• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oneness

ranjana

it is knowing that there is no 'other'....

though i did read the OP asking for a personal understanding or experience, but the closest i can come with words is to say when there is no longer any 'experience'. only when i returned to my normal familiar state did i have a sense of difference.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Oneness can be realized but cannot be expressed.
We are all part of the same one.
Those in oneness expresses it through their being can only be felt by other beings but when put in words becomes falsification as Lao Tzu had mentioned.
Love & rgds

Ozzie

Oneness is a subject we hear about from time to time on RF but I was hoping to get some "bird's eye" views of what Oneness means to the members of RF. I am not particularly interested in what the old books have to say on the matter and am far more interested in hearing about this "concept" from a first hand perspective. So, please, do NOT cut and paste your answers as I would consider that to be akin to "cheating" or riding the coattails of another.
I can only give you a bird brain view.

Have you personally felt a state of being that can only be described as a state of Oneness?
Possibly
How did that experience change your perspective of yourself, God and Reality?
It stuck in my side as a perspective shift.
Did you emerge from the experience unchanged or unaffected by it?
No
Have you managed to duplicate the experience?
No
Have you managed to "hold" the experience?
Yes
How long did it/they last?
Not long

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Have you personally felt a state of being that can only be described as a state of Oneness?
Yes and no... that is the only answer.....

I abandonded my parents' religion...

Indeed, I emerged......

many times.....

I hold it as the only thing I know.... if one can know anything.....

How long did it/they last?
an eternity.....

If you wish and are not embarrassed you are welcome to describe your own appointment(s) with "Oneness".

Paul... oneness is a concept indeed. If one can let go of duality, they will understand ONENESS.....

What then is Oneness? All perspectives have a view on it.... mine is different, and I hate to think of how other's view my concept of Monism, for I am a Monist.

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

For us Baha'is our most central teachings are what we call the "Three Onenesses":
  • The Oneness of God, Who is known by many different names in the various religions and cultures,
  • The oneness of humanity, who are all spiritual brothers and sisters, and
  • The common foundation of all the great religions, which are all stages in a single ever-evolving faith, the Faith of God!
Best! :)

Bruce

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Greetings! :)

For us Baha'is our most central teachings are what we call the "Three Onenesses":
  • The Oneness of God, Who is known by many different names in the various religions and cultures,
  • The oneness of humanity, who are all spiritual brothers and sisters, and
  • The common foundation of all the great religions, which are all stages in a single ever-evolving faith, the Faith of God!
Best! :)

Bruce
Greetings Bruce. Your 'three one's' are teachings certainly to be revered in the Baha'i religion. In addition, one knows that you cannot agree but from my perspective of the oneness subject of this thread the 'three' are one. :)

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Greetings. In the spirit of indicating further the expanding nature of oneness breaking into being, let me point towards a group dedicated to that purpose. Anyone heard of the endeavor "What is Enlightenment" now called "EnlightenNext?" Many of our current day Enlightened ones show up there in various ways.

Check it out at: EnlightenNext
and the magazine at: EnlightenNext: The Magazine for Evolutionaries - formerly What Is Enlightenment?
and webcasts at : EnlightenNext Webcasts
and some of the archive webcasts at: http://eeny.mypodcast.com/ (scroll down for the interview with Eckhart Tolle).

The heart spirit comes from Andrew Cohen who puts forward "Evolutionary Enlightenment": Official Site: Andrew Cohen - Spiritual Teacher and Founder of EnlightenNext

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Oneness is to be unified. ;)
Everyone has, there is Oneness at football matches, at parties, between a family, between mother and child.
For lots of us, we seek Oneness in many ways; our drive to congregate is due to seeking a sense of Oneness, to some how return to the completeness we feel within Heaven's Oneness.
Having a connection with the Divine Oneness is the source of all reality; someone unaffected by it, would be missing what it is.
Personally try to live that way, trying at every turn to be connected to the core of Oneness...

Often that is easier said than done down here, as the ego, and self get in the way, of the souls natural inclination to be connected.
Having had a NDE, and going to the core of reality, makes it easier to embrace....

Can explain it as well, where language isn't the obstacle, religious misunderstandings are; so feel free to ask any questions here. :innocent:

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Oneness is to be unified. ;)
Um, yes it is... hence the term...

Everyone has, there is Oneness at football matches, at parties, between a family, between mother and child.
While technically true, that sense of the word is very far from what is being discussed in the thread thus far. I do support the idea, however, that it is something everything has experienced to lesser and greater degrees.

For lots of us, we seek Oneness in many ways; our drive to congregate is due to seeking a sense of Oneness, to some how return to the completeness we feel within Heaven's Oneness.
Oddly, I've never equated the sensation of Oneness with Heaven.

Having a connection with the Divine Oneness is the source of all reality; someone unaffected by it, would be missing what it is.
While I pretty well poo poo the idea of Divinity itself, the sense myself and others are meaning in this discussion is perhaps the root of where ideas of Divinity originate.

Personally try to live that way, trying at every turn to be connected to the core of Oneness...

Often that is easier said than done down here, as the ego, and self get in the way, of the souls natural inclination to be connected.
But you are never separate... that's the catch-22 in the experience. Are you simply meaning to be more aware?

Having had a NDE, and going to the core of reality, makes it easier to embrace....
While NDE's are potentially quite enlightening, they also have a tendency to be draped in the religious fabric of the individual and so can be somewhat misleading if taken literally.

Can explain it as well, where language isn't the obstacle, religious misunderstandings are; so feel free to ask any questions here. :innocent:
Hehe.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
While technically true, that sense of the word is very far from what is being discussed in the thread thus far.
The simplicities of Oneness are what makes the Tao graceful, the Dharma flow; so by recognizing that Oneness can exists within everything, was the point. ;)
Oddly, I've never equated the sensation of Oneness with Heaven.
Have you looked at the Lokas; where they have levels of ascension, within Arupa-Loka it is like Heaven, and beyond.
the root of where ideas of Divinity originate.
The techno statement within the Thread was Most Excellent; like the person had transcended space and time, even followed them.

The roots of Divinity are similar to what Dr Michio Kaku says:
"The Mind of God is like cosmic music, resonating throughout, 11 dimensional hyperspace."

This can be transposed into other religions, as Yah-Avah spoke the word, Brahma breathed out Om; it is all forms of dynamic mathematically precise code .i.e the Matrix.

So from the Core of the Singularity (CPU), stems all energy within the reality; which means it is very high frequency consciousness (Divine).

As we come down here, the frequency of consciousness is lower vibration; due to the Self being mathematically 1, and thus heavy.
But you are never separate
Not met any Buddhas down here who can maintain equilibrium under all obstacles; think there are too many waves, to sit still in the boat.
Are you simply meaning to be more aware?
We can be highly aware, and not be Oneness all the time.

Oneness within, is a conscious choice. :heart:
religious fabric of the individual
Agreed, having watched, read, and questioned all sorts of NDE's, many are a perception based on someone's ideology....Why try to question all religions. :innocent: