• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the oldest arguements: Is Jesus God?

may

Jesus​
Christ

Definition: The only-begotten Son of God, the only Son produced by Jehovah alone. This Son is the firstborn of all creation. By means of him all other things in heaven and on earth were created. He is the second-greatest personage in the universe. It is this Son whom Jehovah sent to the earth to give his life as a ransom for mankind, thus opening the way to eternal life for those of Adam’s offspring who would exercise faith. This same Son, restored to heavenly glory, now rules as King, with authority to destroy all the wicked and to carry out his Father’s original purpose for the earth. The Hebrew form of the name Jesus means "Jehovah Is Salvation"; Christ is the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shi´ach (Messiah), meaning "Anointed One

hanessah

To Ronald's response, OK I was raised as a Christian maybe this is why I have a hard time finding a "right" church for me now, as maybe I'm not a Christian . I do believe in God, the Holy Spirit and that Jesus is the Son of God . yes by that sperm that He also created. My question to you is. How can Jesus be God when he clearly states or at least our translatons state, He said that He is not God but His Son sent to deliver His message. The three belong together to make up this Trinity . and as I said of Muhammad being a messenger , he makes no claim to be a son of God,(no more than any of us are) but yet he is a messenger of God and was given wisdom that we are to be seeking. . and, If we are to be seeking wisdom I find it ignorant of people to believe that one book whether it be the Bible, Qu ran, Torah...... that only this is truth. I would appreciate your response.

Ronald

hanessah said:
To Ronald's response, OK I was raised as a Christian maybe this is why I have a hard time finding a "right" church for me now, as maybe I'm not a Christian . I do believe in God, the Holy Spirit and that Jesus is the Son of God . yes by that sperm that He also created. My question to you is. How can Jesus be God when he clearly states or at least our translatons state, He said that He is not God but His Son sent to deliver His message. The three belong together to make up this Trinity . and as I said of Muhammad being a messenger , he makes no claim to be a son of God,(no more than any of us are) but yet he is a messenger of God and was given wisdom that we are to be seeking. . and, If we are to be seeking wisdom I find it ignorant of people to believe that one book whether it be the Bible, Qu ran, Torah...... that only this is truth. I would appreciate your response.
1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 ¶ Then God said, "Let there be light"; What created Light? The WORD created Light!

Are you, your voice or is your voice a part of you? Your New Testament will verify Yeshua as the "Word of God", The son of God, the image of God, the first born of creation and many more Godly features. If you read Dr. Roy Blizzards "Who is Jesus" He can explain it much better than I can. Yeshua is the Word of God made flesh and he lived among us as a mortal human being born of a woman with PURE BLOOD of the FATHER making YESHUA the "FIRSTER ADAM"/better way of translating "The Second Adam. Adam sinned Yeshua didn't and at the last Trump he will RESTORE the EARTH to GAN EDEN.

If you are really searching for Truth, the Spirit of Truth/ruach haqodesh/Holy Spirit will open your eyes. If you are only listening to Preachers and Teachers, each one of these people are sure they are right. In other words read the Tanack, especially Ge.22:1-19 then set it aside and take a sheet of paper and think about those verses then list every thing that reminds you of Jesus and what he did for you. This is an eye opener.

Do a Google search for Karl Coke Ministries study his material and/or Dr. Richard Bookers sites they are awash in information that will help you to see Yeshua/Jesus in the Older Testament. Christianity was changed from it's original teaching.

Your Bible tells you that God does not change, therefore His Truths from the beginning are the truths in the end.

Ronald

robtex said:
somebody gonna address this question?
Jesus is a Human, perishable Human, his Father is God and is his God, his mentor, his teacher, the one who will resurrect him from the dead.

NO! NO! Jesus is not God! He is the Word of God! He is sitting at the right hand of God!
He has been immortalized, he is just like his Father, Eternal!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ronald said:
Jesus is a Human, perishable Human, his Father is God and is his God, his mentor, his teacher, the one who will resurrect him from the dead.

NO! NO! Jesus is not God! He is the Word of God! He is sitting at the right hand of God!
He has been immortalized, he is just like his Father, Eternal!
What have you to say to those who believe in reincarnation, who believe that we all have individual souls which merely use a 'human body' as a vehicle for our lives on earth ?:)

Cordoba

robtex said:
somebody gonna address this question?
Sounds like a logical question.

The answer is only humans worship God.

Jesus, peace be upon him, is human.

He was God's chosen prophet to guide the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

Ronald

michel said:
What have you to say to those who believe in reincarnation, who believe that we all have individual souls which merely use a 'human body' as a vehicle for our lives on earth ?:)
Nothing, since my mind can't comprehend that! I believe in the Creator God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. As it is written in the Bible.

andddd

Why on Earth would the son of God be born out of a human being?? Thats just making fun of God. So ur saying God had sex??? I think thats a sin in most religions...ohh and something else...jesus wanted to be tortured in his last 2 hours to forgive all christians sins right?? y would he ask God for help then?? y is he asking God "why have you forsaken me?" And if thats true..can i go and rape a whole bunch of ladies...murder ppl...and commit all these sins without being tortured?? U guys should stop playing around with words and focus on reality...would a God be born?? would a God die?? would a God appear as a human being?? Thats just too unreal...
I know that jesus existed..but the way christians tell his life time story is just not realistic. Islam says that jesus was a messenger..not a god.. that would really make more sence then to beleive he is the son of God.

take care..