• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only one way ? Only one path ?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
“I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life.” Three absolutes; no indefinite articles. Mohammed may be “a” way, and Yoga may be “a” way, and Catholicism and Judaism may be “ways” Mary wouldn’t dare say that. Mohammed wouldn’t dare say that. Buddha wouldn’t dare say that. No one in the UN would dare say that. Not even Idi Amin, Jim Jones, Pastor Russell, Joe Smith, Judge Russell, Madam Blavatsky, Adolph Hitler, or any Catholic Pope, cardinal, or archbishop would dare say that. And if any of them did, no one but a half-crazy nut would believe them.
Read the context. “I AM the way...”

74x12

Jesus said in John 14.6
6¶Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This and many other things Jesus said make it clear that all other religions , ways, paths , practices, ect are not the way ,the truth or the life .
Now this of course begs the question that the bible is true ect . But many seem to try make the bible or Jesus words fit other religions , beliefs and practices, as if its all just another way of coming to the same God .
Thoughts?
( Ps ,yes I am a Christian)
Yes Jesus is literally the resurrection. If anyone wants to live forever there is no other way.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Jesus said in John 14.6
6¶Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This and many other things Jesus said make it clear that all other religions , ways, paths , practices, ect are not the way ,the truth or the life .
Now this of course begs the question that the bible is true ect . But many seem to try make the bible or Jesus words fit other religions , beliefs and practices, as if its all just another way of coming to the same God .
Thoughts?
( Ps ,yes I am a Christian)
Consciousness. Humans.

Natural human first.
Origin as a human first.
Spiritual aware first before science theism.

Says. My first father of all humans is deceased. He died as a loving healthy human life naturally. Natural death. Lived life recorded image. Spirit voice.

Heard in heavens. Was recorded. I know my purpose man and human spiritual by his life.

An atmospheric proved introduced encoded human designed machine state. Image human voice recording.

Our life after ice age.
First human life returned not a scientist.
Science was heard by man speaking heavenly voices.

Status you were taught.

Father deceased.

Jesus man sacrificed. Baby to man adult.

You will find out yourselves by my sacrificed man life of your belief in occult sciences nuclear and die. Hearing father's voice and seeing his images not naturally.

So we do.

Lots of humans as a huge increase now psychic hear voices see images get messages.

We see all Jesus man life bodies in cloud imaged. See occult UFO also in clouds.

Life becoming greatly sacrificed shows its signs. Pre taught already.

Mental instability hearing of voices by greater life harm increases also. Noticed human life changing advice.

Constant light owned by immaculate gases burning.

Half immaculate burns.

Science not owner natural light life is.

Science infers light constant to Alchemy first. How to get a gas spirit out of stone dusts.

Never natural light constant. Was magic as science.

Burnt out cold light gas cooled Phi fallout that natural had cooled.

Why life was harmed.

Reason. Heavens is natural mass owned all natural gas spirits.

Supported yet saved life attacked as it is not sciences constant.

Science owned the attack only.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Yes Jesus is literally the resurrection. If anyone wants to live forever there is no other way.
Life sacrificed was resurrected.

Returned by nuclear temple pyramid sciences a teaching. Life sacrificed of the new born human baby returned by ice remassing. Nuclear stable state.

DNA gone removed back to sick in human life. Lost human healed evolution cells.

The sacrifice resurrected again.

Ice allowed Phi ground signs to exist crop circles. Crops grown get attacked. Flattened pressure change more gases burning.

Life exists first the proof.
Previous God stone signs all life destroyed burnt into stone.

Light gas burning in heavens womb vacuum. Natural light. Light spirit sacrifice in a gas. Not in a human.

Resurrected gas spirit alight burning came out of the God stone. Not where natural light exists.

Why life was sacrificed.

Water above our heads cooled radiation fallout.

It could not cool God ground released new radiation sink holes. Gases burning inside God body.

Removal of original sin. Owned by God. The body of sin once burning. Planet. Science teaching.

God spirit cold gases entombed as stone. God's spirit holy deceased.
Sin x. K opened new sin as holes. Spirit gone. Gases released a science teaching.

How your image human gets put into a burning gas state as water previously owned gets abducted by fallout. How massive ice melt of earths newly born ice remassing was used to put cold images into clouds.

