• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Year of Hinduism

carmenara

One Year of Hinduism
- by a lost sheep in delhi :)

It was a year starting in despair,
From mantras of the Mother Goddess my life would repair.
Decades in this world I felt alone,
Yet in temples far away I am always at home.

It was a year I learned to stand up against injustice
For friends and colleagues suffering under malice.
On the streets of Delhi they called "Jai Kali",
While back home my own kin says "chong nani?" (Where are you from?)

The clothes from across the ocean are what I don,
Those were our satyagraha for a new dawn.
On my birthday I followed Saraswati's dreams with a tale of duty and sacrifice,
Seeing the golden temples and immortal Kurukshetra would suffice.

"Can you wear that dress from Chennai?" a Hindustani company said.
"Unite the warring factions like the Princess of Jaipur," and our path to success was laid.

For we don't own the troubles of the past,
Use knowledge and wisdom to govern our trust.

And so for this one year, I had lost my fear.
In Jaipur I could not believe what I hear.

"Come and see your family, your past life beckons".
It will be like singing Aigiri Nandini for the first time, I reckon.
\

XoQTeQc.jpg

----------
A year ago I came to this forum seeking a little information, a little guidance on my first Hindu temple visit.
Today I performed the same New Year puja with a tale to tell. A story of finding the courage to fight injustice, gaining the knowledge to dispel the dirty politics, and then defending others from the same evils. For those who questioned me, wanted me back to my old meek and careless self, I told them I will not sacrifice my principles...

And as I held that thought my favorite deities appeared in the Hawan flame.

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One Year of Hinduism
- by a lost sheep in delhi :)

It was a year starting in despair,
From mantras of the Mother Goddess my life would repair.
Decades in this world I felt alone,
Yet in temples far away I am always at home.

It was a year I learned to stand up against injustice
For friends and colleagues suffering under malice.
On the streets of Delhi they called "Jai Kali",
While back home my own kin says "chong nani?" (Where are you from?)

The clothes from across the ocean are what I don,
Those were our satyagraha for a new dawn.
On my birthday I followed Saraswati's dreams with a tale of duty and sacrifice,
Seeing the golden temples and immortal Kurukshetra would suffice.

"Can you wear that dress from Chennai?" a Hindustani company said.
"Unite the warring factions like the Princess of Jaipur," and our path to success was laid.

For we don't own the troubles of the past,
Use knowledge and wisdom to govern our trust.

And so for this one year, I had lost my fear.
In Jaipur I could not believe what I hear.

"Come and see your family, your past life beckons".
It will be like singing Aigiri Nandini for the first time, I reckon.
\

XoQTeQc.jpg

----------
A year ago I came to this forum seeking a little information, a little guidance on my first Hindu temple visit.
Today I performed the same New Year puja with a tale to tell. A story of finding the courage to fight injustice, gaining the knowledge to dispel the dirty politics, and then defending others from the same evils. For those who questioned me, wanted me back to my old meek and careless self, I told them I will not sacrifice my principles...

And as I held that thought my favorite deities appeared in the Hawan flame.
Great to hear from you! :) :)

carmenara

Jaipur in March, to see the family that welcomed me to tell a tale of duty and sacrifice.
The tale that led me to do service to India in the months to come, and what brought me back to visit temples across Punjab and Kurukshetra last October.

I said if I did enough, learned enough, i will accept the invitation to stay in that house of Jaipur.
They told me, please come back and see "my" family. They remembered the time I helped their daughter who fell ill the day after I left. I will not refuse. It's not every day, that we get a chance to start anew in life, wishes from Akshaya Tritiya come true ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Akshya Tritiya - Nice time to be in India (Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat) - Teusday May 7 (By then Indian National elections will be over. Also the summer would have arrived. At the moment it is very cold in Delhi and Himalayan states are freezing).

carmenara

Yes, I would not like the cold very much. Punjab and Rajasthan weather was perfectly fine for me last year.

There is much to do in my spiritual pursuits. Stories to tell, motivation for others to uphold the traditional way of life, some concerns to address from the distractions and challenges of the world.

Duties to friends might bring me to Bali, Mauritius and South Africa next. Where ever Hinduism thrives, people might ask for me :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes, I would not like the cold very much. Punjab and Rajasthan weather was perfectly fine for me last year.

There is much to do in my spiritual pursuits. Stories to tell, motivation for others to uphold the traditional way of life, some concerns to address from the distractions and challenges of the world.

Duties to friends might bring me to Bali, Mauritius and South Africa next. Where ever Hinduism thrives, people might ask for me :)
If you do go to Mauritius, and you don't have really close friends there, I can give some helpful hints. Spouse and I stayed there for 3 months a few years back.