• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One year after George Floyd's murder, police reform remains a challenge

Heyo

Veteran Member
Supremacy Clause

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions. It prohibits states from interfering with the federal government's exercise of its constitutional powers, and from assuming any functions that are exclusively entrusted to the federal government. It does not, however, allow the federal government to review or veto state laws before they take effect.

Supremacy Clause.
We have a similar clause but we also have states which jealously watch over the federal principle. I.e. it would never pass the Bundesrat (Senate) and might be even unconstitutional.
It's good that finally someone does something but Biden may have overstepped his competences.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
About police reform, I have a new proposal to add to
the many I've already posted. It's based upon the
policy of a trucking company I once looked into.
All their truckers know that if they get even a single
traffic ticket, they're fired.
If truckers can meet that high standard, then why
not cops? It especially concerns me that cops who
drive drunk (posing grave danger to the public) are
typically kept on the job. that should be a sign that
the cop is too irresponsible to have a gun & license
to kill under color of law.

Some video fun....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm not sure why they're having a dispute over qualified immunity. As police officers and lawyers are so fond of saying, if they don't break the law, they have nothing to worry about.
On the flip side, remember this memorable scene from Billy Jack.....