• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only Jesus adherents will attain salvation.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I guess you'd have to ask God about that. In Judaism, the general opinion is that we chose God as being the One and only, and He responded back.

The issue of the "Messiah" really ain't that simple.
^

This issue being addressed by myself is why did God choose Jews to be the "chosen", and there are various theories on this, but the one that tends to attract the most support is that we, through Abraham, chose to recognize and worship the One God.

^

Absolutely false. None of the Law applies to Gentiles as these were giving to Jews at Sinai and when we occupied Canaan. And the Law is the Law, and nowhere in Torah does it separate the Laws and claim that "ceremonial laws" need not be followed.

But again you resort to a double-standard, namely that you believe the Abrahamic Covenant was revoked by God because of our "unfaithfulness", and yet the same thing happened with Christianity and yet you keep on saying that God's "new covenant" with them is still valid.

Again, why would God remove the Abrahamic Covenant with us, especially since we were heavily punished if we violated too many of them, and then turn around and say that it was no longer necessary to follow the entire Law?

Your position literally makes not one iota of sense, especially it basically says that God is a homicidal maniac who is willing to punish and even allow people to be killed over the 613 Laws found in Torah that you say aren't really that important after all.

IOW, you keep trying to have it both ways, namely saying it's God's Law that must be followed, except when you say that it's really not that important to follow most of them because of the supposed "ceremonial laws".

So, please provide evidence from Torah or Tanakh that says "ceremonial laws" need not be followed or are optional, or admit that this all was just an invention from your JW leaders.

^

So, will you define what you mean by "God's Law", and then deal with why God gave the Law to Jews, told us to follow it, punished us if we didn't, but then supposedly turned around and then decided that the Law really wasn't really that important after all? You keep avoiding these questions, and I think it's pretty obvious why, namely that it makes not one iota of sense.

^

That is your prerogative. I thought that you practiced judaism, by the way, so not sure how you are fitting that statement into judaism.
^

I'm not, nor was I trying to.

Since you're making false accusations and also conflating "belief" with "facts", you simply are not the kind of person I want to

^

Hmmm

Muffled

Jesus in me
Exactly, so now all you have to do is to remember what you wrote above.

Oh, that's just too funny to even comment on. :mask:

I believe the NT writers are not historians but they are witnesses. They do write from their own perspective but the Holy Spirit is also helpful when they write bringing things back into their memory. It still amazes me that they can quote Jesus word for word.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
Only Jesus adherents will attain salvation.
We are told sometimes, that people who refused to accept Jesus, will somehow get a "second chance"at judgement. This seems highly unlikely, because of course that will "make"people "convert". It is a silly concept, aside from those who literally never got the oppurtunity. Scripture seems to back this, as well.

This isnt to say there cant be a second chance, but that is contextual
I do believe that only by trusting in and having faith in the resurrection of our Savior, can we be saved. He died to make us free. He deserves our worship and praise.
ronandcarol

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe the NT writers are not historians but they are witnesses.
All religions believe as such.

It still amazes me that they can quote Jesus word for word.
Since there were no recording systems back then, we cannot be certain that they quoted him accurately at all. My opinion is that I tend to think some quotes are likely accurate and some are not, and there's no way to tell which is which.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
We are told sometimes, that people who refused to accept Jesus, will somehow get a "second chance"at judgement. This seems highly unlikely, because of course that will "make"people "convert". It is a silly concept, aside from those who literally never got the oppurtunity. Scripture seems to back this, as well.

This isnt to say there cant be a second chance, but that is contextual
Who, other than Jesus adherents, would need salvation?