• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only one way ? Only one path ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When it says " IT is finished " What is the ' IT ' . At the end of building a house i say ' it is finished ' , but thats all I mean . I don't mean I've retired, from building another house , or doing the garden or the access road , or finished moving ect .
If a builder builds a house for you and he finished building it, he does not come back and do more work unless the work he did on your house has issues in which case he will "come back" and address those issues. When Jesus died on the cross for the sins and inequities of humanity that job was done right so Jesus does not have to address any issues.

Jesus never said He had any "more work" to do in this world, He said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. You cannot get much clearer than that.

John 17 King James Version (KJV)

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John1.12

Free gift
If a builder builds a house for you and he finished building it, he does not come back and do more work unless the work he did on your house has issues in which case he will "come back" and address those issues. When Jesus died on the cross for the sins and inequities of humanity that job was done right so Jesus does not have to address any issues.

Jesus never said He had any "more work" to do in this world, He said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. You cannot get much clearer than that.

John 17 King James Version (KJV)

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. Yes THE work ( which work ? The atonement) Not ALL work ,But THE work he was sent to do . Raising himself from the dead was more work HE had to do also .
John 2
19¶Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20¶Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21¶But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. Yes THE work ( which work ? The atonement) Not ALL work ,But THE work he was sent to do . Raising himself from the dead was more work HE had to do also .
John 2
19¶Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20¶Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21¶But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
Even of Jesus rose from the dead, which I don't believe, that does not constitute "more work."

"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Jesus did not say that the temple was His body, someone else said that Jesus was speaking of His body.
Details matter.

John1.12

Free gift
Even of Jesus rose from the dead, which I don't believe, that does not constitute "more work."

"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Jesus did not say that the temple was His body, someone else said that Jesus was speaking of His body.
Details matter.
Destroy this temple, and in three days I !!!!!!!!! will raise it up." I !!!! WILL .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Destroy this temple, and in three days I !!!!!!!!! will raise it up." I !!!! WILL .
But Jesus did not say that the temple was His body.

Look at the verses below and please note that Jesus did not say that the temple He was referring to was His body. The verse says But he spake of the temple of his body. The verse does not say But I spake of the temple of my body. Christians assumed that Jesus meant His body because they have confirmation bias, since they already believed what they were taught, that Jesus rose from the dead.

John 2

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Baha'is believe that the Temple Jesus was referring to was the Word of God.

Baha'u'llah has explained to all that await a 3rd temple, or the rebuild of a temple:

".... Thus have We built the Temple with the hands of power and might, could ye but know it. This is the Temple promised unto you in the Book. Draw ye nigh unto it. This is that which profiteth you, could ye but comprehend it. Be fair, O peoples of the earth! Which is preferable, this, or a temple which is built of clay? Set your faces towards it. Thus have ye been commanded by God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Follow ye His bidding, and praise ye God, your Lord, for that which He hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, is the Truth. No God is there but He. He revealeth what He pleaseth, through His words “Be and it is”.

The 3 day period is a time of turmoil where the Disciples needed Faith to carry on, the body of Jesus had gone and they needed to find Faith in Spirit to carry on with what Jesus the Christ had instructed them to do.

That is a logical explanation, given by Abdu’l-Baha in the Baha'i Writings.

John1.12

Free gift
But Jesus did not say that the temple was His body.

Look at the verses below and please note that Jesus did not say that the temple He was referring to was His body. The verse says But he spake of the temple of his body. The verse does not say But I spake of the temple of my body. Christians assumed that Jesus meant His body because they have confirmation bias, since they already believed what they were taught, that Jesus rose from the dead.

John 2

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Baha'is believe that the Temple Jesus was referring to was the Word of God.

Baha'u'llah has explained to all that await a 3rd temple, or the rebuild of a temple:

".... Thus have We built the Temple with the hands of power and might, could ye but know it. This is the Temple promised unto you in the Book. Draw ye nigh unto it. This is that which profiteth you, could ye but comprehend it. Be fair, O peoples of the earth! Which is preferable, this, or a temple which is built of clay? Set your faces towards it. Thus have ye been commanded by God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Follow ye His bidding, and praise ye God, your Lord, for that which He hath bestowed upon you. He, verily, is the Truth. No God is there but He. He revealeth what He pleaseth, through His words “Be and it is”.

The 3 day period is a time of turmoil where the Disciples needed Faith to carry on, the body of Jesus had gone and they needed to find Faith in Spirit to carry on with what Jesus the Christ had instructed them to do.

