• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Theodicy Convinces Me

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I’ve found the solution to the PoE, the theodicy that convinces me why a benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient being allows suffering:

all this emo and screamo I’ve been dusting off over the last week wouldn’t exist if not for pain :p

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I’ve found the solution to the PoE, the theodicy that convinces me why a benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient being allows suffering:

all this emo and screamo I’ve been dusting off over the last week wouldn’t exist if not for pain :p

I will say, some of the most tortured souls alive make some of the most emotionally provocative and influential works of art.

Still, we wouldn't resonate with that work if pain wasn't an aspect of life. It would just be pretty colors on a canvas.

Viker

Häxan
all this emo and screamo I’ve been dusting off over the last week wouldn’t exist if not for pain

46477c87d27b9a768412a06358b5f873.jpg

One more reason to hate who/what ever is responsible for our creation. :p

Magical Wand

Lol. I came here expecting your first lines to explain what a theodicy is, followed by an extensive explanation of why it convinced you.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

A benevolent God would not allow pain when we want to, say, do a tattoo. I always wanted to print Euler identity on my forehead, but just the thought of the pain, made me desist from that noble objective.

Ciao

- viole

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
A benevolent God would not allow pain when we want to, say, do a tattoo. I always wanted to print Euler identity on my forehead, but just the thought of the pain, made me desist from that noble objective.

Ciao

- viole

Just imagine scratching a sunburn and that’s pretty much it, except for the ditch (crease of elbow) which is like death itself

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Lol. I came here expecting your first lines to explain what a theodicy is, followed by an extensive explanation of why it convinced you.

I would more likely give an explanation for why it doesn't actually convince me beyond the joke: in a Toy World, it would still be possible to invoke fictional suffering and conflict for aesthetic enjoyment; and emotional suffering would still exist.