• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One who Neglects His Prayers. Muslim or Not?

Nehustan

Well I think we are told that the first thing Muslims will be accountable for under judgement is their prayers, and I expect followed by their other fard obligations. I think the answer here is that Muslims will be questioned, those who adhered to the fard obligations AND those who did not, thus by implication anyone who has declared faith in Allah and his messengers, the books revealed through them, the akhirah, the angels is a Muslim, but is dependent on the judgement and mercy of Allah what will happen to them for what they may have done or not done. I think it is in Bukhari that it says angels will be sent to hell to rescue believers, seeing if there is faith equal to a grain of sand or a mustard seed in their 'heart'.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
One who neglects his prayers, Muslim or not?

Of course s/he still remains a Muslim since s/he testifies sincerly that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.

Peace

niceguy

Peace said:
Of course s/he still remains a Muslim since s/he testifies sincerly that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.

Peace

Hopefully it is so. We got several muslims where I work and I have seen no hint that any of them go away and have a prayer session during the workday. SInce it's a rather lax situation about smokebreakes, "prayer breaks" should be no problem if they wanted to do that. Most of this people are very secularised muslims, orginating mostly from Bosnia (refugees) and some don't seem to have any problems with consuming alchohol and doing some other stuff I wouldn't usually consider "muslim like". Nice people thou.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In general anyone who believe that he must not pray anymore is kafir but if he just so lazy to do it or for any other reason but he still believe he must pray or at least try to pray so he is a muslim. Nevertheless, both kinds will be judged by Allah the all knowing and the one who know the intentions of human beings.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
niceguy said:
Hopefully it is so. We got several muslims where I work and I have seen no hint that any of them go away and have a prayer session during the workday. SInce it's a rather lax situation about smokebreakes, "prayer breaks" should be no problem if they wanted to do that. Most of this people are very secularised muslims, orginating mostly from Bosnia (refugees) and some don't seem to have any problems with consuming alchohol and doing some other stuff I wouldn't usually consider "muslim like". Nice people thou.

Yes there are Muslims who don't pray but this doesn't mean that they are no more Muslims. As brother the Truth said if they don't pray just out of laziness or they don't want to, they still to be called Muslims and they will be judged by God. However if they don't pray because they deny the fact that prayer is obligatory (Farida) and one of the fundamental basics of Islam then they are not true believers of Islam, and won't called Muslims according to the eminent scholars.

Peace

john313

warrior-poet
someone who feeds the poor and helps the sick is more of a muslim than someone who only prays 5 prayers a day. but it is one of the things that will be taken into account.

peace

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
john313 said:
someone who feeds the poor and helps the sick is more of a muslim than someone who only prays 5 prayers a day. but it is one of the things that will be taken into account.

peace

Someone who pary 5 times a day is much better than someone who neglect his prayer, feeding the poor and helping others because even unbelievers do the same thing so what's the point if one didn't bow down to his/her lord everyday and worship him?

That's why praying comes after the Shahada directly in the five pillars of islam.