That is a logical explanation, given by Abdu’l-Baha in the Baha'i Writings.
Have you considered that bahas writings are false? Because just a simple read of the bible certainly reveals that Jesus raised himself from the dead , Along with the Father and the Holy Spirit .
The Mormons have this idea also that the bible is faithful where ever its translated correctly. In other words ," We believe the bible so long as it agrees with our theology, where it doesn't, this must be where the text was corrupted " . How convenient. The Muslims do the same. They will quote a verse out of context to try affirm what they teach . They will say ,yes we believe that verse . But when there is a verse that contradicts what they believe, they will say , oh thats where the bible was corrupted . How convenient. Your doing the same. All religions do this . Catholics do this with ' tradition ' plus the bible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus said in John 14.6
6¶Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This and many other things Jesus said make it clear that all other religions , ways, paths , practices, ect are not the way ,the truth or the life .
Now this of course begs the question that the bible is true ect . But many seem to try make the bible or Jesus words fit other religions , beliefs and practices, as if its all just another way of coming to the same God .
Thoughts?
( Ps ,yes I am a Christian)

I believe in context one has to look back at the question "Where are you going?" to understand what he means by "the way."

Muffled

Jesus in me
Dear @Barry Johnson

If an interpretation of spiritual scripture encourages exclusion, separation, self-righteousness, intolerance, hatred, etc; one ought to assume that it is mistaken.

Christ depicts a perspective on being. He represents the concept of a life in humility and selfless service to [all] others. That - not a particular church or book - is said to be the only way to [unity in] God.

Any interpretation that promotes a way of life opposed to that ideal must be a misinterpretation.

Humbly
Hermit

I believe it is God's way or the highway to Hell.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Have you considered that bahas writings are false? Because just a simple read of the bible certainly reveals that Jesus raised himself from the dead , Along with the Father and the Holy Spirit .
No, I have never considered that they are false in the over 50 years that I have been a Baha'i because I have always known that Baha'u'llah was who He claimed to be. I know because He provided evidence to back up His claims.

A simple read of the Bible shows that men wrote stories that say that Jesus rose from the dead, that is all it shows. Anyone can write a story but a story is no proof that anything in that story ever took place.

There is no verifiable evidence that Jesus ever rose from the dead, only stories. Stories were written and gullible people believed the stories. By contrast, there is verifiable evidence of what Baha'u'llah did on His earthly mission and what He wrote in His own pen has been verified to be authentic.

John1.12

Free gift
No, I have never considered that they are false in the over 50 years that I have been a Baha'i because I have always known that Baha'u'llah was who He claimed to be. I know because He provided evidence to back up His claims.

A simple read of the Bible shows that men wrote stories that say that Jesus rose from the dead, that is all it shows. Anyone can write a story but a story is no proof that anything in that story ever took place.

There is no verifiable evidence that Jesus ever rose from the dead, only stories. Stories were written and gullible people believed the stories. By contrast, there is verifiable evidence of what Baha'u'llah did on His earthly mission and what He wrote in His own pen has been verified to be authentic.
That's a silly thing to say . How else would we know about Jesus? Video's? Face book ? It was 2000 years ago .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's a silly thing to say . How else would we know about Jesus? Video's? Face book ? It was 2000 years ago .
We know about Jesus from the New Testament, but that is not verifiable evidence that Jesus did everything that has been attributed to Him in the New Testament.

The historical reliability of the Gospels refers to the reliability and historic character of the four New Testament gospels as historical documents. While all four canonical gospels contain some sayings and events which may meet one or more of the five criteria for historical reliability used in biblical studies,[Notes 1] the assessment and evaluation of these elements is a matter of ongoing debate.[Notes 2][1][2][3][4] Almost all scholars of antiquity agree that a human Jesus existed,[5][6][7][8] but scholars differ on the historicity of specific episodes described in the biblical accounts of Jesus,[9] and the only two events subject to "almost universal assent" are that Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist and was crucified by the order of the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate.[10][11][12] Elements whose historical authenticity is disputed include the two accounts of the Nativity of Jesus, the miraculous events including the resurrection, and certain details about the crucifixion.[13][14][15][16][17][18]

Historical reliability of the Gospels - Wikipedia

By contrast, we know about Baha'u'llah from what has been recorded in recent history, and that can be verified by historical accounts of the life of Baha'u'llah.