Human said new born ice saved me. It melts. Water put back. An advice only.

We lost returning replaced win Ter ice cooling. Newly born ever year. Ice melts.

A human teaching why sacrificed life as sick humans exists when natural evolution cooling should have healed us.

If crop circles were not seen two conditions notified.

Cooling would have eradicated radiation fall out.
Humans would be one hundred percent healthy.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus said in John 14.6

Thoughts?
The claim is certainly incompatible with the Tanakh, hence with the Jewish religion, where the God of Judaism requires no intermediary.

And equally, Jesus has none of the qualifications of a Jewish messiah, being neither a civil, military or religious leader of the Jews nor anointed by the Jewish priesthood.

John1.12

Free gift
The claim is certainly incompatible with the Tanakh, hence with the Jewish religion, where the God of Judaism requires no intermediary.

And equally, Jesus has none of the qualifications of a Jewish messiah, being neither a civil, military or religious leader of the Jews nor anointed by the Jewish priesthood.
Well they missed the point Of the prophecies having two comings . Isaiah 53 they don't like reading that one so much even today .

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well they missed the point Of the prophecies having two comings . Isaiah 53 they don't like reading that one so much even today .
The idea that any part of the Tanakh refers to or prophesies Jesus is untenable ─ though starting with the gospels it's been a favorite Christian claim.

Indeed, such was the enthusiasm of the author of Matthew that he invented a Roman census and further invented a condition that you had to go back to your native town to register ─ both things are unhistorical ─ the aim being to claim Jesus was born in Bethlehem so he could be said to "fulfill" Micah 5:2; and the same author also invented the equally unhistorical "Massacre of the Innocents" so he could get Jesus to "come out of Egypt" and "fulfill" Hosea 11.1. And that's just a tiny sample.

And as I think I mentioned, there's no sense in which Jesus fits the Jewish concept of a messiah.

exchemist

Veteran Member
“I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life.” Three absolutes; no indefinite articles. Mohammed may be “a” way, and Yoga may be “a” way, and Catholicism and Judaism may be “ways” Mary wouldn’t dare say that. Mohammed wouldn’t dare say that. Buddha wouldn’t dare say that. No one in the UN would dare say that. Not even Idi Amin, Jim Jones, Pastor Russell, Joe Smith, Judge Russell, Madam Blavatsky, Adolph Hitler, or any Catholic Pope, cardinal, or archbishop would dare say that. And if any of them did, no one but a half-crazy nut would believe them.
With half-crazy nuts somewhat in mind, do I take it, from your list, that you think Catholics are not Christians? ;)

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
With half-crazy nuts somewhat in mind, do I take it, from your list, that you think Catholics are not Christians? ;)
Well, given that @Barry Johnson has already indicated that Jews are a spiritually blind, spiritually ignorant, and spiritually stupid lot who are unable to understand their own scripture and given that, on first impression, he does not appear to be a fount of information regarding Judaism, it would not surprise me if he does not consider Catholics to be Christians.

John1.12

Free gift
Well, given that @Barry Johnson has already indicated that Jews are a spiritually blind, spiritually ignorant, and spiritually stupid lot who are unable to understand their own scripture and given that, on first impression, he does not appear to be a fount of information regarding Judaism, it would not surprise me if he does not consider Catholics to be Christians.
Slight misrepresentation here .

John1.12

Free gift
Some Catholics will possibly be Christians in spite of them attending a Catholic Church, inspite of the theology . But Catholicism is not biblical.

PruePhillip

Dear @Barry Johnson

If an interpretation of spiritual scripture encourages exclusion, separation, self-righteousness, intolerance, hatred, etc; one ought to assume that it is mistaken.

Christ depicts a perspective on being. He represents the concept of a life in humility and selfless service to [all] others. That - not a particular church or book - is said to be the only way to [unity in] God.

Any interpretation that promotes a way of life opposed to that ideal must be a misinterpretation.

