• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One reason among many I don't trust current media.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This just about privatization, and the news never show the true story. It's not only useless for truth but deceptive.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
[
This just about privatization, and the news never show the true story. It's not only useless for truth but deceptive.
I don't trust the news at all ... yes I trust them to be untrustworthy
Very true this

Jeremiah Ames

you are correct

in this particular instance

i could post 100’s of examples of unbiased actual news from the mainsteam press

the guy on this video gives you the answer: JUST BE CRITICAL

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah it's not all bad, you can't tell when they are truthful. @Jeremiah Ames you are correct, we have to be critical, but they should also correct the way they present things. If they manipulate stories often, how can we rely on them only because many of the times they don't?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Youtube is a current medium, and shares all the problems of traditional media, and then some.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

I completely agree that this shows a disturbingly warped view of things. Too many people in the U.S. think of politics like a sport and the only objective is to score points.

But still this video contains no actual lies or misinformation. And that puts it miles ahead of other “news” sources.

if you watch this video it is actually a great source of information. Yes, the hosts asks an incredibly stupid question displaying her own bias. But Representative Jayapal answers brilliantly and shuts that down, And you got to see it. This is good.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I completely agree that this shows a disturbingly warped view of things. Too many people in the U.S. think of politics like a sport and the only objective is to score points.

But still this video contains no actual lies or misinformation. And that puts it miles ahead of other “news” sources.

if you watch this video it is actually a great source of information. Yes, the hosts asks an incredibly stupid question displaying her own bias. But Representative Jayapal answers brilliantly and shuts that down, And you got to see it. This is good.

Fair point.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Its sad it's gotten this way but let's face it.

The ratings system fuels the viewership and ads pays the bills so tabloid reigns supreme.

People only like gossip and drama. Not the news. Real news is boring. Gossip and tabloid is exciting.

I blame the collective.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The news is good at reporting, not commentating on the reporting.
If the news says that an earthquake happened in place X and govt. says Y ppl died, I trust that information.

ecco

Veteran Member
Its sad it's gotten this way but let's face it.

The ratings system fuels the viewership and ads pays the bills so tabloid reigns supreme.

People only like gossip and drama. Not the news. Real news is boring. Gossip and tabloid is exciting.

I disagree. I enjoy watching news because I am interested in what is going on in the world.

CBS, ABC, NBC report the news with little commentary.

They showed clips of Donald Trump at the Jan 6th rally imploring people to act to stop the fraud and them he will join them in marching on the Capitol. I don't recall any of them snidely saying: "But Trump didn't march with them". We could see that for ourselves

Of course, because of their liberal bias, they didn't show the parts where Trump said: "Thank you for coming, but I lost the election so go home".

Jeremiah Ames

Yeah it's not all bad, you can't tell when they are truthful. @Jeremiah Ames you are correct, we have to be critical, but they should also correct the way they present things. If they manipulate stories often, how can we rely on them only because many of the times they don't?

i am pretty careful about what I take in, hopefully

if anything seems questionable, I search for numerous other sources

also, I expect a little opinion to occasionally slip in, but really am more interested in actual news

Jeremiah Ames

Notice a difference?

thanks for posting that

i used to watch Fox

but since around 2005, I learned that Fox is a cesspool better avoided by people who desire to think for themselves

and when Shepherd Smith left, it was pretty much the end

it is amazing they even invited that professor to speak

but following in oreilly’s footsteps, ingrum knows how to quickly squash any truth that might slip through