• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is One
Mankind is One

I see the entire structure of creation shows a cohesive bond is necessary for growth, including the human mindset.

Thus diversity does not negate our essential oneness.

This is the link the following quote is from.

What Would Happen If Everyone Truly Believed Everything Is One?

Beautiful Minds - What Would Happen If Everyone Truly Believed Everything Is One?

Implications of a Belief in Oneness

".......People who believe that everything is fundamentally one differ in crucial ways from those who do not. In general, those who hold a belief in oneness have a more inclusive identity that reflects their sense of connection with other people, nonhuman animals, and aspects of nature that are all thought to be part of the same "one thing." This has some rather broad implications.

First, this finding is relevant to our current fractured political landscape. It is very interesting that those who reported a greater belief in oneness were also more likely to regard other people like members of their own group and to identify with all of humanity. There is an abundance of identity politics these days, with people believing that their own ideology is the best one, and a belief that those who disagree with one's own ideology are evil or somehow less than human....."

Is oneness compatible with Science?
Is oneness compatible with Religion?
Is oneness compatible with Humanity?

download.jpeg

Regards Tony

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
IMO, mankind is not one yet.
Maybe some time, in some far off future, we will assimilate, like the Borg.

Until then, we exist as separate individuals.

We can maybe imagine some ideal of oneness if it helps with compassion but the reality is that we are not. Not one with God, not one with each other.
Nothing stopping folks from believing otherwise though.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Gods are Many
Mankind is One

IMO

Yes I see why you would offer that.

I see our diversity of mind was part of survival of the fittest, to which we can now subdue for the survival of all.

When we do acknowledge that mankind is one, then we can contemplate our oneness in our own universe and then the oneness of all creation combined.

I believe this is the key to strong scientific understanding and discoveries, well beyond what our divided mind can produce.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
IMO, mankind is not one yet.
Maybe some time, in some far off future, we will assimilate, like the Borg.

Until then, we exist as separate individuals.

We can maybe imagine some ideal of oneness if it helps with compassion but the reality is that we are not. Not one with God, not one with each other.
Nothing stopping folks from believing otherwise though.

Yes there is no doubt we are not yet yet one in purpose, let alone mind.

I have always felt this oneness though, well before I was a Baha'i. As as a child in the 60's I lived in Malaysia, on Penang Island for 3 years and the diversity of faith was spectacular for young eyes, yet I never felt different from the local population. I was forever getting hidings for playing with the locals, apparently that was to dangerous, my father being in the Australian Airforce.

Thus 20 years later, when life had become being a full on individual, I found this oneness taught and it appears my heart found a home.

Then I started looking for it in all faiths, and behold, it is there, IMHO.

Crazy thing is, when shared, a lot of times it sparks our divisional tendicies? So oneness must logically be an individual choice, it can never be forced.

All the best, thanks for the response. Regards Tony

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The greatest miracle in my eyes is the day when Oneness is a living reality for humanity.

idea

Question Everything
"If you are a poet, you will see clearly that there is a cloud floating in this sheet of paper. Without a cloud, there will be no rain; without rain, the trees cannot grow: and without trees, we cannot make paper. The cloud is essential for the paper to exist. If the cloud is not here, the sheet of paper cannot be here either. So we can say that the cloud and the paper inter-are...." Thich Nhat Hanh

Imagine there's no heaven, Imagine there's no hell...

At death our energy and matter rejoin the universe, our birth a reorganization of the eternal elements :)

United in one heart, one mind, raindrops pulled from and returning to the same ocean - beautiful, the ultimate belief of love and connection to all.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"If you are a poet, you will see clearly that there is a cloud floating in this sheet of paper. Without a cloud, there will be no rain; without rain, the trees cannot grow: and without trees, we cannot make paper. The cloud is essential for the paper to exist. If the cloud is not here, the sheet of paper cannot be here either. So we can say that the cloud and the paper inter-are...." Thich Nhat Hanh

At death our energy and matter rejoin the universe, our birth a reorganization of the eternal elements :)

United in one heart, one mind, raindrops pulled from and returning to the same ocean - beautiful, the ultimate belief of love and connection to all.

It is indeed the soul of a poet to embrace the oneness. Here is one I wrote some time ago.

"One God One Faith"

One God, One Faith,
One Spirit, One Race,
One Promise, One Aim,
One Love, much to Gain,
One Vision, One End,
One purpose to comprehend.

World Unity now in Play,
One way to portray,
Teach One, Teach All,
To Teach now the call. (TBS23/11/2012)

Regards Tony

Sheldon

Veteran Member
God is One

Which deity, and what objective evidence can you demonstrate for it?

Mankind is One

As vague a claim as that is, it seems highly implausible.

I see the entire structure of creation shows a cohesive bond is necessary for growth, including the human mindset.

I see a begging the question fallacy, that uses the word "creation" in an unevidenced assumption.

Thus diversity does not negate our essential oneness.

I like oranges as they have segments. :rolleyes:

Try this link.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is this 'oneness' I hear of?

Where every person is seen as part of the one human family, in the beauty of our diversity, which can be seen as the flowers of one garden. Where each person has the same opportunity of receiving a good basic education, the fundamental necessities of life and the opportunity to pursue their full potential.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What does the Quran offer?

“O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single soul, created, of like nature, the mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.” (Quran 4:1)

“It is He Who hath produced you from a single soul: here is a place of sojourn and a place of departure: We detail Our signs for people who understand.” (Quran 6:98)

“It is He Who created you from a single soul, and made the mate of like nature, in order that he might dwell with her (in love). When they are united, she bears a light burden and carries it about (unnoticed). When she grows heavy, they both pray to Allah their Lord, (saying): If Thou gives us a goodly child, we vow we shall (ever) be grateful.” (Quran 7:189)

“He created you (all) from a single person: then created, of like nature, his mate; and he sent down for you eight head of cattle in pairs: He makes you, in the wombs of your mothers, in stages, one after another, in three veils of darkness. such is Allah, your Lord and Cherisher: to Him belongs (all) dominion. There is no god but He: then how are ye turned away (from your true Centre)?” (Quran 39:6)

There is definitely a theme of oneness there.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Where every person is seen as part of the one human family, in the beauty of our diversity, which can be seen as the flowers of one garden. Where each person has the same opportunity of receiving a good basic education, the fundamental necessities of life and the opportunity to pursue their full potential.

Regards Tony
Does it include atheists? Sinners? Gays, even though gay sex is forbidden?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
The greatest miracle in my eyes is the day when Oneness is a living reality for humanity.

The greatest miracle ever, is no different to the first miracle ever, as far as objective evidence to support it is concerned. When some objective evidence for any miracle is presented then I will examine it.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Yes indeed, what greater miracles are there than a change in heart to be all embracing.
You mean a change of mind, obviously, since your heart makes no decisions, and experiences no emotions. Changing one's mind is hardly miraculous. Or did you mean miracle as a woolly metaphor as well?

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Don't forget manure, nothing grows as well as it does with a liberal spreading of manure.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You mean a change of mind, obviously, since your heart makes no decisions, and experiences no emotions. Changing one's mind is hardly miraculous. Or did you mean miracle as a woolly metaphor as well?

Heart and mind can be one.

Regards Tony