Humbly
Hermit

Trouble is - Jesus was both humble and judgmental, forgiving and wrathful, tolerant
and intolerant. People adopt the parts of Jesus that suits them and that is not good.
In the Old Testament the Hebrews in Egypt took the male lamb and kept it in their
midst for three days till they bonded - then that lamb was to be eaten WHOLE, not
just the choice cuts. That's what is expected of us in reading of the Lamb of God -
partaking of all of Him.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well ....as if we could draw a line of exclusion
and that line would be participation of a religion

I think not

what? no Jews in heaven?.......and Jesus was a Jew
He didn't act like one

no Muslims?......
I can't draw that line

no Christians?.....

how about this line?
Do unto others as you would have it done unto you

because it WILL be done unto you
as you have done unto others

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isaiah 53 is about the "Suffering Servant", the nation of Israel.

There are no prophecies of Jesus in the Tanakh. He simply doesn't qualify as a Jewish messiah, as I said.

There is, however, a great deal of engineering of the stories of Jesus to make them fit what their authors liked to think might be "messianic prophecies" ─ but that's a Christian problem, not one for Judaism.

John1.12

Free gift

There are no prophecies of Jesus in the Tanakh. He simply doesn't qualify as a Jewish messiah, as I said.

There is, however, a great deal of engineering of the stories of Jesus to make them fit what their authors liked to think might be "messianic prophecies" ─ but that's a Christian problem, not one for Judaism.
Yes I see christianity has been confused all these years perhaps . Like the apostles, and all the Jews including Paul for example

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes I see christianity has been confused all these years perhaps . Like the apostles, and all the Jews including Paul for example
Yes, that's fair comment.

Though it's proper to take the midrash tradition into account. This apparently arose among the Jews of Alexandria in the mid or later part of the 2nd cent BCE and had considerable popularity. The idea was, as a group activity, to take any verse of the Tanakh and imaginatively expound a new and different meaning for it ─ that is, deliberately to depart from the clear meaning of the text.

But as for the gospels, the first in time is Mark, and Mark can largely be mapped onto the Tanakh along these lines. Thus much or all of the document can be explained in this manner, perhaps originating with the author of Mark, or else his church group.

When we get to Matthew, things get seriously imaginative in places eg

Matthew 's author requires Mary to have been a virgin because the LXX in translating Isaiah 7:14 had rendered Hebrew 'almah, young woman, as Greek parthenos, virgin;

He invented the unhistoric 'Taxation Census' story to get Jesus to be born in Bethlehem to “fulfill” Micah 5:2

He invented the unhistoric 'Massacre of the Innocents' story to get Jesus into Egypt to “fulfill” Hosea 11.1.

He absurdly sat Jesus across a foal and a donkey to ride into Jerusalem "to fulfill prophecy" (Matthew 21:2-5) in Zechariah 9.9.​

That's enough to give you the flavor.

John1.12

Free gift

The wording of Isa 53 literally makes no sense if its Israel . There's no way if you just plainly read it ,is not talking about Jesus. Its as Plain as day . We'll unless theirs a veil over your eyes in the reading of the OT .

John1.12

Free gift
Yes, that's fair comment.

Though it's proper to take the midrash tradition into account. This apparently arose among the Jews of Alexandria in the mid or later part of the 2nd cent BCE and had considerable popularity. The idea was, as a group activity, to take any verse of the Tanakh and imaginatively expound a new and different meaning for it ─ that is, deliberately to depart from the clear meaning of the text.

But as for the gospels, the first in time is Mark, and Mark can largely be mapped onto the Tanakh along these lines. Thus much or all of the document can be explained in this manner, perhaps originating with the author of Mark, or else his church group.

When we get to Matthew, things get seriously imaginative in places eg

Matthew 's author requires Mary to have been a virgin because the LXX in translating Isaiah 7:14 had rendered Hebrew 'almah, young woman, as Greek parthenos, virgin;

He invented the unhistoric 'Taxation Census' story to get Jesus to be born in Bethlehem to “fulfill” Micah 5:2

He invented the unhistoric 'Massacre of the Innocents' story to get Jesus into Egypt to “fulfill” Hosea 11.1.

He absurdly sat Jesus across a foal and a donkey to ride into Jerusalem "to fulfill prophecy" (Matthew 21:2-5) in Zechariah 9.9.​

That's enough to give you the flavor.
Lol your literally using the atheists arguments. I'm sure everyone's going to the same website .