• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One X, therefore one God

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
(1) Knowledge is qualia (non-physical) that is a reliable form and justified belief.

Knowledge is traditionally defined as "justified, true belief", but the definition is not without problems. See Gettier problem - Wikipedia

To call it qualia is, err... non-standard.

(2) That qualia must be founded in one source to be reliable and not multiple sources.

One of the problems is identifying actual knowledge. The process, in general, is very far from reliable. It, quite obviously, does not come from one source.

(3) That one source is best explained to be God rather then multiple sources forming it (as that the latter is unreliable and can't be basis for knowledge).

Absurd non sequitur.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nah. It's not meaningless. All objects are perfection. Try to imagine a world without Maya. It would be ugly.

In his understanding, I think all the objects are guided by God. Without everything guided by God as a source, and if it's as the naturalist (no supernatural/spiritual emanation) say, then those multiple sources would be unreliable, and knowledge is reliable qualia. Hence no such thing as knowledge if no God.

syo

In his understanding, I think all the objects are guided by God. Without everything guided by God as a source, and if it's as the naturalist (no supernatural/spiritual emanation) say, then those multiple sources would be unreliable, and knowledge is reliable qualia. Hence no such thing as knowledge if no God.
Yes, but in pantheism objects are necessity.

Ostronomos

You are defining "X" as "matter or non-object"? So what is the relationship between matter and non-object supposed to be? What are you trying to say there?

For that matter, what does 'non-object' mean?

Anything that is not an object. Such as non-matter.

I'm not sure that I accept that. I'm not sure what information is or what its precise relationship is to matter. I'd wager that you don't understand it either.

The provider of meaning and information is God or Mind.

Information equates to mind, which equates to reality. Information requires a read/write operation to act upon it. For example, matter is a form of physical information.

What does 'self-configuration' mean? What work is 'comparable' doing there? Again, what are you trying to say?

Self-configuration in its mathematical sense can mean to assume a shape or existence of some kind.

What if reality consists of multiple objects?

It does. That is why I said meaningless information comes from many sources.

You lost me there. Something about mental representation I think, then it all dips into incomprehensible Langan-jargon.

The mind is the same as reality as they are both mutually self-configuring. Thus making mind unbound in a sense as it merges with reality beyond the skull.

Ostronomos

When God "self-distributes" over the phenomenal world of objects he appears to maintain order among the potentially dangerous situation of evil. Other than that everything appears the same. Except now it is the mind that influences others as well as electronic media displaying sounds and images.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
X = matter or non-object. Information can have meaning without matter. This is how a misunderstanding of reality can be created by mind. Reality is comparable to self-configuration. Wisdom is information coming from a single source (reality). Meaningless information comes from many (objects).

My belief was incorrect we create meaning, just as our minds contain a self-configuration of reality, which is self-configurating along with reality (psychologists are still unclear as to what the mind is). Where the mind is not static and therefore not concept, it is self-configuring and therefore unbound. The SCSPL is intrinsic as well as is spacetime due to structure S which distributes over S (self-distributive). Spacetime is thus transparent from within. Where objects in reality are s, possessing the structure of one that merges the concepts and is self-dynamic and self-perceptual that is S. S is amenable to theological interpretation.

Are we processing data then manifesting it as our reality then? Our five senses + received data = manifestation of reality, right? That's life. The data would be the all encompassing universe, and each small speck, like the earth, that belongs to it. I wonder sometimes how other animals might "see" the data, and how they might be manifesting their reality as a part of our own. It's a collaborative - Go figure.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I testify OP proves spiritual essence and God, @Ostronomos most people can't digest spiritual proofs.
Not so. We digest them just fine. In fact they act mostly as dietary fiber for the brain since there is no nutrition in them. They help us to clean out all of the nonsense that we acquired over the years.

Ostronomos

Not so. We digest them just fine. In fact they act mostly as dietary fiber for the brain since there is no nutrition in them. They help us to clean out all of the nonsense that we acquired over the years.
It's only nonsense to the deluded atheist.

I and few others adhere to the highest of logic and understanding.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's only nonsense to the deluded atheist.

I and few others adhere to the highest of logic and understanding.
Well it is lucky that I am not one of those "deluded atheists" then . Are you sure that you are not a deluded theist? There is only one way to tell. What do you believe and why?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well it is lucky that I am not one of those "deluded atheists" then . Are you sure that you are not a deluded theist? There is only one way to tell. What do you believe and why?
How do you think you could tell whether someone was a deluded from what they believe and why?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How do you think you could tell whether someone was a deluded from what they believe and why?
Good question. The first test is to see if a person can reason rationally. Do they have a good reason for their beliefs? Can they support their claims? Quite a few can't. That alone is not enough. The key thing is to see how confident they are of unsupported beliefs.

Ostronomos

Good question. The first test is to see if a person can reason rationally. Do they have a good reason for their beliefs? Can they support their claims? Quite a few can't. That alone is not enough. The key thing is to see how confident they are of unsupported beliefs.
There is something about God and the supernatural that cries out to us despite all appearances. Now in this day and age our prayers have finally been answered by the capable few. It is simply the domain of supreme logic. I have that logic, and that dictates reality.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is something about God and the supernatural that cries out to us despite all appearances. Now in this day and age our prayers have finally been answered by the capable few. It is simply the domain of supreme logic. I have that logic, and that dictates reality.
No, it appears that you have wishful thinking. What makes you think that your argument was logical at all?