• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One who Knows Others Is Wise: Energy stealing from others

Mychael

One who Knows Others Is Wise: Energy stealing from others

We all try to take power from one another in different battles of energies. Here are four types or categories we can fall into:

1) The Intimidator tries to scare you.

2) The Interrogator looks for fault in you.

3) The Aloof never gives a straight answer.

4) The Poor Me wants you to feel sorry for them.

Each one of these categories is used to take energy from one of the other categories when we encounter them in people. The first two categories usually will create the third and fourth category results in most cases when played out.

The best way to deal with these situations is to name or address the category that is being played out and stop the cycle of the power/energy struggle.

To Know Oneself Is The Road To Enlightenment. To master the understanding of the categories listed above can be along the way of Knowing Yourself.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I've encountered the concept of "energy vampyres" mostly in context with New Age, not in context with Christianity. Like in many other religions, an ideal follower of Christianity probably should look at everyone with compassion, and not judge them, although I have to admit that with regard to this, theory is likely easier than practice.

I once bought into this New Age stuff until I discovered there is often not a lot of substance behind that "light and love" talk. It's more than often selfishness and a superiority complex hidden behind sweet words.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Fortunately, IMO, no actually energy is being stolen, losed or exchanged. Sure others can affect you emotionally. We learn how to manipulate each other emotionally. Start out as a child by crying to get you parents attention. I suspect it is a bit more complex than just the four type you mentioned.

First thing to realize is that one does have the ability to master their emotions. Personally I think Buddhism has a lot of knowledge on this. A good path, direction to take.

Sure you run into these folks who try to manipulate you, learn to recognize these folks and what they are trying to do. Learn to master your emotions. Then these attempts to manipulate you become more a source of humor.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Most of us, myself included, know we are superior to everyone else. Or perhaps if they feel inferior they're still special in how they feel inferior. It's human nature.

Also, the list reminded me of "Transactional Analysis" (aka Games People Play). That school of psychology would not use "vampire" etc, but would agree that "poor me", "see what you made me do" and so forth do exist.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Most of us, myself included, know we are superior to everyone else. Or perhaps if they feel inferior they're still special in how they feel inferior. It's human nature.

Also, the list reminded me of "Transactional Analysis" (aka Games People Play). That school of psychology would not use "vampire" etc, but would agree that "poor me", "see what you made me do" and so forth do exist.

I read that too - came out in 1966 apparently. :cool:

Mychael

My posts main theme is to know yourself through finding your own Light. Mine came through Christianity as its source. I don't push my way on others but offer advice and an example they might see as better than other paths.
I think of this as good advice for all:
We are all teachers to different degrees, so be careful how we teach
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Be careful how you listen. Whoever has, will be given more; whoever does not, even what they think they have, will be taken from them. For without eyes you shall want light therefore’ profess not the knowledge therefore that has no light.
The good person brings good things out of the good stored up in their heart, and the evil person brings evil things out of the evil stored up in their heart. For out of the overflow of their heart does their mouth speak.