• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Question For Many Religions (Please Help)

Stu. K.

Hi guys! I'm doing a World Religions assignment where I have to ask 1 question to 6 different religions. I would very much appreciate if one Muslim (any type/denomination is fine) person, and one Jewish (any type/denomination is fine) person would be nice enough to answer this question. Please list what your religion is, along with your specific denomination. About a paragraph would be nice, but can be shorter if that's too much to ask.

My question is: Do you know, and if so then how, that if you were born in say, a different country, you would still be the same religion and hold the same religious beliefs you still hold today?

Thanks a lot guys! :confused:

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I am a Noachide and while we haven't really denominations as such, I will say that if needed I will take advice only from Orthodox and Charedi Rabbis.

I am pretty sure I would be a Noachide if I were born in another country (I was born and live in England), because I love to research different religions and beliefs. I have done a lot of research on Islam, Christianity (my former faith) and some on European Paganisms. Owing to my long time research and belief in Christianity, of course the world's largest faith, I came to know quite a bit about Judaism as I was losing my belief in Christ. So, owing to my love of researching and different religions, talking to people of different faiths etc. I am pretty certain I would still be a Noachide as I found other faiths lacking.

arthra

Baha'i
Hi guys! I'm doing a World Religions assignment where I have to ask 1 question to 6 different religions. I would very much appreciate if one Muslim (any type/denomination is fine) person, and one Jewish (any type/denomination is fine) person would be nice enough to answer this question. Please list what your religion is, along with your specific denomination. About a paragraph would be nice, but can be shorter if that's too much to ask.

My question is: Do you know, and if so then how, that if you were born in say, a different country, you would still be the same religion and hold the same religious beliefs you still hold today?

As a Baha'i I could live or be raised in any country of the globe and still be a Baha'i. Our faith is fairly new only about a little over 174 years old and there are Baha'is in all the countries of the globe...of course in some countries the Faith is not recognized. We also have a vision for a one world civilization with universal education... an elimination of prejudices and a universal auxiliary language. Baha'u'llah has said..

The fairest tree of knowledge is this sublime word:

'Ye are all the fruit of one tree and the leaves of one branch.' Pride is not for him who loves his country, but for him who loves the [whole] world."

(Abdu'l-Baha, A Traveller's Narrative, p. 83)

danieldemol

Premium Member
There is also the difference in station between the manifestation of God and the station of the believer. The manifestation of God may pass judgements against individuals, however as individuals we must not pass judgements against each other such as "you are ignorant" etc.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member

I left the religion I was born into and converted into a very different one.
I'd be willing to say that I'd make the same change if I had been born elsewhere.