• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One way to fight crime... surveillance

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
China even invented an AI to gauge loyalty to the state.

We could do it and protect everyone...

it's just a question of are you brave enough.

PureX

Veteran Member
Surveillance is fine as long as we are in control of it. And we can stop or change it if it becomes abusive. The problem is that "we" already have a long history of civil negligence to the point of allowing serious abuses of power. So it seems to me that this degree of surveillance is like handing the government yet another loaded weapon to use against us.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't like it much. I don't like being on video. I'm not committing any crimes, but I wouldn't want to be watched all the time. Wouldn't be good for one's mental health, I would think...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Surveillance is fine as long as we are in control of it. And we can stop or change it if it becomes abusive. The problem is that "we" already have a long history of civil negligence to the point of allowing serious abuses of power. So it seems to me that this degree of surveillance is like handing the government yet another loaded weapon to use against us.
Ditto here!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
China even invented an AI to gauge loyalty to the state.

We could do it and protect everyone...

it's just a question of are you brave enough.
It'll never work, especially that "measuring loyalty" part. That part is scarier than anything I've ever read or created for a story or came up with in a nightmare. Big Brother is fiction. This **** is real.
Better to address the causes and reasons that give rise to crime to snuff it out than intrude and invade into everyone's thoughts and space.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
It'll never work, especially that "measuring loyalty" part. That part is scarier than anything I've ever read or created for a story or came up with in a nightmare. Big Brother is fiction. This **** is real.
Better to address the causes and reasons that give rise to crime to snuff it out than intrude and invade into everyone's thoughts and space.
I am just floating the topic out there I think it needs consideration.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
What does this have to do with elections? Why is this in the elections subforum?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm waiting for the announcement to implement a social credit score.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Orwellian spector alone ought to give people pause.