• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only one way ? Only one path ?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Jesus was the only Savior because that was His mission, but Jesus was not the only Messenger of God that ever existed.
The mission of Jesus ended when Jesus died on the cross.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

We do not need to be saved anymore because we are already saved.
Time marches on, it does not stand still.
God had sent three Messengers since Jesus with other missions to accomplish.
I think you do know what evangelical/literalist/fundamentalist Christians believe, but you act as if you don't... or maybe you don't want to get into that debate. But that debate is where we need to go. Why is there sin in the world? Well, because stupid Adam and Eve were deceived by a serpent who some Christians believe was really Satan and they ate of the forbidden fruit. God then cursed the Earth, the serpent and Adam and Eve. So sin and death now entered the world. They say the problem is... we can never be good enough. We are always going to keep sinning. But God thought of a great idea... He'd send his only Son to be a sacrifice for us and pay the penalty for our sins... a penalty we could never pay. Some day, when Jesus returns, he will gather his people and destroy Satan along with all the people that don't follow and believe in him.

If what they believe is true, then, even today, we still need a Savior. You and I are still lost in our sins. But you and I don't believe any of that. But that is only the beginning. We don't believe most all of the Genesis stories. We don't believe lots of the stories in the rest of the Bible. When we get to the Christian NT, we don't believe that either. We do we believe that all those miracles really happened? Heck no. Did Jesus come alive again? No way. What do we really know about the life and teachings of Jesus? Only what some of his followers wrote. Do we and can we trust them? No, even Baha'is have a quote that says the NT and the Bible are not 100% authentic and that it definitely can't be taken literally.

You and I are million miles away from what those kinds of Christians believe. Those Christians do take it as literal as possible. If the Bible says God spoke with Adam then it happened. If it seas the seas parted and the people crossed on dry land... they did. And if it says Jesus rose from the dead... he did. And if it says we are all lost in our sin and the only way to be saved is through Jesus... then we are.

The Baha'i Faith has some great teachings. It is a great way to get people from different religions, different cultures to come together and be one. All they have to do is reject any religious teachings they have that contradict the Baha'i Faith. All they have to do if they were Christians is to quit believing the Bible so literally. Forget the devil and sin and hell and the resurrection and anything else that blocks them from accepting the Baha'i truth. All they have to do is believe Jesus is physically dead and not ever coming back. And that the all those stories in the Bible are allegorical. Then we can all live as one. Under one wonderful world wide religion.

I can't understand why they can't see that? But wasn't it you that said the Baha'i Faith isn't better, just different? Then what's so wrong about them being different? I know, I know... it is because each of you does believe their religion is better and that the religion, or at least what is believed by some people in that other religion, is wrong.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Baha'i Faith has some great teachings. It is a great way to get people from different religions, different cultures to come together and be one. All they have to do is reject any religious teachings they have that contradict the Baha'i Faith. All they have to do if they were Christians is to quit believing the Bible so literally. Forget the devil and sin and hell and the resurrection and anything else that blocks them from accepting the Baha'i truth. All they have to do is believe Jesus is physically dead and not ever coming back. And that the all those stories in the Bible are allegorical. Then we can all live as one. Under one wonderful world wide religion.

I can't understand why they can't see that?
They cannot see that because they have blinders on, like a horse in a pasture. They have been completely brainwashed to believe in the false doctrines of Christianity. There, I said it. But it is more than that, they want what Christianity is peddling, the love of Jesus, a free ride to heaven, Jesus coming back in the clouds to rescue them and destroy everyone else.... Naw, who would want to be a Baha'i and do all that is required of us when we can have have a free ride to heaven and be saved to boot. So as long as they can maintain such a belief, why wouldn't they? After all, who gives a damn about the other 70% of the world population that are going to hell? And what does it matter that Baha'u'llah could actually be God speaking again in this age? Who needs God when they are saved by the blood of Jesus?
But wasn't it you that said the Baha'i Faith isn't better, just different? Then what's so wrong about them being different? I know, I know... it is because each of you does believe their religion is better and that the religion, or at least what is believed by some people in that other religion, is wrong.
I never denied that I believe that the Baha'i Faith is better for this age. After all, if it is the religion that God wants everyone to follow it has to be better in that sense. Is a new car better than an old car that is faling apart, doesn't even run and cannot be repaired? How are we going to get anywhere in that car?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But God thought of a great idea... He'd send his only Son to be a sacrifice for us and pay the penalty for our sins... a penalty we could never pay. Some day, when Jesus returns, he will gather his people and destroy Satan along with all the people that don't follow and believe in him.

If what they believe is true, then, even today, we still need a Savior. You and I are still lost in our sins.
Why would we still need a Savior of we have already been saved?
Why would we still be lost in our sins if we were saved by the blood of Jesus?
No, we do not need a Savior anymore because it's been done.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Christians just cannot face that reality that their religion has faded into the sunset so they keep waiting for Jesus to return and vindicate them. Problem is Jesus said that He was not coming back to the world and His work was finished here. All religions have a beginning and an ending, it is called a dispensation, and the Baha'i Faith will end too when the next Messenger of God comes.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Dear @Barry Johnson

If an interpretation of spiritual scripture encourages exclusion, separation, self-righteousness, intolerance, hatred, etc; one ought to assume that it is mistaken.

