• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One simple practice changes everything

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings

I hope you are enjoying your time today at the forum. If not - tomorrow is another day as they say in the classics.

I was just over at the Lion's Roar website. It has a mountain of articles & advice from a Buddhist perspective.

Here's a little taste -

Wise intention is one of the steps of the Buddha’s eightfold path, and it might be the most important one.

Wise intention is what keeps our lives heading in the right direction. If I want to drive north to Seattle from my home in the Bay Area, I need to keep checking that the sun is setting on my left to be sure I’m heading in the right direction. The practice of wise intention is like checking the sun: it’s a way to make sure our actions and our lives are going in the direction we want.

Wise intention is the cornerstone of wise effort, of actions that are wholesome and positive. The instructions for wise effort call for us to continually evaluate our actions and choose those that lead to less suffering and eschew those that lead to more suffering. This is easily determined by checking if the action is being fueled by wholesome or unwholesome intentions. So clarity about our intentions needs to be present to inform wise effort.

Here’s an example of the importance of wise intention.

Read more by clicking below.

Intention: One Simple Practice that Changes Everything - Lion's Roar

Enjoy the rest of your day!