be any more a state issue than slavery is.

Not at present, no. Military does not provide abortions for active, vets or their family because, as has been said, federal funds can't be used for abortion. Not unless we overturn Hyde, and abortion is more likely to get banned federally than that happening.

Again, may as well spend that money giving women ways out of the state or fight to end state bans all together.

That might be something to overturn then.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Legal but would it be enough to make President Biden popular with progressives? Also, rather than a protest this would be an imposition by the president, so it would be a fascist action.

You'd need to clear this with the EPA and other environmental control laws would have to be comforted.

Military bases and places already used as offices would be a better choice than national parks.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
open-abortion-clinics-on-federal-lands

I expect that every effort possible will be made to make safe, legal abortion available to everybody who wants it. This is one approach, the federal government. It has been suggested that Indian reservations open clinics. The military and the DOJ have already announced that they will support abortion rights, many employers have already announced that they will pay travel and boarding expenses for employees, their spouses, and their dependents on their insurance plans, and there will surely be charities sprouting up to shuttle women to abortion providers. Attorney's general of many pro-choice states have already said that they will not prosecute or support the prosecutions of people coming to their states for abortions whatever the originating state legislates.