Christ depicts a perspective on being. He represents the concept of a life in humility and selfless service to [all] others. That - not a particular church or book - is said to be the only way to [unity in] God.

Any interpretation that promotes a way of life opposed to that ideal must be a misinterpretation.

Humbly
Hermit

Beautifully and so truthfully put. If only all could appreciate that passage in this spirit we might have world peace.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Jesus said in John 14.6
6¶Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This and many other things Jesus said make it clear that all other religions , ways, paths , practices, ect are not the way ,the truth or the life .
Now this of course begs the question that the bible is true ect . But many seem to try make the bible or Jesus words fit other religions , beliefs and practices, as if its all just another way of coming to the same God .
Thoughts?
( Ps ,yes I am a Christian)

The ‘I’ Jesus speaks of is, I believe not His Personality but His qualities such as humility, selflessness, love for all, truthfulness and sacrifice, for it is through practising these things we become nearer to God not by the worship of personalities, images or statues. To live a godly life, as Christ did, brings us closer to God.

John1.12

Free gift
The ‘I’ Jesus speaks of is, I believe not His Personality but His qualities such as humility, selflessness, love for all, truthfulness and sacrifice, for it is through practising these things we become nearer to God not by the worship of personalities, images or statues. To live a godly life, as Christ did, brings us closer to God.
All of those things don't mean anything unless you recieve Jesus and are sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
All of those things don't mean anything unless you recieve Jesus and are sealed by the Holy Spirit.
@Barry Johnson may i ask if you believe the bible 100% literally? or does it happen you see more wisdom within the words and realize that being a believer is more than just a belief?
Can a Christian person live his/her life in any way shape or form because Jesus took away every sin that this person may do in life?
I dont ask to say you are wrong or right, i ask because when i read your answers in different threads, i struggle to understand you.

John1.12

Free gift
@Barry Johnson may i ask if you believe the bible 100% literally? or does it happen you see more wisdom within the words and realize that being a believer is more than just a belief?
Can a Christian person live his/her life in any way shape or form because Jesus took away every sin that this person may do in life?
I dont ask to say you are wrong or right, i ask because when i read your answers in different threads, i struggle to understand you.
It depends what mean by ' literally ' ? Like for instance Jesus said " I am the door " ect of course I don't take that to mean he has hinges and is made of wood lol . When a person recieves Jesus John 1.12 and is sealed by the Holy Spirit ,because his sins have been paid for and is now redeemed , forgiven, cannot be lost , his life has changed . Is he perfect? No Will he stumble ? Inevitably. If He stumbles does he lose his salvation? No .

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It depends what mean by ' literally ' ? Like for instance Jesus said " I am the door " ect of course I don't take that to mean he has hinges and is made of wood lol . When a person recieves Jesus John 1.12 and is sealed by the Holy Spirit ,because his sins have been paid for and is now redeemed , forgiven, cannot be lost , his life has changed . Is he perfect? No Will he stumble ? Inevitably. If He stumbles does he lose his salvation? No .
Thank you for taking your time to answering my question, It helped me to understand you in a better way :)

John1.12

Free gift
Dear Barry Johnson

Without quoting scripture in this response, please; in your own words, what is it that X shall do to “receive Jesus” and be “sealed by the Holy Spirit”? How shall X do this?

Humbly
Hermit
Believe the Gospel . Which is that Jesus died for your sins . Believe in the sacrifice ,the atonement. Then a person after trusting on Jesus for their salvation receives Jesus and is sealed by the Holy Spirit .

John1.12

Free gift
Why would we still need a Savior of we have already been saved?
Why would we still be lost in our sins if we were saved by the blood of Jesus?
No, we do not need a Savior anymore because it's been done.

Christians just cannot face that reality that their religion has faded into the sunset so they keep waiting for Jesus to return and vindicate them. Problem is Jesus said that He was not coming back to the world and His work was finished here. All religions have a beginning and an ending, it is called a dispensation, and the Baha'i Faith will end too when the next Messenger of God comes.
When it says " IT is finished " What is the ' IT ' . At the end of building a house i say ' it is finished ' , but thats all I mean . I don't mean I've retired, from building another house , or doing the garden or the access road , or finished moving ect .

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Believe the Gospel . Which is that Jesus died for your sins . Believe in the sacrifice ,the atonement.

Yep, yep, I get that.

But this bit, Barry Johnson:

.../receives Jesus and is sealed by the Holy Spirit .

Are you able to describe the “receiving” and “sealing” bit, please? How does X receive Jesus and become sealed by the Holy Spirit?

Sorry to be thick btw.

Humbly
Hermit

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Jesus said in John 14.6
6¶Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This and many other things Jesus said make it clear that all other religions , ways, paths , practices, ect are not the way ,the truth or the life .
Now this of course begs the question that the bible is true ect . But many seem to try make the bible or Jesus words fit other religions , beliefs and practices, as if its all just another way of coming to the same God .
Thoughts?
( Ps ,yes I am a Christian)

That message should have been in the synoptics, not just John. Each gospel writer(s) had a certain audience they were writing to, so the focuses are different. John was the last written and more mystical than the others. The focus is different from the synoptics. The problem is when folks take one specific verse and make a whole theology about it, leaving out the verses that conflict.

Last edited: