• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oneness, peace and goodwill

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that a prejudice is ‘an attachment to an untruth’.

In this modern age where technology has provided the means for the different races, religions, cultures snd nationalities to mix and mingle, it would be I believe, irresponsible to foster any kind of prejudice especially online where it is read by an international audience spreading far and wide the seeds of enmity.

If used aright, RF can be a forum for reconciling the long time differences and misunderstanding between peoples, or it can be abused to further incite prejudice, bigotry and hostility towards one group or another.

There is good and bad across all societies. But mostly good I have found. So very often I am humbled by the goodness and kindness I come across daily.

I question myself more and more as to whether I am being generous and magnanimous enough in my posts about other races, religions, nationalities and groups as more often than not I see that it all too often falls short. In truth there is beauty and truth in all people.

I have some of most beautiful friends from all walks of life and there is so much goodness to celebrate in their diversity.

Peace to all.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If used aright, RF can be a forum for reconciling the long time differences and misunderstanding between peoples, or it can be abused to further incite prejudice, bigotry and hostility towards one group or another.
You mean the forum is not used aright? What would be the right way of using the forum - having only the writings of your Iranian preacher?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that a prejudice is ‘an attachment to an untruth’.

In this modern age where technology has provided the means for the different races, religions, cultures snd nationalities to mix and mingle, it would be I believe, irresponsible to foster any kind of prejudice especially online where it is read by an international audience spreading far and wide the seeds of enmity.

There is good and bad across all societies. But mostly good I have found. So very often I am humbled by the goodness and kindness I come across daily.

I question myself more and more as to whether I am being generous and magnanimous enough in my posts about other races, religions, nationalities and groups as more often than not I see that it all too often falls short. In truth there is beauty and truth in all people.

I have some of most beautiful friends from all walks of life and there is so much goodness to celebrate in their diversity.

Peace to all.

Seeing diversity with a common thread is different than seeing diversity with their own elephant or mountain to climb. I believe there is a huge difference and much of history has tried to make diversity under a one party system.

It's hard to live in harmony if there is only one "government" to define what that is.

In general, I don't see it impossible to be in harmony "with" diversity but not when diversity is defined by one definition of harmony.

My thoughts.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You mean the forum is not used aright? What would be the right way of using the forum - having only the writings of your Iranian preacher?

I mean that I think the potential of forums like this are not fully realised and can be a strong force for peace and reconciliation. It’s within all peoples reach to establish peace if they put aside their differences in a spirit of goodwill towards one another.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Differences will remain. The question is whether you can live with differences or not.
Or you think it is essential to bow to the uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher and be a Bahai?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I mean that I think the potential of forums like this are not fully realised and can be a strong force for peace and reconciliation. It’s within all peoples reach to establish peace if they put aside their differences in a spirit of goodwill towards one another.
This forum is miniscule. It probably has 1/1000, or less impact, than some people here seem to thing it has. It is statistically completely insignificant, approaching 0.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
@loverofhumanity Well, that'll teach you to suggest that we all should get along. :D

Seems to me some guy in the Middle East tried this a couple thousand years ago and they're still talking about what they did to him.

*Edit: then again maybe you'd have been better off posting this somewhere besides one of the debate forums.

People see something's posted in Debates and they feel obligated to disagree, even if you're talking about world peace.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
*Edit: then again maybe you'd have been better off posting this somewhere besides one of the debate forums.
People see something's posted in Debates and they feel obligated to disagree, even if you're talking about world peace.
Quagmire, this is because people like me feel that some people are less interested in peace than copy-posting the what their religious leader wrote. They have a forum for themselves but will post only in debate forums. Do they think that others cannot read between the lines?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
@loverofhumanity Well, that'll teach you to suggest that we all should get along. :D

Seems to me some guy in the Middle East tried this a couple thousand years ago and they're still talking about what they did to him.

I think it’s important that we are able to debate about beliefs and stuff while at the same time being friendly. And I often see we are able to do that here in a mature manner. The thing is not to agree with each other on everything but to accept each other for the way we are and I see that as the test of humanity. To get along despite our different perceptions.

I could post in my own forum but then how would I learn patience and tolerance? . It’s here that when others criticise my beliefs that I can learn to be a part of humanity and accept others for who they are.

To always accept that there’s a human being first behind every post and accept their content as the way they feel about things now.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It would satisfy me if something is posted in a debate thread, I knew what it was the OP wanted to debate. In most debates, the two sides are made clear from the outset.

Peace to all.

that’s nice you have lots of friends))happy for you))
Sometimes it can be really hard to be on good terms with those who totally disagree with you or hold different views.
Despite the fact,we come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, it’s really nice if people are united .
People need to be united by common goals. it’s much easier to do if we honour the God of the Bible and the Creator of all things.

If we do our best to apply some practical principles that help many friendships not only to survive rocky times but also to grow even stronger afterward.

The principles can be found in the Bible. It encourages us to cultivate qualities that promote peace and heal emotional wounds—qualities such as discernment, insight, kindness, love, and patience.—Proverbs 14:29;The one who is slow to anger has great discernment,[URL='https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/study-bible/books/proverbs/14/#v20014029']aBut the impatient one displays his foolishness.[/URL]

danieldemol

Premium Member
People need to be united by common goals. it’s much easier to do if we honour the God of the Bible and the Creator of all things.
I disagree, it is human to take the easy way, yet JWs are an insignificant sect.

This suggests to me that it is only the easy way when you have friends and family tied up with the JWs, for most other people who are free from such cultural coercion it is actually easier not to follow the JW God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Differences will remain. The question is whether you can live with differences or not.
Or you think it is essential to bow to the uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher and be a Bahai?
It is not essential to become a Baha'i but we can happily live with the differences if we believe what Baha'u'llah taught.

“Through each and every one of the verses which the Pen of the Most High hath revealed, the doors of love and unity have been unlocked and flung open to the face of men. We have erewhile declared—and Our Word is the truth—: “Consort with the followers of all religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship.” Whatsoever hath led the children of men to shun one another, and hath caused dissensions and divisions amongst them, hath, through the revelation of these words, been nullified and abolished. From the heaven of God’s Will, and for the purpose of ennobling the world of being and of elevating the minds and souls of men, hath been sent down that which is the most effective instrument for the education of the whole human race.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 95

And we can embrace the differences if we believe what Abdu'l-Baha said about the BEAUTY AND HARMONY IN DIVERSITY.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
”Whatsoever hath led the children of men to shun one another, and hath caused dissensions and divisions amongst them, hath, through the revelation of these words, been nullified and abolished. From the heaven of God’s Will, and for the purpose of ennobling the world of being and of elevating the minds and souls of men, hath been sent down that which is the most effective instrument for the education of the whole human race."
Then erase Bahai religion which leadeth the children of men to shun one another, and causeth dissensions and divisions amongst them. Hath not what the Iranian preacher sayeth causeth dissensions among Bahais on one hand and Zoroastrians, Jews, Christians, Sunnis, Shias, Hindus and Buddhists on the other hand? Time that Allah stopeth and does not sendeth these new, newer, newest missives. Does Allah not knoweth that there are many more religions out there than just these. Why does Allah singleth out these six? You thinketh, it is the most effective instrument, we differeth.
Baha'u'llah did not say any of that.
It is from your own quotes that I learneth this.

Last edited: