• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Piece

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I figured this fit here better than in "The Arts", since One Piece is both an anime and a manga. :)

Any other people here like One Piece? When I first saw pictures of it I avoided it like the plague; the style looked totally unlikeable, and it looked like a typical shonen series with nothing but the same old fights and enemies and about as much storyline as a rock.

A friend of mine had been badgering me for years to pick it up, and finally one day when I was in the book store I did. I promptly became hooked by the lovable characters, wonderful characterization, and interesting storyline and read every volume that was out in the US, then got online to read every volume that was out in Japan. This took me several months. And now I still wait for the new chapters to be scanlated each week. :D

What are your favorite characters? How far have you read/watched into the series? Do you like the anime or manga more?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I watch a bit of it, maybe the first 50 or so episodes. But I couldn't keep up, there were way too many episodes than I thought I first started to watch it.

I did like Zoro though, anyone who could wield three swords with one of them in his teeth is awesome in my book :D

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Bleh, IMO the anime was utter crap. It cuts out and completely changes things that were in the manga. Not to mention Oda draws a lot better than the animators they hire.

Zoro does kick butt, though. :D